• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sherbros Legacy of Stipe Miocic

I wish we saw Cain vs Stipe. Not sure how that would've went.

Not sure how Stipe/DC vs Fedor would've went either. I do also think DC is a tougher match up. Not sure if Fedor would've had an answer for Cormier's wrestling, and to a lesser degree Stipe's.

If you think about it, Fedor never knocked out heavy wrestlers he faced. He submitted them, and he ain't submitting either guys.

Sonnen is a joke so he doesn't count.

Stipes grappling has never been impressive IMO. If anything it's his takedown defense and use of it strategically that's been somewhat good but Fedors takedowns are a bit different (sambo) and more a transition thing (striking to grappling quick transitions)

Interesting about Cain v Stipe is that they're both kinda wrestler boxers with Stipe being more boxer and Cain being more wrestler both with good cardio and Cain is bigger than DC and used wrestling more

Jones wouldn't have faired any better against Ngannou though.

And yea, Jones thinks that too for sure. He ducked Ngannou like his life depended on him.

But Stipe by ko.

I think Jones would've subbed Francis quick like he did gain but their is the risk of death touch which Stipe doesn't have plus Stipe is old.

francis Death touch + old stipe = Stipe low risk, in Jones calculation.

Jones has 0.5% chance of getting koed by old short arm Stipe but it'll likely go to decision

IMO Francis has a 1% chance of KOing Jones but is likely to submit Francis within a round. That 0.5% chance difference is too much risk for Jones lol

Back