• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Stipe Miocic is not a good boxer, stop pretending he is

To be fair, a boxing guard doesn't really work in MMA. some head movement would have went a long way though.

He was a good puncher that was always a little weak on defense. He shored it up a bit after that Struve knockout but not enough. And him going all lean probably took away some of his strength which hurt his wrestling I think. It was really the combo of decent punching with enough power to make you hesitate along with the wrestling to punish you if you got overzealous in the striking that made him so good. (in my opinion of course)
If I can add, he always moved forward and pressured his opponents. He always got hit but he just kept coming back to pressue his opponents and deliver his one-two punch until his opponents cracked.

I'd unironically smoke him and I haven't trained in 4 or 5 years.

Stop being such a nerd and realize your MMA gods are good at MMA and not boxing.
538517.jpg

It's almost as if combat sports fans are too dumb to comprehend that MMA "boxing" isn't exactly the same boxing as displayed in the actual sport of boxing. Tiny gloves plus the threat of takedowns, knees, elbows, kicks, etc. nullifies a lot of the fundamentals of boxing.

for mma standards, Stipe is a very good boxer. he ko'd Werdum, AA, JDS, DC , and REEM. All those guys have solid mma striking. If you're comparing Stipe to an actual pro boxer under boxing rules only, of course he's not that great compared to them. Anyone can get caught in mma due to the small gloves and the wide variety of attacks allowed. This doesn't taking anything away from his accomplishments . Ngannou is just that gifted genetically and trained his ass off for the win.

Last edited:
I remember 40 years ago when I was a decent Karate point fighter. I'm sure I would have had Wonderboy shaking in his boots. Cause you know what I was doing, and what he's doing now, are basicly the same thing.

He's just angry that former fighters, trainers and boxing coaches like Teddy Atlas have said Stipe is a better boxer than Ngannou is. Why does this anger him? I'm assuming he doesn't like Stipe and is too passive aggressive to straight up admit it.

Nah, it's not that. It's just tiresome reading the same thing about how he won golden gloves and is some kind of proven commodity of a boxer. He just isn't. I have nothing personal against him, wish him the best in all honesty. Just get tired of reading the same old shit that just isn't true.

I remember 40 years ago when I was a decent Karate point fighter. I'm sure I would have had Wonderboy shaking in his boots. Cause you know what I was doing, and what he's doing now, are basicly the same thing.

I'm not so far removed I'm out of shape and incapable of fighting. I got out because combat sports aren't a great way to make money and stay healthy. I have a worn shoulder, a bad foot and a right hip that I wake up to with varying levels of issues every day. I know most fighters do, most athletes do.

It isn't even about me though, it's about Stipe. Everyone wants to know about me as if whatever I did or accomplished matters when critiquing a false narrative.

Next time when anyone of you nerds criticize a fighter, just remember "wHaT hAvE yOu AcCoMpLiShEd" should be the first think you write to yourself.

regular boxing does not equal mma boxing

He's probably too busy grinding in the film room
That and most guys just wouldn't. I've already had pro MMA fighters dodge sparring with me, and it's just sparring. Nothing serious. I really like working and helping guys out. I'm not trying to establish dominance in the ring with someone worse than me. There's no point in just beating someone up. Carry them and work on your own shit.

That and most guys just wouldn't. I've already had pro MMA fighters dodge sparring with me, and it's just sparring. Nothing serious. I really like working and helping guys out. I'm not trying to establish dominance in the ring with someone worse than me. There's no point in just beating someone up. Carry them and work on your own shit.
<WellThere>

>fruitless

I literally posted his boxrec

I don't have the protection of anonymity. I just choose not to make myself a public figure on the internet. I don't even use social media.

you said you'd smoke him without even training. i was curious if you had any information to back this up, like a boxrec that is better than his. that's when you said you didn't want to post it because you didn't want to lose your anonymity.

so are you going to provide any proof you can actually back up what you're saying or we're supposed to just take your word for it?

Reactions: lsa
you said you'd smoke him without even training. i was curious if you had any information to back this up, like a boxrec that is better than his. that's when you said you didn't want to post it because you didn't want to lose your anonymity.

so are you going to provide any proof you can actually back up what you're saying or we're supposed to just take your word for it?

No, I said I'd unrionically beat him and I haven't trained in 4-5 years. Learn to read. If I were to actually fight him I'd get in fighting shape. I have nothing against Stipe either, because I know he'd wrestle me with ease.

Back