• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

SUMO - 2023 Natsu Basho (May 14th - 28th)

Ochiai and Gonoyama still leading the pack in Juryo, and Enho can't buy a win sadly.

Gotta love Kotoeko's little spin for the win at the end there.

Hokuseiho tried to henka Asanoyama... now i've seen everything.

Actual footage of Onosho vs Mitakeumi today -

Midorifuji pulled Daieisho out using his elbow band haha

Hoshoryu flipping people.

Last edited:
hokuseiho forklifting asanoyama after a failed henka is solid content
kotoshoho gave up on his way to the dohyo. that's what it looked like during the match. he was clearly afraid of Terrornofuji.

Last edited:
catching up again!

don't know how he managed to do it, but Kotoeko beating Oho like that was miraculous.

amazing performance by Hokuseiho against Asanoyama.

loved Onosho's win over Mitakeumi as well. read him like a book and the left arm behind the knee was perfect.

gotta love Midorifuji's houdini act against Daieisho too.

and Terunofuji playing it nice and safe too, not overextending at all in that win.

Kawazoe has been struggling to put any weight on his injured ankle all basho, so Yuma kicks him right above the ankle and now he can barely stand. Not a fan.

Anyone know if Enho is injured? He just looks frustrated because nothing is working against anyone.

Kinbozan has tried reaching over his opponent to grab the belt this basho and it's failed every time. He was bound to struggle at the rank.

Abi just goes too hard in all his losses.

Kiribayama beats Daieisho... again.

Told you Meisei was having the basho of his life.

Takakeisho getting blitzed there was shocking.

Hokuseiho is just manhandling dudes.

Meisei with the good win.

Daieisho just can’t get it done against Kiribayama that’s 3 losses against him in a row.

Nishikigi with a great match against Takakeisho. if you can get him moving backwards he really has no strength in his knees to push back, so Nishikigi absorbed the tachiai well and then wasted no time pushing forward.

and Meisei looking excellent. nice movement to keep Terunofuji from getting a good hold on him.

Asanoyama threw a kid out of the ring today
Hokuseiho performing miracles at the edge before forklifting another dude today, dude being Meisei who defeatead the yokozuna yesterday. this kid might have a solid future ahead.
Hell of a match from Teru

Last edited:
Despite his slip up on Day 1, Takerufuji is mauling everyone in Makushita this basho. I said it last basho, he's gives me the same vibe as Kinbozan where i think he's gonna go through the ranks quite quickly.

Ochiai is so strong at the edge, even with a banged up shoulder.

Enho probably in Makushita next basho, sad to see.

Meisei almost had Hokuseiho there.

Oh shit, I hope Waka bro's neck is ok. He took a bit of the weight with his arm but still.

Kinbozan with the regain against Takakeisho. You love to see it.

Great battle of strength between Terunofuji and Kotonowaka, but the Yokozuna comes out on top.

Ochiai's strength is unreal
Terunofuji showing Yokozuna power at the ropes
Hokuseiho continues to one arm dudes.
Asanoyama looking solid still.
Waka bro taking a Waka bump

5 days left, only 2 wins needed for Ozeki Kiribayama

Day 9 - Meisei vs Terunofuji
Day 10 - Meisei vs Hokuseiho
Day 11 - Meisei vs Asanoyama

{<jordan}

Someone at the top realized Meisei was doing well and had to shut it down.

I didn't catch it the first time but it looks like Kiribayama gave Wakabro a Wakakick off the Wakahohyo

Heelbayama incoming

wow, Hokuseiho with a great escape.

great win for Kiribayama against Wakamotoharu as well. great pull on the arm, and yeah i'm not sure what his leg was doing there at the end.

Kinbozan with a big win, albeit over an injured Takakeisho.

loved the match between Terunofuji and Kotonowaka. the young guy made it a good match, and i thought Terunofuji was done for when he started getting pushed back but he did well to fight back.

Hokuseiho has such a crazy style, he gets caught standing sideways with only one arm holding his opponent so often that he must be doing it on purpose. Love to see it.

Wonder what injury Kotoshoho has.

Back