• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sweating Like A Hog

Just wondering if anyone else here has this problem and if so, how you handle it. I sweat a ridiculous amount when sparring/rolling. Thing thing is that the better shape I'm in the more I sweat. The guys I'm training with think that I'm getting tired, when I actually feeling stronger. I avoid caffeine and drink between 1.5-2.5 gallons of water a day. I've had this issue every since I've been training (7 years). I have kicked my training up quite a bit though in the past few months.

The problem is that the sweat can become a distraction when I'm trying to work. I usually train in jogging pants and a regular t-shirt. Do you think a rashguard would help? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Later.

Don't forget to bring a towel! :D

My dad had a huge problem with being an excessive sweater, so much so that he had minor surgery to cut a nerve near his temple. This type of surgery inhibits your bodies sweat response, so in extreme cases you might be more susceptible to overheating/heatstroke than regular people.

I know that removal of some, or all of the sweat glands in the armpits is a common surgery for people who sweat profusely, and leaves no visible scars, since the incision is deep in your armpit.

Alot of women who have sweating problems have this type of procedure performed, since it's something of a self-image issue I suppose, and is preferable to a small scar on their face.

I inherited my dads sweating problem to a lesser degree, so I've opted to just make sure I always changes of clothes around, and suck it up.

I'm a sweaty person too. I'll break a sweat just getting out of bed on a warm day. It is a very annoying problem when I'm training as I routinely get blinded by my own sweat pouring into my eyes.

Some of us just naturally sweat more than others, but... I was once told, and I'm inclined to agree that your body gets used to sweating in certain situations. Especially when I'm on a schedule and am working out at the same time all the time, I start to "moisten" a bit. If I work out at 5 every day, my "perspiration" output starts to increase about 20 minutes before, even when I'm in a cool area.

I wouldn't worry about it, if it was me.

You could have over active sweat glands as well. When i start sweating i keep sweating and it just keeps coming. You got to watch out cause it can dehydrate you before you even know it.

Same here I sweat like a pig when working out. I just wear the nike cool gear, some good MT shorts or Grappling shorts. There is nothing i can do about my sweating. I usually leave a fucking puddle of sweat in the area i spar so when i'm done usually the two pple to spar next are slipping and losing their balance on the mat.

Add me to the list. Pretty much any exercise, or even a briskly paced walk on a day 65F or higher (or less if humid). Conversely, I enjoy cooler weather and am comfortable in the cold longer than others.

I've gotten into significantly better condition over the last 12 months, but there's been absolutely no change.

Truthfully this summer has been the worst. I started BJJ in April and I live a 10-15 minute walk from the dojo. Returning home with my bag is awful. Partly because I walk quickly, partly because I haven't cooled down, but mostly cause my gi is twice as heavy post workout as it was pre workout (soaked)! Even when I did judo as a teen I was the same way. Even if I'm not winded in BJJ, I can't help but drip. Keeping the hair short helps though.

And wouldn't you know it, the GF just moved into a 4th floor walk-up. The man upstairs has a cruel sense of humor.

i sweat even when i dont work out.

i get pit stains all the time living in california.

My dad had a huge problem with being an excessive sweater, so much so that he had minor surgery to cut a nerve near his temple. This type of surgery inhibits your bodies sweat response, so in extreme cases you might be more susceptible to overheating/heatstroke than regular people.

I know that removal of some, or all of the sweat glands in the armpits is a common surgery for people who sweat profusely, and leaves no visible scars, since the incision is deep in your armpit.

Alot of women who have sweating problems have this type of procedure performed, since it's something of a self-image issue I suppose, and is preferable to a small scar on their face.

I inherited my dads sweating problem to a lesser degree, so I've opted to just make sure I always changes of clothes around, and suck it up.

Another heavy sweater here. I never knew there were so many. In my dojo only myself and one other guy are the big sweaters out of maybe 20 regulars.

Interesting about the temple surgery. I didn't know they did a procedure like that, which is I assume for sweating on the head. I've heard of the one for pits and hangs but not head, which is where I sweat the most.

I wish there was something less drastic than surgery for it as it can be distracting a little embarrassing at times.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back