Stretch marks

S

SixTwoSix

Anyone get stretch marks? I've been trying to bulk up and been lifting for a couple months or so and I'm starting to get them on my upper legs, arms, and side of my ass.

Sign of success, doing something wrong, or just part of the process?

And sorry if this is the wrong forum, I didn't see a stretch mark forum.

sign of you getting fat. lean out a little

sign of you getting fat. lean out a little

You're either sarcastic or stupid. I'll go with the latter. Maybe if you actually lifted weights you would know that stretch marks can result from more than fat gain.

I'm 6' tall 145 pounds ish, haven't weighed myself in a while. Hardly fat.

I would take the stretch marks as a sign of muscle gain...as your height-to-weight ratio rules out the stretch marks from fat gain.

Take it as a sign your program is working.

You're either sarcastic or stupid. I'll go with the latter. Maybe if you actually lifted weights you would know that stretch marks can result from more than fat gain.

I would take the stretch marks as a sign of muscle gain...as your height-to-weight ratio rules out the stretch marks from fat gain.

Take it as a sign your program is working.

:icon_chee

Thanks.

I've got some wicked ones on the front and back of my shoulders and around my legs. They've mostly faded out, I first got them between my freshman and sophmore year of high school when I went from 150 to 200 pounds. And safety to outside linebacker, lol. I was lineman by my junior year.

If you're worried about their appearance, use some cocoa butter, it'll help your skin be more supple.

Once you start using cocoa butter, let us all know :wink:

If you're worried about their appearance, use some cocoa butter, it'll help your skin be more supple.

That advice would be weird from anyone else but you... well maybe zop

Haha nah I'm not concerned about the appearance of them too much, most of them (on my ass and upper thighs) are in a place that people don't see 95% of the time.

i just got them now that ive been losing weight. on my upper arms and inner thighs. i dont like them though. icky. i'm not sure why it didnt happen the whole year i was training or the 50lbs i gained of fat.

my anatomy teacher told that strech marks can be from going to heavy with weights to fast, she is also a personal trainer. I don't know if this is true or not. Im pretty sure I got mine from putting on 20 pounds qiuck, but I was also lifting really heavy, so I don't know.

Haha nah I'm not concerned about the appearance of them too much, most of them (on my ass and upper thighs) are in a place that people don't see 95% of the time.

The squats are working. Awesome.

I haven't gotten any from training, but I did suddenly get stretch marks on the upper inside of my thighs (near groin) and on my lower back at some point in my teens. I just suddenly noticed it, and it still irritates me (not the prettiest thing in the world).

I haven't gotten any from training, but I did suddenly get stretch marks on the upper inside of my thighs (near groin) and on my lower back at some point in my teens. I just suddenly noticed it, and it still irritates me (not the prettiest thing in the world).

Just be glad they aren't in a really noticeable area like chest or shoulders.

Ha, yeah. I figured I could throw in my 2 cents here. Zop's taking notes I'm sure :wink:

Notes on stretch marks!?!? Psshh I'm master of this topic.

I have not met a living being that has more stretch marks then me. I have stretch marks on both my shoulders they start from the tip of the armpit and radiate out in all directions. Almost reaching my triceps and collar bone. I have stretch marks on my sides around the rib area to the side and above the stomach. Next are the hips I have some on my hips around the belt area. On the sides of my but like Donut. I have so many stretch marks on the sides of my butt I almost look like a zebra. Then I have some on my knees. Right above the kneecap. I'm probably forgetting some parts.

I have to go now, I'll post solutions and methods when I come back tonight.

I have them on both shoulders, arms, part of my back. I've been starting to use Cocoa butter and its working on my arms still no result on my shoulders witch are pissing me off quite a bit.

Does it embarrass you guys when you fight?

So shoulders and inside thighs seem to be the most common places, thats where mine are

I've tried cocoa butter before. For a long period of time it was my main lotion. It never seemed to work for me. Maybe my stretch marks would be worse if I didn't use it.

Now stretch marks happen in the layer under the skin. The way most stretch mark medications work is by keeping blood flow moving in the area under the skin. Thats why massaging the stretch marked area with cream constantly will help. People have also used Vicks Vaporub with some amount of effectiveness. I've never tried it. I'm just going to live with them. The only options I realistically have is to pay for some expensive cream strivectin or some shit or do lazer.

Back