Still not getting the Goldberg Firing..

I am still not getting why no-one even has a clue as to why Goldberg was fired so suddenly and without any real explanation. Usually the real reason always leaks. I mean did he badmouth Dana or voice any opinion that fighter pay was shit?

At least with Stich there was a reason that came out but after all this time , nothing, no leaks, nothing from Rogan , nothing from Dana, no theories.

It cannot be that the guy is a big moron talking a bunch of nonsense without any understanding of the fight game, he was like this for the past two decades and it wasn't a problem why all of a sudden?

Anyway, if anyone has any new theories , would like to hear those but it still really irks me not knowing the real reason.

Dana hates him he likes anik he from Boston

Definitely something behind the scenes

Remember that one time Dana was doing an interview and Goldberg ran by with his shirt off screaming at the top of his lungs?

Money and wanting to make changes to the product they just bought. Rogan has been essential, but Goldberg wasn’t. Did someone immediately replace Goldberg or was this the start of the “fighters doing commentary” era? Regardless, it very likely had nothing to do with a big scandal but rather money and revamping the commentator booth. I miss the times with Rogan and Goldberg, neither of them are great but they were a good team and were part of delivering the best UFC experience. Today’s UFC is a joke compared to UFC on SpikeTV.

I dont have any insight aside from noticing how bad he was at his job.

I am still not getting why no-one even has a clue as to why Goldberg was fired so suddenly and without any real explanation. Usually the real reason always leaks. I mean did he badmouth Dana or voice any opinion that fighter pay was shit?

At least with Stich there was a reason that came out but after all this time , nothing, no leaks, nothing from Rogan , nothing from Dana, no theories.

It cannot be that the guy is a big moron talking a bunch of nonsense without any understanding of the fight game, he was like this for the past two decades and it wasn't a problem why all of a sudden?

Anyway, if anyone has any new theories , would like to hear those but it still really irks me not knowing the real reason.

I don't know the real reason, but man was it a smart move

Goldie legit had me mute the fights so I that I won't cringe every 10 seconds or so

Like him or not, I think Goldberg was one of the many pieces that made UFC succesful. His time probably pass but still a thank u would have been great.

that wasn't my understanding but still doesn't explain a proper send off after his last gig.
Decided to check and yes it was that he was not renewed. So to the original point Goldie didn't do anything or say anything wrong to get fired. WME/UFC were certainly not very classy in how they handled things but it is what it is as Max would say.

I don't buy that, if it was just money , he could have given him proper send off. Not just act like the guy never existed...
Aw. So you think the new owners owed him something - maybe for his years of past service, before they owned UFC - and since he didn't get whatever that something is, there's a "deeper story".

It may be true. It may not be.

Goldy liked his nose candy and booze a little too much. After a while it caught up to him. Nobody is irreplaceable.

mike_goldberg.0.jpg

The RUMOR at the time was that they were trying to get a big name professional commentator.

The rumor was they wanted Jim Rome.

He sucked at his job and WME doesn't have the same affinity for old timers that Dana does. Even Bellator fired him.

They were getting paid to literally do nothing. A waste of money. Note that they kept Forrest Griffin around because he was actually doing his job.

I see it as a pension for two legends of the company and sport. WME has no respect and just cares about numbers. Suits ruin everything.

..and does anyone think that Annick is much better? sure he is not making total goofball comments, but injecting useless trivia into the commentary when one of the fighters is getting his face smashed to pulp is more aggravating and way less entertaining than stupid comments such as "low kick to the mid section".

Anik is infinitely superior and it isn't close.

I see it as a pension for two legends of the company and sport. WME has no respect and just cares about numbers. Suits ruin everything.

It was a job, not a pension. Dana kept paying them because he personally liked them. They should have put in the effort.

Back