*Stipe Miocic Vs Jon Jones: Who gets it?*

I think that here Jones would finally hit the fan*, Stipe is in a lot of ways bigger, heavier hitting Gus.

Less elusiveness, more pressure.

He would stop the TDs, and win with punches.

No he doesnt lol

Stipe has great hands but moves stiff

He walked right into a telegraphed left by Reem that was slow as shit. Gus would never have been hit by that.

Is that your only instance to back up your claim about his stiffness? Because if anything that was inattention, and one that Alistair induced with his runaway tactics. Basically he set a certain pace and style of fight, then just as soon as Stipe was settling into it he subverted it with the strike. It's not to Stipe's credit, but it's not the result of a physical flaw.

Is that your only instance to back up your claim about his stiffness? Because if anything that was inattention, and one that Alistair induced with his runaway tactics. Basically he set a certain pace and style of fight, then just as soon as Stipe was settling into it he subverted it with the strike. It's not to Stipe's credit, but it's not the result of a physical flaw.
How about when he walked forward with his chin up straight into a jds left.

Horrible technique exhibited in that sequence

Stipe is a bigger, stronger version of Gus...

Stipe's biggest strength plays right into Jone's biggest weakness - boxing.

Stipe boxes Jones up to a 4th round tko.

I have Jones winning this... his reach, eye pokes, wrestling, and cardio will win it for him. I have him winning by 3rd RD TKO w/ lots and lots of elbows.

12 year old Stipe had the test levels Jones has now.

How about when he walked forward with his chin up straight into a jds left.

Horrible technique exhibited in that sequence

Agreed, he wasn't in good position and stance there. And his stance was the reason he was knocked down by JDS' strike, not weakness of chin as many try to claim. So you've got two instances. Hurrah! You've proved that Stipe has the occasional lapse. That's not the same as proving he's stiff.

People conveniently forget that Jones was getting his clock cleaned by 5'8" Cormier in the second fight, and the momentum was completely turning and looking like Jones was on the road to getting KO'd before pulling out that head kick.

Stipe is like the best parts of Cormier and Gus combined into a single fighter, Jones would need a miracle.

Jones did not believe himself enough to beat lhw's without cheating, he is not going to win Stipe for the simple reason he would not fight at all with him

I think that here Jones would finally hit the fan*, Stipe is in a lot of ways bigger, heavier hitting Gus.

Less elusiveness, more pressure.

He would stop the TDs, and win with punches.

And if Gus put Jones in the hospital Stipe might put him a coffin

Jones would beat anyone at any weight division, including featherweight... Hes the best fighter in the whole mma history, anyone that actually knows a little of the sport will agree...

Jones is afraid of punches to the face, he’s kinda like Overeem. Once he tastes a punch from Stipe, he’ll get on the bike. If he couldn’t deal with Rampages power, how can he deal with Stipe. Once he runs he will lose his number one advantage: long range strikes. It will be over pretty quickly

Stipe... But if my memory is correct. Jones wanted Brock not the champ.

Wrong.

Stipe put his hands back behind him ON THE MAT to brace his fall so his head was completely defenseless when Reem was in range. Reem had ample time to clock him with a left uppercut, but showed poor fight iq like in most of his fights.
By the time Reem got there, Stipe's head was down and right in the pocket for the guillotine

watch again

The one that actually wanted this fight to happen.
Jones would never take that fight.

What does this even mean? What occurred in Jon Jones career that makes you think this?
Jones avoids punches and is really good, great at negating his opponents power.

How about this? When has Jones eaten a full power shot?

I would like to believe that Stipe beats Jones, but I want to see how he handles Cormier before being convinced. If Miocic vs Jones was scheduled for 3 months from now, who would Vegas have as the favorite? I could see it going either way, but I think we'll learn more about Stipe in a couple days.

Back