Strength training for the puny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mylatest PR is being able to touch my finger tips to the palm of my hand, my finger movment is much improved, but my wrist is still very inflexible.

I can now close my hand entirely, finger movement much improved, wrist mobility improving slowly.

Saturday:

BW lower body and core training; various split squats, lunges, bridges, prone hypers, and sit up variations.

Sunday:

5 minute walk to park, 10.5 minutes at 7 minute mile pace, 5 minute walk home. Easing back into training, haven't done anything consistent in over a month and a half.

good to hear you're slowly getting better. Patience is key I think. In few months I have no doubt you'll be at it full force.

Wrist is much improved, can do most everyday tasks with it, still has very limited ROM but I'm happy with the rate at which it's healing. The trick now is not to go doing anything stupid, unfortunately I'm an expert at that and patience is not exactly my strong suit.

Lot's of grip training for right hand, been closing my #3 from a parallel choke, can't set grippers at the moment, and working on a no set 2.5 close, pretty close will film when accomplished.

Training: fuck all

No, seriously I've done absolutely fuck all in the last few days, just can't be bothered, running always feels like a chore and right now I couldn't care any less if i tried, I've even slacked on my grip work.

This shit's getting me down.

Lot's of progress with my wrist, much stronger and a fair bit more mobile, still nowhere near lfting properly but hoping for a mid january start.

This log will be closing once I start lifting again - ideas for new log titles welcome.

hmmmm, im not good with titles...look at mine.

hope to see a comeback smash nuts. we should start a comp or something. oly?

hmmmm, im not good with titles...look at mine.

hope to see a comeback smash nuts. we should start a comp or something. oly?

Yeah cos oly lifting is the first thing I'll be doing once my wrist starts to heal...

No competitions will be entered into until I'm 100% back to normal, I'm resetting all PRs to zero once I come back to lifting, no reason to look at what I've done, except as a possible future standard, I'm progressing from stage one again.

Interesting side note: My manager at GNC has now started lifting properly and will soon be training with me, hopefully I can get him into the S&P standard of thinking and training.

Yet more progress on wrist, now started very light (2.5lb) wrist roller work as part of my rehab.

wrist injurys blow hard...I feel lame when I can't do grip work, and I know you do alot of gripwork too...are you going to be able to do while still recovering, aside from heavy levering and wrist stuff...

I'm doing a lot of gripper work with my right (good) hand at the moment, unfortunately it's having to be done from a choker for my #3 work as I can't set a gripper right now. I'm also progressing towards a TNS 2.5 close as well, can no-set it much more consistently now and with a bit mor work will hopefully be ready in montyh or two to film a TNS close.

ohhh i didnt know you were going to be such a bitch about it.....

hahaha, just messing with ya man. good luck.

I did 5 pressups the other day, my wrist is healing woohoo.

I also got some IMTUGs, really like them.

Still can't decide on a title for the new log.

Hello ... hello ... hello ... hello ... hello

Ah well this log ceased to be of much interest from June onwards and I'll be kind of glad to start afresh.

Anyways, tomorrow I go see my surgeon and he'll be telling me when I can start lifting; my wrist has been making very rapid progress and I'm hoping that, if he gives me the go ahead, I'll be back in the gym on wednesday. Unfortunately that would still be on a very limted basis (nothing anywhere near a 1RM, no straight bar bench, no low bar squats, would also be starting weighted rehab of the back injury from october so that would also be a limiting factor). We'll see tomorrow.

Good luck Smashy! I miss your ripping/crushing/tearing/bending things videos.

Smashius walks out into his garden.

"Here log, here boy, come here log" he shouts, His log comes running over, or at least tries to, the log has become old and frail, it's eye's cloudy and it's movements laboured. "Good boy, who's a good log? Huh? You're a good log, yes you are."

The log notices the shotgun held by Smashius' leg and wonders why his master has brought that thing into the garden. Smashius crouches down by the log. "You've been a god boy and I'm really going to miss you, but it's better this way".

He stands up and levels the shotgun at the still uncomprehending log. His finger tightens on the trigger and then, it's over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back