• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

SUMO - 2023 Natsu Basho (May 14th - 28th)

I want to see Daieisho against Hokusheio

I don’t see Daieisho allowing himself to be grabbed

I heard on the NHK broadcast that Kotoshoho has a left knee injury, and surprisingly, that Takayasu will be back for day 11.

Takayasu: Re-enters ring for one day. Dumpsters Abi. Explains nothing. Leaves.
Fantastic throw from Wakabro. God damn.
Hoshoryu is 0-9 against Terunofuji. until he can get even one win, there's no real path for him to ozeki or more, let's be real. He's either too respectful of the fellow mongolian who is a yokozuna to use tricks, or he simply isn't the size yet, cause he just gets bullied out every time.

Takerufuji continues his march through Makushita at 5-1. The traps on this dude, he must shrug for hours each day.

Kawazoe 4-2 at Ms1 should be good to move up to Juryo! That's my boy! One more win would absolutely secure a promotion.

Not gonna be too long before Onosato is in Juryo too. If he gets to 6-1 then he probably lands around Ms2, so Juryo in September looks likely. Not surprising given how dominant he was prior to turning pro.

Awesome match between Ochiai and Gonoyama, in which Gonoyama came out on top and by doing so keeps the Juryo Yusho race quite spicy.

Tamawashi is slowly pulling it back after a horrendous first six matches.

Wow, Tsurugisho made Mitakeumi look weak.

Huge learning experience for Kinbozan this basho.

Ura you absolute legend.

Ozeki Kiribayama incoming. Then again, his next four matches could be Terunofuji, Takakeisho, Hoshoryu and maybe Asanoyama.

Waka bro strong as fuck.

You do not let Terunofuji lock your arms.

Last edited:
Go to 10:13 on this video and tell me that intro isn't completely badass.

EDIT - Just looked it up and Terunofuji, Nishikifuji and Midorifuji are in the official music video for that track haha.

Last edited:
Ochiai and Gonoyama are going to have big time feuds in the top division

Waka bro not playing these Waka games with these Waka hoes.

Kirabiyama's chance at Ozeki comes tomorrow and he's got the lone Ozeki Takakeisho. Big match up.

Terunofuji having none of Hoshoryu today much like Takakeisho slapping down Daieisho's hopes and dreams.

sorry I haven't been following fellas! between the end of the school year and the extended ski season i forgot to pay attention :(

WAR ENHO

sorry I haven't been following fellas! between the end of the school year and the extended ski season i forgot to pay attention :(

WAR ENHO

Enho lost 10 matches straight and then pulled out injured sadly.

Takayasu: Re-enters ring for one day. Dumpsters Abi. Explains nothing. Leaves.
Fantastic throw from Wakabro. God damn.
Hoshoryu is 0-9 against Terunofuji. until he can get even one win, there's no real path for him to ozeki or more, let's be real. He's either too respectful of the fellow mongolian who is a yokozuna to use tricks, or he simply isn't the size yet, cause he just gets bullied out every time.
Let's face it, Teru is just a horrible style matchup for Hoshoryu. Hoshoryu is a very technically skilled belt fighter with lots of tricks up his sleeve, but Teru is stronger, 70 lbs heavier, and quite skilled on the belt as well. He just negates everything Hoshoryu is good at.

I think Teru when he loses is more vulnerable to strong pusher-thrusters' attacks.

Chiyooga got flattened and his leg bent under him in Makushita today, and he immediately yelled in pain. This is the part i hate about sumo, the medical staff are always like "Yeah, we can see you're in absolute agony, so we're gonna roll you to the edge, deal with it" Just go and fucking help the guy, it boils my blood.

Man i cannot wait until Ochiai is in Makuuchi, it's gonna be so fun to see. Hopefully he doesn't get a new Shikona until his promotion.

Gonoyama keeping pace with Ochiai, will one slip up or will they meet again in playoffs. I much preferred when Gonoyama was called Nishikawa, but that's just me.

After losing to Ochiai on Day 1 of the basho, Atamifuji has gone 10-1. You love to see it.

I feel like Ura was probably a Golden Labrador/Retriever in his previous life haha dude never fails to make me laugh.

Midorifuji beats Takayasu two bashos in a row.

Daieisho rolls through Asanoyama like he wasn't even there.

Hoshoryu playing 4D chess while Hokuseiho is playing lego. You. Love. To. See. It!

And that is why i'd hate to see Takakeisho as a Yokozuna, he's completely powerless once his belt is grabbed. That and he has the stamina of a block of cheese.

Terunofuji just a little bit too good for Waka bro.

Tomorrows matches -

Kiribayama (10-2) vs Hokuseiho (8-4)
Terunofuji (11-1) vs Asanoyama (10-2)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RuralAttacker25
Back