Still not getting the Goldberg Firing..

Goldberg was not knowledgeable at all but he was fun. Learning what a teep was was a game changer for him lol. I prefer that to hearing Anik saying emphatic or with conviction every other sentence.

No. I been an mma fan since 2003. Never heard or seen anything connecting goldie to drugs. If anything he probably drank but even that im not sure of.

The uy simply sucked at his job.

He had covered mma for 12 uears and clearly had little intrest in it and almost no knowledge about the sport.

He should have been fired a long time ago for incompetence. Simple and plain

It was rumor that circulated widely around the time of his firing. For the record, Goldberg adamantly denied it.

I am still not getting why no-one even has a clue as to why Goldberg was fired so suddenly and without any real explanation. Usually the real reason always leaks. I mean did he badmouth Dana or voice any opinion that fighter pay was shit?

At least with Stich there was a reason that came out but after all this time , nothing, no leaks, nothing from Rogan , nothing from Dana, no theories.

It cannot be that the guy is a big moron talking a bunch of nonsense without any understanding of the fight game, he was like this for the past two decades and it wasn't a problem why all of a sudden?

Anyway, if anyone has any new theories , would like to hear those but it still really irks me not knowing the real reason.
Looking like he was a lifer for company , loyal for quite sometime and bringing some NON X AND O color to the commentary table - really not a big deal imo. Lol, always submissive to Joe if and when corrected.

IDK. not missed and nothing agsinst him.It is what it is.

Looking like he was a lifer for company , loyal for quite sometime and bringing some NON X AND O color to the commentary table - really not a big deal imo. Lol, always submissive to Joe if and when corrected.

IDK. not missed and nothing agsinst him.It is what it is.
I thought I would not be missing him either until we got Annick.

I thought I would not be missing him either until we got Annick.
I'm not a big fan of Anik either - he, also, lacks the x's and o's but does bring a great deal of gambling/ odds acumen to the table which - perhaps- is toooo much at times . That , coming from me, is quite an indictment. LOL.

When it comes to mma- I like the recipe of Rogan and fighter who isnt over the top with his opinions . There are a handful that worked well over the years.

BS. Been following MMA since 2003 and have never seen or heard anything linking goldie to drugs of any kind.

Maybe he drank. But thats not the reason he was fired.

He just sucked at his job and had little interest in or knowledge about a sport he d covered for more than 12 years.

Not BS, its common knowledge. I swear Goldberg himself released a statement admitting the problem one time.

Letting Goldberg go must have been one of the worst mistakes the UFC has ever made. He was an idiot. But he was our idiot.
Now seriously, he and Joe had real chemistry and would make even filler fights feel special. Nowadays Joe sounds half asleep during fights. Don't get me started with Anik. There are plants with more personality than him. If he would leave, not even his mom would miss his commentary.

Last edited:
He sucks at it compared to actual fighters with high level intelligence

Him being gone has been good

I think the tens of millions of dollars UFC made off guys like Liddell and Hughes more than covers their salaries for what was basically a pension fund. We wouldn’t have had Liddell/Ortiz 3 or Hughes’ suicide attempt if they still had their promised jobs-for-life

Chuck is rich. Follow his IG he is set up

He wanted Tito a 3rd time for his own Ego. Dana opposed it

Hughes has issues

The UFC has literally never had a problem with throwing someone away like trash after they've outlived their usefulness, especially if they aren't personally close to Dana White . That's it that's the reason .
Welcome to professional sports dude

Goldberg and all of his badness is better than everyone else they've brought in to do his job since.

LOL @ Jon fucking Anik being better than Goldberg.

There is not a single line that's come out of Anik's mouth that resonated with me... not one. Can't recall a single line from that turd.

Goldberg was exactly that, GOLD!
Can't stand that little minion

WME is cheap and doesn’t respect UFC longtimers. See Chick Liddell and Matt Hughes
Liddell and Hughes literally did nothing for their million dollar pay cheques. If you are 3.4 billion in debt you would probably cut them off expenditure tabs, too.

Notice Griffin didn't get cut? Because he was showing up to the performance institute everyday training fighters. He was the only one who 'worked' out of those guys.

Then Liddell had to fight Tito at 50 years old just to get another cheque. Matt started driving quickly through train lines just to save fuel money.

Both got knocked out and probably regret their decisions....

Didn't WME cut like 20% of UFC staff after the sale? He was merely the most public, saving millions of dollars per year, effective immediately?
Supposedly, most of that 20% was behind the scenes people doing things that WME already had a dept. for.... and the logic was regarding not needing the UFC to have a separate dept. that WME already has in place. that's what the talking heads told us at the time anyway.

The Goldie, Hughes, & Liddell discussion would stand as a separate conversation from say for example: The UFC's accounting dept. being merged into WME's. Obviously there's a much different dynamic going on with those 3... but obviously whatever charity the fertitta's were offering Liddell & Hughes... wasn't worth their contribution to the bottom line. Goldie though... I don't know.

I always liked Goldie & was really shocked when I found out how many people didn't. The official explanation was that they wanted to put UFC fighters into those commentator positions... but then they went & threw an ESPN guy in there, so who knows wtf the real reason is.

He was terrible, and a massive cokehead. He was starting to become a liability.
pretty sure there a video of Dana doing a interview and he stop says wtf i dont know but goldberg just went by streaking naked! its crazy here

Reactions: Gio
I miss the days when almost anything Mike said was pure comedy.

Goldberg Bless

Goldberg not gone he's just mastering JuJitsu this whole time so that when he comes back he can dawg everyone on what exactly is happening -at Rickson level proficiency. "Not quite right Joe -thats an Inverted Double Imari Omaplata "

Goldberg not gone he's just mastering JuJitsu this whole time so that when he comes back he can dawg everyone on what exactly is happening -at Rickson level proficiency. "Not quite right Joe -thats an Inverted Double Imari Omaplata "
"He's got him in some strange choke!"

"Err, that's a rear naked choke..."
- Joe

That was at UFC 75 or something ridiculous like that. He has not interest in learning the sport

Rogan & Godberg had great chemistry together and I have to say that after they fired Goldie I switch to commentary in my native tongue for live cards.

EVERYONE and I mean EVERYONE on the commentary team- apart from Felder, who is really good actually - (in USA) these days is an absolute nightmare and IMO it really affects the overall experience:
- Cormier with his constant need to be the center of attention and bully mentality,
- Anik who has the personality and knowledge comparable with a plank of wood,
- Cruz and his God complex, delivering his lines as if he was bored to death and was already thinking about the cozy shelter of his own bedroom where he can masturbate while watching himself in the mirror,
- Rogan these days makes a really good case to actually use the word "retarded" on day to day basis.

And don't get me started on ThE ReAcTiOnS:
giphy.gif

The fake reactions are the worst.

That's TV producers for you. They get one great organic live moment then ruin it by trying to fake it over and over.

Back