Stop hating on old great fighters for not being active

Danas_right

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
GSP was smart. He's gonna go down as one of the goats. Has his health. Jon jones is just as smart.

Guess what guys? If you keep fighting long enough father time will get you and you'll lose. I know you guys just want to see everyone end up w brain damage and lose so you can say they suck but all fighters who retire before father time gets them are intelligent

GSP was smart. He's gonna go down as one of the goats. Has his health. Jon jones is just as smart.

Guess what guys? If you keep fighting long enough father time will get you and you'll lose. I know you guys just want to see everyone end up w brain damage and lose so you can say they suck but all fighters who retire before father time gets them are intelligent
It's one thing to relinquish the title and step aside like GSP, it's another thing to not fight or get suspended but holding on to the title.

Most of us don't think less of Fedor or Anderson when they lost in the twilight of their careers. They went out and gave it all without the fear of losing

Lol, Jones is not just hated for his recent inactivity. Guy has been an absolute shit show over the years due to cheating and criminal behavior.

Stripped more than once, suspended more than once, and even his latest gap of activity as he waited to move up to heavyweight was sus.

Half of his inactivity has been due to suspensions, and now the division is clogged up after a one and done, with him cherry picking a fight that literally no one cares about.

It's OK gsp himself admitted he was scared and didn't have that fire inside him to fight anymore.

Jones on the other hand wants to front like he didn't just waste many years of his prime for no good reason other than sandbagging titles and status.

Can't respect that , I'll take an Anderson over both in that regard any day even if he lost. He still won in boxing afterwards. I'll remember him as more of a warrior

It's OK gsp himself admitted he was scared and didn't have that fire inside him to fight anymore.

Jones on the other hand wants to front like he didn't just waste many years of his prime for no good reason other than sandbagging titles and status.

Can't respect that , I'll take an Anderson over both in that regard any day even if he lost. He still won in boxing afterwards. I'll remember him as more of a warrior
OK but that sort of perspective doesn't account for the well-being of the fighters you'll have to admit.

I would be fine with people questioning my warrior spirit if it meant the rest of my life was better; especially if I had all the security I needed. The idea that someone out there thought I was less of a warrior wouldn't make it worth it to be a wreck in my old age.

This is not only true of neurological damage, but also bodily injuries since you injure more easily with age, and those injuries will hurt when you get older (and cause you to forget things).

Last edited:
People are mostly just hating on Jones because he beat all their favorite fighters and because his greatness is threatening.

They desperately wanna see him lose. Look how they clinged to Cyril Gane and now Aspinall. Jones beat 3 generations of fighters and now suddenly the next one is the one that will SURELY dethrone him. <Lmaoo>
The fact they don't understand is this: Even if he loses now, it changes nothing about his greatness. No loss can take away achievements and heights that will not be reached again until hundreds of years have passed. Jones is a grandpa in this game at this point.

It's interesting watching the UFC go from talking shit about boxing to becoming exactly everything about boxing that they used to talk shit about.

- protected fighters
- protected records
- rank squatting
- judging controversies
- failing to make the big fights when the fans want them
- blatant ducking of contenders for "money fights" that screw over divisions and by the time they happen aren't really even interesting anymore

People are mostly just hating on Jones because he beat all their favorite fighters and because his greatness is threatening.

They desperately wanna see him lose. Look how they clinged to Cyril Gane and now Aspinall. Jones beat 3 generations of fighters and now suddenly the next one is the one that will SURELY dethrone him. <Lmaoo>
The fact they don't understand is this: Even if he loses now, it changes nothing about his greatness. No loss can take away achievements and heights that will not be reached again until hundreds of years have passed.

Nor will any revisionisms by his remaining fans change the giant, permanent ** next to most of his pico pulsing career. Lol

I'll take an Anderson over both in that regard any day even if he lost. He still won in boxing afterwards. I'll remember him as more of a warrior

And as much as I like Jones as a fighter, this is also the truth. Not being scared of losses and seeking evermore challenges is exactly within the spirit of MMA and is and should be held in high regard.

Izzy only got shat on for losing to Blachowicz, when really we should've praised him for trying.

Last edited:
No.

I’ll be upset about Ken Shamrock not being on the UFC roster if I want to be.

Nor will any revisionisms by his remaining fans change the giant, permanent ** next to most of his pico pulsing career. Lol

You know very well he had haters before the very obvious juicing incidents. You, if I'm not mistaken, didn't like him long before he popped?
People were salty as fuck when he beat all the LHW greats. Including me. And his smug attitude and jesus bullshit.

I just accepted that everyone in this game juices, at least in my opinion, and got around to appreciating his fight IQ and greatness.
I understand completely if juicing is a no-no for other users here though.

I'll hate whoever I want whenever I want.

Yeah GSP and Jones are sneaky bastards, their real strength comes from their high intelligence
For example Conor is nice example of great talent but low intelligence

You know very well he had haters before the very obvious juicing incidents. You, if I'm not mistaken, didn't like him long before he popped?
People were salty as fuck when he beat all the LHW greats. Including me. And his smug attitude and jesus bullshit.

I just accepted that everyone in this game juices, at least in my opinion, and got around to appreciating his fight IQ and greatness.
I understand completely if juicing is a no-no for other users here though.
Actually no, early on I loved Jones, in his initial rise to the top.

It wasn't until he started having DUI's and run ins with the law that I first started to back away from him.

Then the constant drug fails, eye pokes and dirty tactics.

Then the multiple suspensions and failed drug tests made me not care to see him gone.

But his initial rise, I liked him back then.

OK but that sort of perspective doesn't account for the well-being of the fighters you'll have to admit.

I would be fine with people questioning my warrior spirit if it meant the rest of my life was better; especially if I had all the security I needed. The idea that someone out there thought I was less of a warrior wouldn't make it worth it to be a wreck in my old age.

This is not only true of neurological damage, but also bodily injuries since you injure more easily with age, and those injuries will hurt when you get older (and cause you to forget things).
You're right it doesn't. That life is hard and unfortunately they will all end up with some amount of cte, the semantics of how much really isn't my concern because I didn't obligate them into fighting for a living. I can empathize to a certain degree but they chose the way of the warrior and as a pride fan, a fan of Japanese warrior spirit...this is my opinion.

Gsp was graceful and honest enough whe. He left but I feel jones is sandbagging and career padding. Can't respect that.

Nah, the context is totally wrong, you may not know a lot. So GSP didn't have the belt, he was not holding up the division, he relinquished the belt and gave it back immediately. The issue people have is people holding the belt and holding up the division and not fighting.

A lot of us are sick and tired of these UFC HW title fights once every 18 months, just fight or go away. Your GSP argument is wrong I'm afraid, never held on to the belt and wasted so much time and let the division rot

Actually no, early on I loved Jones, in his initial rise to the top.

It wasn't until he started having DUI's and run ins with the law that I first started to back away from him.

Then the constant drug fails, eye pokes and dirty tactics.

Then the multiple suspensions and failed drug tests made me not care to see him gone.

But his initial rise, I liked him back then.
Yeah I admit even as a big Shogun fan I was pretty positive about Jones at the point he became champ but then the pattern of cheating in the ring started to become more obvious, the asshole behaviour outside the cage, the PEDs and then ducking comp whilst claiming to be the GOAT.

He's not even been that fun to watch for much of his career either, he became quite a dull decision fighter if left to his own devices.

Back