(submissions) Do you think fedor knows....

hmm sharpshooter i heard he learned in 97 while training with the Hearts only later to learn the STone cold stunner with Auston the following month so im sure he knows a simple move like teh boston crab.:redface:

im so bored wheres all teh good fight talk?

I also heard he taught Brock the f5!

no, the best mma fighter in the world doesn't know what a triangle choke is. Should I slap you?

there are so many different names for shit nowadays. like when i was fighting, a "rear naked choke" was a natural choke. a darce choke was a alligator roll, and nobody really did triangle chokes and gogos. that shit is too flashy and not very practical. i have put people in both gogoplatas and triangle chokes, but it isnt worth the risk when you can just put someone in a t-armbar. i guranfuckingtee that Fedor knows these moves, and i also guaranfuckingtee that he chooses not to implement them because they are for show off douche bags.

You need to very flexible to pull a gogoplata out. 99% of BBJ guys in my club don't bother trying gogoplatas because they dont have gumby guards. Fedor would never be able to pull a gogoplata it's just not his body type. I'm sure he knows what one is though.

Lol i can promise you fedor is well versed in pretty much all subs, just because he doesn't pull off gogo's or lat chokes doesn't mean he doesn't know them or knows how to defend them. I can guarantee you he implements bjj in his fight game he would be crazy not to.

are you asking whether he even knows what they are? or are you asking whether he knows how to do them?

either way it's a pretty dumb question seeing as he's generally recognized as the best fighter in the world. i mean, shit this is just a board of fans and i bet 99.9% of us know what they are and how to do them. not well mind you, but 2mins with a bjj picture book and you'd have a pretty good idea. and we're talking about Fedor here. so yea, dumb question.

Moves like the triangle choke and gogoplata and shit, do they teach these kind of hold's in sambo, or is it a purely BJJ thing? i was wondering because every series of TUF you see some average ass fighter pull them off but iv yet to see Fedor do anything like that, and while he always wins anyway, they are effective when your on your back.

BTW i realize that with his ground game he could probably pick them up pretty fuckin fast, im just wondering if he already knows them because of his sambo background.

the way he avoided nogs triangles so easily, i guarantee you he studies them, atleast defensively.

Does he know the Boston Crab?

Problably

object>

As for triangle chokes and what not, Fedor has never done them or attempted them but he has said that they've studied Nog's BJJ moves in order to block all his subs.

there are so many different names for shit nowadays. like when i was fighting, a "rear naked choke" was a natural choke. a darce choke was a alligator roll, and nobody really did triangle chokes and gogos. that shit is too flashy and not very practical. i have put people in both gogoplatas and triangle chokes, but it isnt worth the risk when you can just put someone in a t-armbar. i guranfuckingtee that Fedor knows these moves, and i also guaranfuckingtee that he chooses not to implement them because they are for show off douche bags.

Can you please tell me what about a triangle choke is flashy and unpractical?

rolling with people that train judo and sambo is crazy, they have the strongest core/hips of anyone ever. I'm a pretty damn good wrestler, and I couldn't hold down a black belt in judo, it was like trying to hold down a chimp on cocaine. And to answer your question I've never seen a sambo guy try a triangle, their hips are so strong they really don't need it.

fedor probably knows about that shit but just doesnt need to use it

Does he know the Boston Crab?

Fedor tought "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair the figure four leg lock, back in the days when he was jabbing too fast and created a warp hole back to 1950's... I'm pretty sure he knows some gogo's and triangles as well.

HAHAHAHA!

His armbars are so slick, he doesn't need anything else.

People know they're coming, but even top fighters can't seem to avoid Fedor's armbars...

they doesn't work good in mma gogo and homo as for triangle he doesn't really like to be in hes back

Moves like the triangle choke and gogoplata and shit, do they teach these kind of hold's in sambo, or is it a purely BJJ thing? i was wondering because every series of TUF you see some average ass fighter pull them off but iv yet to see Fedor do anything like that, and while he always wins anyway, they are effective when your on your back.

BTW i realize that with his ground game he could probably pick them up pretty fuckin fast, im just wondering if he already knows them because of his sambo background.

I think he knows them, of course, he has a good defense against them:D

Anyways for big guys with short legs is tough to land one of those, unless the other guy sucks. To do a nice set up on the triangle you need to spend a lot of time on your back, plus long skinny legs help a lot. And Fedor doesn't look like he trains on the bottom, he's always on top :D
He's amazing with armbars from the bottom though, I think the fastest on the heavyweights.

I'm sure Fedor knows all submissions its just that he is just too quick and simply a master at executing an arm bar.

Wasnt Fedor on the russian team for judo before he started sambo? Im pretty sure the guy knows about triangles. Id expect with his experience in mma he knows about gogoplattas to.

Back