T.J. Dillashaw shut down Cruz and his title shot

These two need to fight right away.

Dom isnt getting any younger. I already have real concerns that he wouldnt make it through a camp healthy

From Tj's point of view he was robbed by a close decision and it can happen again. If I was TJ I wouldn't agree for a rematch either. It took him years to get his belt back.

Cruz does not deserve another instant title shot. Maybe if Cruz beats the top contender or two there's no denying him a title shot.

Assuncao and Moraes deserve it before Cruz.
100%. Dom doesn’t go from having a fight scheduled with Jimmy Rivera, then pulling out, to leapfrogging Jimmy and 3-4 others to get a title shot.

Why is he complaining so much? just win a fight, Dom. If you’re the best in the division beating Assuncao or Moraes is not a big problem.

It’s sad what time and injuries will do to a fighter. Just tonight I re-watched his 2nd fight with Uriah in the UFC.. God damn was Dominic incredibly athletic and fast back then. He basically came back and beat TJ using his mind more than anything else. He’s not even close to that same level of athlete. Dominic to me is an amazing fighter People disrespecting him are really being unfair. To deal with all of those injuries and come back to reclaim that title. It’s the greatest comeback story I think ever in the sport.

TJ smokes him in the rematch.

Can't win hitting air.
BitterWetGreatdane.gif

Fuck giving Cruz a Rematch. Fuck that actually.

TJ didn't get his rematch after losing to cruz by the narrowest of margins. Then he racks up 2 title defenses one against barao, Who at the time was considered one of the best fighters in the sport pound for pound, on a fucking what? 31 fight win streak when Dillashaw murdered him back to back? without giving up a round. No fucking way, Dominic doesn't deserve it.

LMAO TJ dont want SHIT to do with Moraes ...dont blame em but i think TJ's footwork gets him the win all day

Dominic really deserved an immediate rematch against Cody so why not give him TJ since he has a win over TJ and he deserved an immediate title fight because he was a dominant champion before Cody dethroned him?

Makes perfect sense.

Also, I don't understand TJ's reasoning- he's willing to grant a guy he already KO'd an immediate rematch but not the guy that beat him? Both are coming off losses. Weird.

I hope Dominic still beats TJ though. Would be hilarious.

He is not wrong. Cruz got embarrassed by Cody who then got highlight reeled twice by TJ. Should be Moraes' title shot. Cruz should fight Assuncao.

Translation: “I can’t beat you, so I take pride in beating someone who beat you”

#SHOOK
<{yahyou}>
<Durant35>
<JRSmith40>

I'm not a professional MMA figher, but if I was, I feel like I'd jump at the chance to fight the guy who decision'd me, especially if I did twice knock out the guy who beat him.

Can't believe people are pushing for Dom to fight for a title after another 2 year lay off. Too many other good contenders to be wasting time on a guy who can't stay healthy enough to fight.

How about win a fight first. Or maybe even take a fight first.

Cruz hasn't fought in 2 years, and the last time he fought, he got beat hand-idly by the guy TJ knocked out with ease. If anything, Cruz should be fighting Cody in a rematch.

On a serious note, TJ shouldn’t have received an immediate rematch vs Cruz. Cruz had never lost since becoming champion. He got hurt so they handed out another belt to keep things going but everyone knew that once Cruz came back and fought whoever had the belt, then that’s who the champion was. Cruz came back after a long layoff and still beat TJ. Even if the fight was close Cruz was out forever and TJ was in his prime and still couldn’t get it done. A loss is a loss. Doesn’t matter if it’s a split decision. Split decisions don’t mean you get to keep your belt when you lose and TJ cried and acted like he never lost that fight.

The real champ kept his belt and moved on. TJ whining about it doesn’t change anything. Cruz lost to Cody and didn’t cry and say he was champion still and that the belt was still his. He moved on and booked a fight but unfortunately got hurt. I got Cruz in the rematch followed by my whining from TJ.

TJ and that angel voice'd Marlon need to fight....

Dom can fight a contender with his entitled millennial mma mentality ...

Back