(submissions) Do you think fedor knows....

Well this is an MMA/Striking/Grappling forum so I really am not interested in the context of a street fight. And as for triangles being glam and dangerous. They are probably the third or fourth most common sub pulled off in MMA right there with the RNC, armbar, guillotine, and kimura. I learned them my third day of BJJ class. All chokes not just triangles and gogoplattas can be very dangerous if not done right or by pros. Their chokes. And in MMA there are many instances where a fighter wins by triangle and he is anything but showing off or saying "look at me,I can do this." Its a very legitimate sub.

well in all reality i am not interested in your opinion or stance on my statement. this forum and site for that matter shows opinions and facts and educated perceptions on fighting. i dont think one assisting verb disconnects the purpose of this forum, so you can keep that shit to yourself. next, i have been doing MMA / shootfighting since i was like 11 years old after i was in Kenpo and traditional Mauy Thai 6 years before that and i am 23 now. i know that the sport has progressed to allow fighters of all calibers to compete and that also includes the people training. when BJJ became a part of MMA that is now a held up high kind of standing and training level for the sport, it still had very few people capable of using the techniques. now with UFC and KOTC and shit promoting very dangerous moves and wrestling variations as submissions the sport is a lot more dangerous. and i do feel sorry for you that your trainer is that shitty to teach you a T-Choke 3 days after you start. that is usually a pretty high up there kind of move. when i teach people submissions they dont learn shit other than a natural choke (RNC) and a t armbar for the first 2 weeks. you have to complete the basics and be able to do it with your eyes closed and a broken nose to be able to get it while your mouth is closed to be good at it, and that is where we teach our students. so maybe you should find a more reputable gym.

VF HxC,

All your posts in this thread are full of shit. I can guarantee you that not a single person here is taking you seriously.

VF HxC,

All your posts in this thread are full of shit. I can guarantee you that not a single person here is taking you seriously.

good for them, and you posting on a forum makes your fighting ability credible...? doubtful. so take your stupid shit remarks and promptly replace them where you pulled them from. ;)

good for them, and you posting on a forum makes your fighting ability credible...? doubtful. so take your stupid shit remarks and promptly replace them where you pulled them from. ;)

oh...my...god!!! are you 12?

VF HxC, apparently your gym in unbelievably awesome. Would you mind telling us the name and/or website so I can look into training there. Thanks.

Dude is full of shit. Ignore the little skinhead and he will go away.

VF HxC, apparently your gym in unbelievably awesome. Would you mind telling us the name and/or website so I can look into training there. Thanks.

just go to any ISFA gym. they all have pretty much the same training regiment.

fedor knows the kimura also-- as randlemen and hunt found out

fedor prefers gnp

you know I don't think fedor has ever seen the triangle choke. I think the TS should show him.

Check this out
http://www.submissions101.com/eddiebravo17.htm
In it, Eddie talks about why most Black belts Don't use rubber guard or twister side control. It's not that they don't know about it, it's just that the rest of their game is so good that it doesn't become a part of their "bag of tricks". I'm sure that it probably applies to Fedor as well. He is probably well aware of those moves, but the rest of his techniques are like second nature, so he doesn't use the "new stuff".

I am sure his trainers know. He is not an idiot.

if i saw fedor finish someone with a gogoplata i would cream my pants, that would be so epic. but yea sambo is mostly about joint locks and simple chokes, like RNC. I'm sure he knows all those subs but i doubt he wastes his time practicing them.

Back