Stipe on DC trilogy: "Dana lies a lot, I'll put a clinic on Ngannou again"

who gives a fuck jon jones does it and is praised dc does it and is hated because he is tubby. fuck that noise

Jones has not done anything of the sort since they made changes to the rules. DC is trying to end careers with his thumbs. Stipe Had to have surgery and is on the shelf because of it. Why the fuck should he ever face him ever again?

Glad DC isn’t getting a rematch, he wasn’t some dominant champion and there was zero controversy in the last fight.

Stipe isn't a dominant champ either. Got knocked the fuck out by a guy who got obese just to fight at HW. Plus, lost every round until figured out a way of beating DC, which byw was showing no respect towards Stipe and that was part of the reason he lost. As we saw in the first 3 rounds, DC is good enough to outstrike and outgrapple Stipe. It's just a matter of respecting his opponent a little more and making some adjustments.

how about deteriorating head movement? if fatso Cormier was touching him like nobody's business it's not that much of a stretch to think giant professional punching machine Francis can't sleep him. and like i said, his head movement against Ngannou the first time was insane, but he has never displayed that head movement before or since. can he recreate it? sure. but would you blame someone for thinking that was a fluke happening and that he won't? you shouldn't since the evidence shows he only did that in 1 fight in his entire career.
Cormier has deceivingly fast hands and way better technique than francis, or most heavyweights for that matter.

Stipe is still fantastic defensively. Let’s not sleep on cormier here

Stipe isn't a dominant champ either. Got knocked the fuck out by a guy who got obese just to fight at HW. Plus, lost every round until figured out a way of beating DC, which byw was showing no respect towards Stipe and that was part of the reason he lost. As we saw in the first 3 rounds, DC is good enough to outstrike and outgrapple Stipe. It's just a matter of respecting his opponent a little more and making some adjustments.
Why are people still repeating the lie that stipe lost every round prior to the TKO? He won the third. Knocked him out in the fourth.

the fight would’ve been tied going into 5 and it seems likely stipe would’ve won the decision given this info and the trajectory of the fight

Why are people still repeating the lie that stipe lost every round prior to the TKO? He won the third. Knocked him out in the fourth.

the fight would’ve been tied going into 5 and it seems likely stipe would’ve won the decision given this info and the trajectory of the fight

DC landed more significant strikes during round 3. One of the judges also gave him round 3. The other two judges misjudged the round. DC is a better fighter than Stipe by far and deserves the rematch. You can argue that a guy who got knocked the fuck out by an unranked HW doesn't deserve any rematch at all, but he still got his rematch, so he should return the favour. The only thing DC needs to beat Stipe is to pull back a little bit and respect his opponent more. DC fought without a care in the world because he felt Stipe was no match for him. He just needs to change his approach and he can get the win.

DC landed more significant strikes during round 3. One of the judges also gave him round 3. The other two judges misjudged the round. DC is a better fighter than Stipe by far and deserves the rematch. You can argue that a guy who got knocked the fuck out by an unranked HW doesn't deserve any rematch at all, but he still got his rematch, so he should return the favour. The only thing DC needs to beat Stipe is to pull back a little bit and respect his opponent more. DC fought without a care in the world because he felt Stipe was no match for him. He just needs to change his approach and he can get the win.
Stipe is easily a more skilled, smarter and tougher fighter than DC. DC was gifted the LHW title and a HW title shot. He also cheated his way to a win in the first stipe fight.

Good day sir.

Stipe is easily a more skilled, smarter and tougher fighter than DC. DC was gifted the LHW title and a HW title shot. He also cheated his way to a win in the first stipe fight.

Good day sir.

Wrong. You don't lose 3 rounds straight to a shorter, naturally smaller and older man when you're more skilled. The fact that Stipe has several very significant physical advantages over DC and still gets KTFO and then beaten for 3 rounds tells you who really is the more skilled man. DC landed 50 more SIGNIFICANT strikes than Stipe. That tells you who is the better striker. DC slammed Stipe and didn't let him get up. That tells you is the better grappler. The only reason Stipe won is exactly because DC is so much better than him. That's right. DC being better is the reason Stipe won. DC was so much better that he made stupid mistakes due the feel that the man he had in front of him had nothing to offer. The thing is: DC can change his strategy. Make adjustments. Stipe can't develop better skills than DC.

Wrong. You don't lose 3 rounds straight to a shorter, naturally smaller and older man when you're more skilled. The fact that Stipe has several very significant physical advantages over DC and still gets KTFO and then beaten for 3 rounds tells you who really is the more skilled man. DC landed 50 more SIGNIFICANT strikes than Stipe. That tells you who is the better striker. DC slammed Stipe and didn't let him get up. That tells you is the better grappler. The only reason Stipe won is exactly because DC is so much better than him. That's right. DC being better is the reason Stipe won. DC was so much better that he made stupid mistakes due the feel that the man he had in front of him had nothing to offer. The thing is: DC can change his strategy. Make adjustments. Stipe can't develop better skills than DC.
He didn’t lose three rounds straight to dc, and thus I didn’t continue reading your post past that false statement

Edit: I kept reading after all and you said dc didn’t let stipe up, except stipe did get up and actually won the takedown battle with Cormier lol stupid x2

Just like he slept him in the first fight?
b89735b1dcee53b887a5a30a2d12fb8e

Did you not watch the fight though?

Stipe was on the fence until he began panic wrestling.

HARDLY a clinic.

Did you not watch the fight though?

Stipe was on the fence until he began panic wrestling.

HARDLY a clinic.
Stipe won every single round easily and won the fight 50-44 at absolute minimum

(All ringside judges scored the fight 50-44 and some media scored it 50-43. A few even scored it 50-42. As big a blowout as a decision can be)

Happy to hear he's healing up, but the video being shot form only one side of his face concerns me. Just a coincidence of questions coming from there or was it deliberate to angle the face away?

Eye injuries are fucking scary.

Stipe won every single round easily and won the fight 50-44 at absolute minimum

(All ringside judges scored the fight 50-44 and some media scored it 50-43. A few even scored it 50-42. As big a blowout as a decision can be)

The actual stats say he did more in round 3 than Stipe.

Oh yeah, you're right, he did get up in the last second after getting taken down and hammered in the head for a few minutes. If that's "winning the takedown battle", ok.

I love Bukowski, but that's just a reworded Bertrand Russell quote and nobody can find anywhere that Bukowski ever said it, and certainly never wrote it in any of his work.

Thanks, I didn't know about Russell.
From what I see, Bukovski said something similar in an interview. He was talking only about writers, though.
https://quoteinvestigator.com/2015/03/04/self-doubt/#more-10737

only time will tell who is who.

I didn't say he will surely gas.
I said "if he doesn't gas". Like he did in the first fight.
So, no, time will not tell who is who. Because I didn't say he will gas.
After that lousy performance vs Lewis, he had 3 fast finishes.
So we don't know anything about his gas tank, if he improved it or not.
He might be better or might be the same. Or maybe worse.

He wont come in out of shape like the last time

Another confident person.
Bet the house on him!
Make a loan and bet that too.

Ngannou is waay bigger than Stipe.

Stipe wins most of the time, but size matters.

Hard fight to pick for me, Stipe beat him clearly the first time around but he did no damage. Stipe will probably have to fight perfect for 5 rounds while Francis can change the fight in a second. Stipe is getting older and i dont think his chin is gone but he is 37 and over his career he has taken more damage. Also Francis showed TDD against Blaydes. I think Stipe wins but really could see it going either way.

Ngannou was done after one round. Stipe still could not put him away aand looked worse for wear after the fight. A measured francis will tko him and ill bet money on this.

Stripe sounds like the iceman.

Their voices are virtually identical.

Back