Still not getting the Goldberg Firing..

rstringer

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I am still not getting why no-one even has a clue as to why Goldberg was fired so suddenly and without any real explanation. Usually the real reason always leaks. I mean did he badmouth Dana or voice any opinion that fighter pay was shit?

At least with Stich there was a reason that came out but after all this time , nothing, no leaks, nothing from Rogan , nothing from Dana, no theories.

It cannot be that the guy is a big moron talking a bunch of nonsense without any understanding of the fight game, he was like this for the past two decades and it wasn't a problem why all of a sudden?

Anyway, if anyone has any new theories , would like to hear those but it still really irks me not knowing the real reason.

Last edited:
The UFC has literally never had a problem with throwing someone away like trash after they've outlived their usefulness, especially if they aren't personally close to Dana White . That's it that's the reason .

Pretty sure it was money, pure and simple.

Didn't WME cut like 20% of UFC staff after the sale? He was merely the most public, saving millions of dollars per year, effective immediately?

Maybe if he had made half as much, he wouldn't have got RIF'd.
I don't buy that, if it was just money , he could have given him proper send off. Not just act like the guy never existed...

I am still not getting why no-one even has a clue as to why Goldberg was fired so suddenly and without any real explanation. Usually the real reason always leaks. I mean did he badmouth Dana or voice any opinion that fighter pay was shit?

At least with Stich there was a reason that came out but after all this time , nothing, no leaks, nothing from Rogan , nothing from Dana, no theories.

It cannot be that the guy a big moron talking a bunch was nonsense without any understanding of the fight game, he was like this for the past two decades and it wasn't a problem why all of a sudden?

Anyway, if anyone has any new theories , would like to hear those but it still really irks me not knowing the real reason.
Probably his adderall addiction or something

See Chick Liddell and Matt Hughes
If they had actually regularly gone into the office and brought value to the company then they could've kept their jobs much like Forrest Griffin did.

Instead, they both had been earning six figures to do absolutely nothing (for years) and only went into the office when they were in town.

I have zero sympathy for Liddell and Hughes.

he was an employee and while i enjoyed his goofy commentary i guess Dana didn't. easy as that.

MMA is a sport that many people would like to be involved in professionally in some capacity. There’s absolutely a massive amount of media members, announcers, commentators….There’s way too many qualified people who’d love to sit cage side with the best seat in the house for ufc events and get paid. It’s not a position I picture MOST people being able to negotiate on. You’d really have to bring something to the table the ufc can’t imagine getting form the next 100 guys in line

If they had actually regularly gone into the office and brought value to the company

I think the tens of millions of dollars UFC made off guys like Liddell and Hughes more than covers their salaries for what was basically a pension fund. We wouldn’t have had Liddell/Ortiz 3 or Hughes’ suicide attempt if they still had their promised jobs-for-life

Going off the top of my head but wasn't his contract up and they choose not to renew???
It wasn't a firing for doing something wrong.

I think it was the "his precision is really precise Joe" comment. Rogan would of likely been gone too if he didnt have such a huge following​

Back