T.J. Dillashaw shut down Cruz and his title shot

Its mma math but its also relevant to the title shot. Its either let Cruz fight next off a loss or rematch Cody, maybe win and fight TJ
TJ probably fights Moraes next and i see him winning that
So if TJ beat Moraes and Cody beats Dom, who fights TJ? It's dumb because there is a story and significant meaning behind fighting Dom.

To the all the braindeads who say TJ is scared:

Umm. That tweet is kind of proving that TJ is scared.

He wanted the rematch when he had nothing to lose. Now that he has to put something on the line, he doesn't want to risk his belt.

He should fight him if he wants to avenge his loss, especially if its the only thing that will solidify his status as GOAT bantamweight but if he doesnt then I dont mind seeing Cody Cruz 2.
I don't think TJ has beat Cruz to be the goat but just to keep winning in general. They have the same amount of wins, similar competition, and TJ has way more finishes

The fans want it, it will make money... he can’t hide for long

Umm. That tweet is kind of proving that TJ is scared.

He wanted the rematch when he had nothing to lose. Now that he has to put something on the line, he doesn't want to risk his belt.

This applies to Cruz equally well.

I wouldnt have a problem with Cruz having to prove that he still has it, even if hes ranked 2nd still, but the problem is that the UFC will be looking to make a good match that the fans will want to see and Cruz v Dillashaw is that match. It would guarantee more views than Moraes v Dillashaw.

@20 mins of below the belt bonus episode

"So, the one thing i have against Cruz is that he feels entitled. He feels entitled about this rematch. He hasnt been active. If he had been active, sure... you deserve the title match. But you wanna be sidelined for 2 years saying you are "injured" and then all of a sudden when im looking for a contender then its "im ready". He just want to pass murderers row. He doesnt want to challenge himself whatsoever. To me its a pussy move, like "oh im hurt, im hurt". Yeah sure, maybe you were hurt, but go out there and prove yourself, beat marlon moraes and lets do this dance.

He doesnt prove himself at all.. two years... he lost the belt, hasnt fought in two years, been sidelined and now just wants to pop up and be relevant and feels like he has this entitlemend. It has 0 sense to me. I have more finishes in the ufc than he has wins. Talk about who is the greatest of all time in this weight class...

He was very calm through the whole thing but got a bit jumpy when this subject came up. Also, seemed to me like he already had planned a list of things to say in order to dismiss this fight.

I sense a little bit of a snake below the grass this time. Not preparing for the attack but hiding completely this time.
<GSPWoah>

Cruz should not get a title shot. The guy breaks his ankles when he gets out of bed.

Cruz/Assuncao and TJ/Moraes is the way to go.

We don't need an eliminator. The champ should be the one to eliminate his contenders. If TJ doesn't want to avenge his loss, have him fight Moraes. Let Cruz get a win elsewhere, then let Cruz fight for the title assuming he wins. Simple.

preferrably cruz could get two wins and stay healthy

What is with people wanting the champ to defend over guys who got smoked in their last fight?

I'd love to see this fight again I confess. I love both fighters. The first was epic(I felt TJ won, but I get it being a close decision. Despite some judges being on crack. One gave 49-46 Cruz and one 49-46 TJ. Clearly Dom won round 1 and 3 and clearly TJ won round 4 and 5)

If you factor damage into it, then the only truly damaging blows of the fight were TJ mulching Dominick's leg with kicks

Cruz is a level above tj. Tj was hitting air

Cruz needs to get a win. He has ZERO wins over the current top 15 BW contenders. Ronda Rouse has fought more recently.

I think Assuncao deserves the next title shot but I will settle for Moraes with Cruz/Assuncao for #1 contender.

It's the fight to make.

If I'm TJ that's a fight I think I'd want, but I wonder if he would be reticent to sign up to fight someone that has a 25% chance of even making it to fight night?

It is not a good style match up for TJ, but he'd still be an easy easy favourite.

Cruz should get a win before he challenges for the title again.

Respect to TJ for wanting to fight the best challengers in his division. He had to work his way back to the title and isnt going after easy fights the way Cruz did with Urijah.

Some Twitter fights are better than in the cage...

Back