STRONG documentary (DeFranco)

it seems like something made for a mainstream audience as opposed to something made for hardcore lifters.

the funny thing is that hardcore lifters are probably the only ones who would even know about this documentary, let alone buy it.

big let down imo..5/10

needed more training footage and more 'conclusion' on some of the stories. what happened to the wrestler kid? how did he progress in the gym? all they said was he started winning some matches. wtf?

what happened to the rugby guys? how much did they improve in 1 summer? can they compete with the football guys now in terms of S&C? what happeend to the boxing kid? how is his training helping him?

I expected a cool hardcore documentary that I could watch before going to the gym to get me pumped up but instead its some emo sob fest about a bunch of guys and their 'struggles' to get to the gym because they live so far

it seems like something made for a mainstream audience as opposed to something made for hardcore lifters.

the funny thing is that hardcore lifters are probably the only ones who would even know about this documentary, let alone buy it.

big let down imo..5/10

needed more training footage and more 'conclusion' on some of the stories. what happened to the wrestler kid? how did he progress in the gym? all they said was he started winning some matches. wtf?

what happened to the rugby guys? how much did they improve in 1 summer? can they compete with the football guys now in terms of S&C? what happeend to the boxing kid? how is his training helping him?

I expected a cool hardcore documentary that I could watch before going to the gym to get me pumped up but instead its some emo sob fest about a bunch of guys and their 'struggles' to get to the gym because they live so far

ha ha ha perfect fucking summary of it

still thought it was "ok", nothign more, nothing less

I agree with Vince89. It was ok but I was expecting more...especially watching the previews and shit.

Actually, for me, the worst part was during the whole movie they kept talking about how hardcore these people were. "Oh, I won't ever give up. DeFranco's makes you work in ways you never even thought of", blah blah. You never really get to see them actually do it though.

I remember back in the day I watched these bodybuilding doc's like Coleman's training regime leading to Mr Olympia. Even though it was body building, you got to see everything he did. His crazy gym sessions, the fact that he ate more chicken fingers and french fries than I thought humanly possible. I was expecting that + lifts/training that are actually relevant to me.

I don't know if my g/f screwed up ordering it, or if they screwed up in packing, but mine came yesterday and I got 2 copies. Anyone want the extra?

Why does fucking Meagvideo not work for me? Fuck!

It was alright. I thought it would be better. The lack of training footage kinda killed it for me.

yah wasn't too sure of the policies bout that but guess its a no no

it seems the overall concensus is that it was a letdown....hmmm
I was gunna buy it based on the trailers but now im not sure. I honestly love Defranco's approach to training. The team mentality is amazing....kinda sad that this movie doesnt seem to be all it was cracked up to be.

Do not buy it. Def not worth it at all.

Yes I tried to watch it a second time... Didnt pump me up at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back