• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sweating Like A Hog

Sweating is good. It means your body has the proper amount of hydration to actually attempt to cool itself off. If you are not sweating you should be a little worried because it means you are dehydrated. I would recommend working out in long sleeved under armour shirts and some type of light pants. The under armour will help to wick away the sweat, and won't get all soggy like a cotton shirt does.

*raises hand*

Sweaty dude here too.
I also turn bright pink and get bulging blood vessels in the temple area of my noggin.

I have heard that sweating a lot means you have a higher metabolism.

I've also heard that sweating a lot means your well hydrated and since you have so much water stored, your body is not worried about losing some.

Sweat is good, IMO. Just bring some shirts to switch into as others have said. I just did a jog and when I finished sweat was pouring off me all over my sunglasses I couldn't even see through them. When I mountain bike the only time I know I'm getting a good work out is when I feel the sweat from my elbows drip down and hit my knees. lol.

Bring a towel, and bring some shirts. Be happy because sweating easily is awesome when you need to cut weight.

Sign me up. in addition to leaving puddles wherever I workout, I cover my mirrors in sweat splatter when I shadow box... I've also showered a few of my friends if they're standing too close to the bag.

I'm wondering... do the rest of you sweaty folk feel most comfortable when you can turn the AC down to 60?

ive always sweated a lot. i like it, sort of a confirmation that im working hard enough. having done manual labor for most of my life, it seems to impress employers that im working hard enough to soak my shirt. found a couple of sweat bands that channel the sweat away from my eyes while mountain biking, but thats about the only adjustment ive made.

sweat = good workout

I've had 2 dermatologists and 1 doctor tell me I have the most active sweat glands they've ever seen. It's really embarrassing in general life, like when it's hot outside and we're all complaining how hot it is, but I'm still the only one dripping in sweat, so I've got no excuse. One positive is that when I workout I feel as if I've worked hard, due to the sweat.

Hey pigs.
Me 2, I really sweat alot.

When I was training no gi, I was like a fish, couldn`t be caught.
Now that I train gi, I regularly whipe my face with my sleeve not to sweat on the guys's face when I'm in his guard.

I believe it`s clearly healthy to sweat alot.
I don`t know for sure about the link between hydration and sweat, but I know that sweating cleans your skin. That`s why Finns and Russians go in saunas.

I sweat pretty viciously myself. My instructor loves making fun of me about it, haha. We'll be stretching out at the end and he comes up behind me to help push me down sometimes, since I'm not the most flexible. Everytime he does he comes up with his gi covered in sweat. Says his wife's going to yell at him because it looked like he worked out too. :icon_chee

I am on the opposite side, I don't sweat as much as most people, but I always drink a lot of water and am well hydrated. I don't have to use as much effort as a lot of people around me.

i sweat like a pig. been doing that since i was a kid. it must be something i was born with.

but pigs don't actually sweat....

But yeah, I sweat a lot too. The best thing to wear is shorts and one of those moisture wicking tops. Rashguards are made from the same material but are thicker and tend to hold in more heat, but for me it doesn't really matter in Muay Thai because the shirt will get drenched completely regardless. It makes a difference in a regular airconditionned gym though, in that I don't have a sweat problem when lifting weights, and it takes longer for me to get soaked when I'm doing cardio. It seems like the more I sweat, the more I sweat, if you know what I mean. Sweat triggers itself.

I think the more fat you have the more you'll sweat too because it holds in more heat, and you're carrying around more water to begin with just trying to stay hydrated.

I bet sweat does help in grappling. Fedor sweats too.

sweat isnt a bad thing, it shows you are having an intense workout and is your bodies cooling mecanism. a bad thing about it though the more you swet the more electrolytes you loose, but it depends on your body. A way you can cope with it is using baby powder on your back, chest, and ofcourse its wonderful for the crotch. Ive been using the powder method for a while and it helps.

seriously some of us just sweat alot it happes. my doctor disscussed removing one set f my sweat glands but that seemed a little over kill

Don't worry about it. I'm in decent shape and I sweat a ton. Its just a genetics thing I think, there some dudes at the judo club I go to who barely sweat at all, while there are some of us who look like we just stepped out of the shower after going a few rounds. The only annoying thing for me is when it gets in my eyes. I bring a wash cloth with me in my gi bag when I go to train and about half way through practice I sometimes duck out (especialy in the summer when its wicked hot) and dry off my face and hair to keep it from getting everywhere.

I dont think that it is a sign of the shape that you are in at all. I trained for a long time with Rene Capo, a 100kg bull of pure muscle pretty much and he sweated just as much as I do, maybe more, and this guy is an olympic level judo player iwth tremendous cardio and is in amazing shape.

My suggestion if you are working nogi is to not wear cotton, I find that cotton gets nasty when I'm sweating a lot- I prefer to wear a tight rash guard under my gi or if nogi a tight rashguard and then those sleek, almost satiny, basketball shorts- just make sure they aren't too big, they should fit snug. The only issue I have with the sweat is when I am wearing cotton and it gets really heavy on my body and strecthes- it just gets nasty. I find having short hair helps with it too. If you wear the right stuff you wont even notice that you're sweating a lot- it will be a non issue.

Another sweaty bastard here too. I have to wear a beanie and a jumper so i dont leave puddles on the floor for people to slip in. Of course if i have to do anything that requires me to go to ground, it happens anyway. Sucks during summer.

This thread makes me feel better about how much I sweat.

After my work out, it looks like I just pulled my shirt out of the wash.

And Girljock, let's see those pics.

I sweat mostly from the head. I can be 5 minutes into a workout and dripping into puddles on the floor. Make for a nice spray around me when doing a spinning back fist/kick.

Maybe its because you drink so much water? Which is a good thing though..

I tend to sweat more if ive been drinking lots of water, i think i was drinking far more than a needed.

Caffiene also makes me sweat more, and sugar makes my sweat thicker/stickier.

One thing that annoys me is when you get sweat on a kick shield and cant plant a decent push kick on it without your foot slipping to the sides or towards your partners face

When I was training no gi, I was like a fish, couldn`t be caught.
Now that I train gi, I regularly whipe my face with my sleeve not to sweat on the guys's face when I'm in his guard.

This is really the only concession I make. I don't really care if my sweat is pouring all over someone, but its embarassing if it drips in their mouth. :redface:

Other options are to wipe the sweat off your brow on their shirt when you in their guard :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back