(submissions) Do you think fedor knows....

they have everything and more in combat sambo, you should check it out.

Fedor is also nasty at Judo, no? I'm sure they taught him "sankaku jime" at some point.

yah thats true he never attempts those subs. but he maybe has the best armbar in all of mma, and why fix something that isn't broke, hes gotten as far as he has with armbars and simple, he need the triangle in his arsenal and its also slightly harder to finish a triangle than it is a armbar, armbar is more of a flash quick pain in the elbow and it causes fighter to tap quicker, triangles take time and fighters fight them for long periods of time often before tapping because its a bloodchoke and that isnt painfull

Sambo is all about locks. Chokes are used, but the locks are where the fancy is.

fedor only does submissions to avoid breaking his fist on peoples face. true story.

Fedor is also nasty at Judo, no? I'm sure they taught him "sankaku jime" at some point.

Sambo incorporates aspects of judo if I recall correctly. It's a pretty badass martial art, but you cant count on sport sambo to cover everything, well, not for sport thats for sure.

I think Fedor probably knows just about every submission... it's just a matter of which he uses.

When you're that good and your life is about fighting, I'm sure you'd study every possible thing to improve your game and know your opponents.

I think Fedor probably knows just about every submission... it's just a matter of which he uses.

When you're that good and your life is about fighting, I'm sure you'd study every possible thing to improve your game and know your opponents.

he likes to reverse and get on top rather than submit from the bottom. its like matt hughes submitting from the back... sure he knows them, but its just not his game

i train sambo and I can tell you that no one does them. Ive tried them before because ive seen them done but its easier to hit an armbar then a gogo or omo plata those are obscure. sambo has alot of other cool moves that you never see people use because no one in the states trains in it.

I used to train with a Sambo badass. A guy named Steven who used to teach Sambo to Russians, in Russia. I think he was the head of the USSA. He has a shitload of vids on youtube also,

I dont think that people dont use those moves because they arent known, but because ALOT of sambo moves are very very intricate, and have more motions than the basic mma submissions and even bjj subs.

That being said, some of those moves blew my fucking doors off. It was like learning BJJ all over again, with emphasis, of course, on leg locks, bicep and calf crushers. Those moves are great to have in your arsenal, but can rarely be used in MMA.

One question I had was........how well would Fedor do in a straight up BJJ match, wearing a gi, against a guy like Rickson. He wouldnt win on points for sure, but could he avoid the sub?

he likes to reverse and get on top rather than submit from the bottom. its like matt hughes submitting from the back... sure he knows them, but its just not his game

Didnt he submit Coleman and Hong Man Choi from the bottom?

He goes for arm bars off his back all the time, or works to set them up.

He doesn't need them, nor is it as easy for a stubby little chubby russian to slap on a gogo or triangle. It's one things for Imes too, not quite as easy with stubby little tree trunkish chubs!

I like his combat Sambo
I think its the best base for an MMA fighter in the sense that he learns take downs, subs, and some striking all in One package. So he has been trained to use them all together insted of learning Striking, then going to your BJJ coach, then trying to learn to somehow put them together.
I think thats why he is so good at punching and throwing right after the other.
I could be wrong, but to me I think MORE MMA fighters should look into Combat Sambo, especially as the base for your fighting skill.

Does he know the Boston Crab?

hmm sharpshooter i heard he learned in 97 while training with the Hearts only later to learn the STone cold stunner with Auston the following month so im sure he knows a simple move like teh boston crab.:redface:

im so bored wheres all teh good fight talk?

there's no choke in sambo while there's variety of choke in judo.fedor trains in both of them

i train sambo and I can tell you that no one does them. Ive tried them before because ive seen them done but its easier to hit an armbar then a gogo or omo plata those are obscure. sambo has alot of other cool moves that you never see people use because no one in the states trains in it.

True, i have a friend in the army and he trained under Oleg Taktarov for a year and he showed me some crazy Sambo moves. He also said Oleg was tough as nails and seeing him fight, sometimes 2 at once was awesome. He had nuthin but good things to say about The Russian Bear, what a respectful and standup guy he was.

Back