T.J. Dillashaw shut down Cruz and his title shot

I don't think there's Math involved. Cruz said "You can't be the best unless you beat the guy that beat you," so Dillashaw encouraged him to become the best.
So neither will be the best and an mma loop is created.

TS Just a heads up, you accidentally wrote "shuts down" instead of "blatantly ducks." Should probably get that fixed.

How did you get that conclusion? He didn't the first time. MMA math doesn't work so you can't say just because TJ killed Cody that he will do the same for Dom.

Because Killashaw is on a different level now.

Cruz's glass body gets smashed.

Cruz should fight GSP for the title of most pathetic try to get an undeserved titleshot.

Cruz got his ass whopped by Cody..

has a fight scheduled.. Gets injured (again)

now he deserves a title shot?? Without having a single fight

What is up with these "champions" picking an choosing who they fight? Turning into boxing

TJ scared lol

Dom is scared to fight a contender because he might get his ass whooped and never see a title shot again. He's really trying to milk that split decision years ago because he knows this is the last time he gets to fight for the belt.

Fuck em, everyone knows TJ is gonna whoop his ass in the rematch anyway.

What is up with these "champions" picking an choosing who they fight? Turning into boxing

Lol why do you think Cruz deserves a title shot over Moraes?

Forget Cruz, let him fight Lineker or Rivera to see it he's still got it.

Lol why do you think Cruz deserves a title shot over Moraes?

Forget Cruz, let him fight Lineker or Rivera to see it he's still got it.
He beat TJ after a 4 year layoff last time. He'd have no problem doing it again. An he definately deserves it based off what he's accomplished. Brock Lesnar getting a title shot right? Darren Till? Do they deserve it?

They definitely need to fight again, and i think that its also the money fight for TJ now (as much as a moneyfight is for those weight classes). However, i think the ufc will probably do the Cejudo fight. Theyre just so desperate for the quick buck these days that i think theyll try and hype up another champ-champ fight. The fight id like to see is Moraes first though, and cruz vs assenceo...winner gets tj (think tj beats marlon)

TJ arguably won that fight though. Cruz better STFU, it's not like he's some dominant force these days. After getting embarrassed by Cody he should get a couple of wins first.

I wouldn’t mind watching the fight but I would easily prefer a match with Moraes at this point. Cruz should have lost the decision to TJ in my opinion. Had him holbled from leg kicks and landed the harder punches.

Umm. That tweet is kind of proving that TJ is scared.

He wanted the rematch when he had nothing to lose. Now that he has to put something on the line, he doesn't want to risk his belt.
Ironic because that's exactly what Cruz did.When reporters asked him about Dillashaw he said ''I don't need to prove anything to him'' after a close fight where a lot of people scored for TJ.TJ had to beat Assuncao and Lineker to get a title shot.What did Cruz did to get a title shot? He hasn't fought for two years and recently pulled out of a fight.TJ owns him nothing.

Last edited:
Titleshots are handed and not earned in 2018 so who really gives a shit that Cruz has not done much lately.
I'd watch the rematch.

It’s sad what time and injuries will do to a fighter. Just tonight I re-watched his 2nd fight with Uriah in the UFC.. God damn was Dominic incredibly athletic and fast back then. He basically came back and beat TJ using his mind more than anything else. He’s not even close to that same level of athlete. Dominic to me is an amazing fighter People disrespecting him are really being unfair. To deal with all of those injuries and come back to reclaim that title. It’s the greatest comeback story I think ever in the sport.

Not intending to disrespect him, but he feels incredibly entitled to think he deserves an immediate title shot (even though immediate = 18 months later and probably 20-22 months later by the time he fights).

Since he’s been gone other guys have earned a shot like Assuncao and Moraes.

Comparing a common opponent is not mma math especially when it was both of their previous fights

Saying I don't need to beat you because I already beat the guy that beat you before is exactly what MMA Math is. It's even worse considering Cruz owns a victory over him.

Just remember, when he decisioned YOU a dominant champ at the time with a huge win over a p4p best in the sport of the time, he didn't give YOU a rematch. that's the difference here. Make him fight assuncao and lineker.
Wat. Is YOU an acronym?

Back