Still not getting the Goldberg Firing..

I'll take Goldberg over Anik. He was more entertaining and had better projection/tone to his voice - that's ll that matters at the end of the day. I don't care if he fucks up the pronunciation of a name; in fact, it was fuckin hilarious. I'll take that over dry Anik with his constant betting odds, computstrike stats, and irrelevant pieces of fighter's biographies.

I don't buy that, if it was just money , he could have given him proper send off. Not just act like the guy never existed...

Happens with new management. WME thought the UFC had a bloated payroll and was cutting wherever.

As a former cokehead myself, he definitely seemed like he was coked out a lot. And the rumors that he went to rehab were more than just rumors.

Combine that with both UFC and Bellator parting ways with him, it's the explanation that makes the most sense to me.

Apparently his addiction was to Adderall. Not got any sources but I remember this being mentioned a number of times back in the day.

Getting rid of Goldberg, should be among top five best decisions made by Dana and UFC. Up there with TUF 1 and signing Lesnar.

I'll take Goldberg over Anik. He was more entertaining and had better projection/tone to his voice - that's ll that matters at the end of the day. I don't care if he fucks up the pronunciation of a name; in fact, it was fuckin hilarious. I'll take that over dry Anik with his constant betting odds, computstrike stats, and irrelevant pieces of fighter's biographies.

To each their own but it's weird seeing somebody say they prefer a person not doing their job correctly over the person that does.

This many pages into this thread and no videos like this linked yet?

shit like this is why he was fired plain and simple… with a side order of crushed adderal pills mixed with yayo lines snorted in the bathroom

as far as goldie’s fight commentator career is concerned… wud it be safe to say “IT IS ALLL OVERRR. JUST LIKE THAT!!!”

I forgot the "equally-aged twin brother" line <45>

To each their own but it's weird seeing somebody say they prefer a person not doing their job correctly over the person that does.

Because one is more entertaining than the other? I watch to be entertained. So one could argue that Goldberg does his job more correctly than Anik in the functional sense of providing entertainment. Also, Goldberg just has a better broadcasting voice than Anik, which is a big deal.

Who needs Goldberg when you got Laura Sanko rising through the ranks, you know what I mean fellas?

Wasn't this around the time Fox wanted to take over production? You know when they had Joe Rogan wear a suit. Well Joe Rogan could fulfill Goldie's role and then Fox could bring their own professional commentators.

Because one is more entertaining than the other? I watch to be entertained. So one could argue that Goldberg does his job more correctly than Anik in the functional sense of providing entertainment. Also, Goldberg just has a better broadcasting voice than Anik, which is a big deal.
All subjective. This thread is filled with people making their case for either

I always heard he had a crippling Adderall problem, not sure how true though.

The UFC has literally never had a problem with throwing someone away like trash after they've outlived their usefulness, especially if they aren't personally close to Dana White . That's it that's the reason .

Or a pass around ring girl. Your job is secure as hell. I just saw Brittney or whatever her name is during the Diaz v Lawler weigh-ins.

I'd say they just didn't like his goofy-ness and wanted a younger, "cooler" guy in there going forward.

It's a shame how they just let him go though. No loyalty, no respect going out the door,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back