*Stipe Miocic Vs Jon Jones: Who gets it?*

Everytime i think either of these guys loses they win. Im confused.

Stipe doesn't move as well as Gus, hes more powerful but more flat footed.

Jones uses his reach, oblique kicks, eye pokes to keep Stipe off him and then wrestles the shit out of him when Stipe inevitably gasses. Stipe has gassed in every fight that went to the championship rounds while Jon has NEVER gassed in a fight.

Jones via 4th rd sub

I've been begging for Jones to fight a longer guy with legit 1 shot knock out power.

I don't think Jones can eat power shots and survive like DC.

I'm picking Stipe.

Stipe doesn't move as well as Gus, hes more powerful but more flat footed.

Jones uses his reach, oblique kicks, eye pokes to keep Stipe off him and then wrestles the shit out of him when Stipe inevitably gasses. Stipe has gassed in every fight that went to the championship rounds while Jon has NEVER gassed in a fight.

Jones via 4th rd sub
Bro

Stipe has way better footwork than Gus

And he beats Jones

It's weird, because I think Stipe work wreck Jones ,but I feel like DC is going to be a handful, if not too much for the Heavyweight.
It's been awhile since I've been looking forward to a fight.

Bro

Stipe has way better footwork than Gus

And he beats Jones
No he doesnt lol

Stipe has great hands but moves stiff

He walked right into a telegraphed left by Reem that was slow as shit. Gus would never have been hit by that.

Jones is better everywhere than Stipe except boxing. Literally everything.

Are we talking mortal Jon or Juiced and coke'd up jon?

No he doesnt lol

Stipe has great hands but moves stiff

He walked right into a telegraphed left by Reem that was slow as shit. Gus would never have been hit by that.

Jones is better everywhere than Stipe except boxing. Literally everything.
Gus crosses his feet and turns his back all the time... quick feet don't mean good feet.

And alistair set that left hand up perfectly. Stipe's a way better boxer than Gus and his feet are a big reason why he's the best boxer in the higher divisions.

A fight I would most certainly want to see. Jones, if he returns, is not likely to move up and play with the big boys. He has stated that several times.

Still if it went down I'd give Jones a decent chance of taking it but would heavily favor Stipe. Jones is problematic for anyone because he controls the flow of the fight and his angles are amazing. A lot of that is due to size and reach, an advantage he wouldn't have against Stipe.

Anyhow, kinda tired of Jones dream matches since him even fighting appears to be a fantasy at this point.

Gus crosses his feet and turns his back all the time... quick feet don't mean good feet.

And alistair set that left hand up perfectly. Stipe's a way better boxer than Gus and his feet are a big reason why he's the best boxer in the higher divisions.
Lold at set it up perfectly.

You need to rewatch that fight, Reem had his hands down by his waist and telegraphed that shot from the hip and threw it sloppy with bad technique. Still floored Stipe.

If Reem had run in and smashed Stipe with another left hand, that fight would've been over right there.

Lold at set it up perfectly.

You need to rewatch that fight, Reem had his hands down by his waist and telegraphed that shot from the hip and threw it sloppy with bad technique. Still floored Stipe.

If Reem had run in and smashed Stipe with another left hand, that fight would've been over right there.
I've seen the fight ten times at least, you seem to be remembering a gif.

Alistair had just turned his back and moved away from Stipe, he was being extremely tentative knowing that Stipe would pursue as he tends to do, especially not feeling any danger. The first time Stipe approached aggressively and without fear of any offense from Overeem, he fired a straight left immediately. It was a smart plan, one that he obviously had coming into the fight.

Unfortunately for him and your memory of the fight, it only sat Stipe on his ass. Stipe was already half way to his feet with his head going into Overeem's body by the time they first made contact after the left hand. There was no opportunity for ground and pound, that's why Overeem slapped on his notorious guillotine.

Which Stipe expertly defended with textbook technique.

I've seen the fight ten times at least, you seem to be remembering a gif.

Alistair had just turned his back and moved away from Stipe, he was being extremely tentative knowing that Stipe would pursue as he tends to do, especially not feeling any danger. The first time Stipe approached aggressively and without fear of any offense from Overeem, he fired a straight left immediately. It was a smart plan, one that he obviously had coming into the fight.

Unfortunately for him and your memory of the fight, it only sat Stipe on his ass. Stipe was already half way to his feet with his head going into Overeem's body by the time they first made contact after the left hand. There was no opportunity for ground and pound, that's why Overeem slapped on his notorious guillotine.

Which Stipe expertly defended with textbook technique.
Wrong.

Stipe put his hands back behind him ON THE MAT to brace his fall so his head was completely defenseless when Reem was in range. Reem had ample time to clock him with a left uppercut, but showed poor fight iq like in most of his fights.

Stipe beats Jones even with jones on steroids. Without steroids jones gets embarrassed

I always got the idea that Jones can win any fight...

<36>

rip jones
stipe by whatever he wants
original.gif

Last edited:
Back