*Stipe Miocic Vs Jon Jones: Who gets it?*

DC beats Stipe
Stipe beats Jones
Jones beats DC

MMAth is a colossal mindfuck.

Jones avoids punches and is really good, great at negating his opponents power.

How about this? When has Jones eaten a full power shot?

He's taken some decent shots. For example Evans hit him with a decent leg kick to the head and a overhand right. Jones has 12 fights over a 7 year period where he fought extremely high level competition. It's a simple litmus test...do you really think you can have a suspect chin and survive that many fights at a high level even if you are great at negating opponents power? He's not playing god mode where no one is hitting him really hard.

Screen Shot 2018-07-04 at 6.38.32 PM copy.jpg Screen Shot 2018-07-04 at 6.48.14 PM copy.jpg

jonjonesgustafssoncover.jpg

Assuming the TS is talking about the present:

I would have a bad feeling if I were a Jon jones fan, simply because he refused to call Stipe out & after he popped said he is staying at LHW.

What does that subcommunicate?

Stipe doesn't move as well as Gus, hes more powerful but more flat footed.

Jones uses his reach, oblique kicks, eye pokes to keep Stipe off him and then wrestles the shit out of him when Stipe inevitably gasses. Stipe has gassed in every fight that went to the championship rounds while Jon has NEVER gassed in a fight.

Jones via 4th rd sub

I wish Jones had your confidence in himself. It would be interesting to see how he'd do in the big leagues.

Since Jones doesn't think he can be champion at HW, neither do I. I'll take Stipe.

Stipe would wreck Jones

Is this even a serious question?

Stipe would wreck Jones

Is this even a serious question?

You're acting like he said Robbie Lawler vs Stipe. They’re the same weight and Jones is the best fighter to walk the earth so its going to be competitive.

Personally I think jones stays away from him for 3 rounds and just kicks him in the knee 100 times before cage grinding him à la St Preux, Stipe’s cardio didnt look great against Francis. Or Stipe could catch him with a one two. Who knows

Stipe doesn't move as well as Gus, hes more powerful but more flat footed.

Jones uses his reach, oblique kicks, eye pokes to keep Stipe off him and then wrestles the shit out of him when Stipe inevitably gasses. Stipe has gassed in every fight that went to the championship rounds while Jon has NEVER gassed in a fight.

Jones via 4th rd sub
no lol. stipe will outbox him and land clean. when he does it's over. jones wont be able to outwreslte him.

He's taken some decent shots. For example Evans hit him with a decent leg kick to the head and a overhand right. Jones has 12 fights over a 7 year period where he fought extremely high level competition. It's a simple litmus test...do you really think you can have a suspect chin and survive that many fights at a high level even if you are great at negating opponents power? He's not playing god mode where no one is hitting him really hard.

View attachment 401327 View attachment 401329

jonjonesgustafssoncover.jpg
I didn't, never said suspect. I said he couldn't take, eat and survive a punch like DC. Full on blast and DC eats and survives except Jones 2 and he almost survived that.

Jon Jones destroys him everywhere.

Stipe 80" reach.
Jon Goat Jones 84.5".

The last time Stipe Miocic fought someone with an 84.5" reach, he got KOed into the shadow realm. Simply put, he does not know how to deal with someone who can keep him at a distance, and that is Jon Jone's modus operandi.

And here I have only talked about the striking disadvantage. But if Jon Jones ever decided to wrestle, that is a disastrous night for Stipe. We saw how fatigued Stipe got from wrestling Ngannou, who is a white belt in the grappling department. Imagine a beefed up heavyweight Jon Jones raining hellbows down on Stipe, would make Fedor's ground n' pound on Crocop look like puppies playing.

Let's not forget Stipe always gasses during the fight while Jon Jones never ever gets tired.

All these reasons why Stipe will never have a chance on Jon Jones

Back