Steve Nash or Allen Iverson

Who Do You Rank Higher All-Time

• Total voters
also, while not truly indicative of defensive ability, Iverson had over 2 SPG for f'n 10 SEASONS, including leading the league 3x

Nash only had 3 seasons w/ at least 1, and they were all exactly 1.0.....dude literally played no D. Iverson at least helped ni the passing lanes about as good as anybody in NBA history

He did indeed. And speaking of the stupid rule that limited us in the draft, we should have had the opportunity to draft so many great players. One of the most obvious was Tim Duncan. We should have had that pick. Could you imagine Tim Duncan and Steve Nash in the Grizzlies starting lineup?
Celtics should have had Tim Duncan.

Celtics should have had Tim Duncan.
In the sense that they had the worst record, yes.

But if I'm remembering correctly Vancouver did actually win the lottery. Our ball came up. But we weren't allowed to draft first. Therefore the first pick went to San Antonio whose ball came up second.

It's possible that I'm confusing that year with another one. It was a long time ago. But that the way I remember it.

Iverson was the best player in the league for years.

Nash wasn't even the best player on his team.

He wasn't? Please tell me who was. STAT was good but this isn't even a conversation unless you are talking about his Mavs days

That head-to-head has got to rank up there all-time for requiring context, i.e. "Who else do I got?"

Generally speaking I'd take Nash because I can't stand prima donnas and have no patience for their antics. Iverson was flat out superior as an individual player. Nash's greatness depended on chemistry. So with chemistry, Nash. Without it, Iverson, and let the chips fall where they may. He'd put butts in seats.

Iverson was never the best player in the league. Not even for one year.

Did you stop following Nash's career when he was longer playing with Dirk?

Nash because he was a superior team player and pure shooter.

Allen on was a straight beast though. Ridiculous 1 on 1; offense and defense.

Only correct answer. Plus insane vision and shooting ability

That head-to-head has got to rank up there all-time for requiring context, i.e. "Who else do I got?"

Generally speaking I'd take Nash because I can't stand prima donnas and have no patience for their antics. Iverson was flat out superior as an individual player. Nash's greatness depended on chemistry. So with chemistry, Nash. Without it, Iverson, and let the chips fall where they may. He'd put butts in seats.

Iverson was never the best player in the league. Not even for one year.

It's a horrible player comparison spawned by the terrible ESPN rankings (and they are loving ever second of their click bait).

Curry and Nash are similar players

It's a horrible player comparison spawned by the terrible ESPN rankings (and they are loving ever second of their click bait).

Curry and Nash are similar players
ya, if anything AI as a ball dominant, scoring and non facilitating PG (in some seasons, at least) is much more comparable to say Wade, or Monta Ellis. He was really a straight SG, he was just short so kinda fell into the 1 (plus he required such high usage to be effective, leading the league a few times).

Nash is comparable to Curry, although nash facilitated way more (FFS, curry isn't even leading his team in assists this year, Draymond is...) and was clearly not as aggressive w/ scoring. That being said, Nash is the only guy i'd compare to Curry on a shooting level, he was that good. Nash was the master at not picking up his dribble, never seen anyone with such awareness

They didn't have the same dribble drive attacks, but i'd actually compare Nash to Dana Barros...

AI: Made the finals with one of the worst teams in NBA history and took a game from the best team in NBA history on the road

Trash Nash: Never made finals with extremely talented teams. Sucks ass. Eat shit and live trash nash

We'll go with AI and I'm speaking for everyone when I say that.

ya, if anything AI as a ball dominant, scoring and non facilitating PG (in some seasons, at least) is much more comparable to say Wade, or Monta Ellis. He was really a straight SG, he was just short so kinda fell into the 1 (plus he required such high usage to be effective, leading the league a few times).

Nash is comparable to Curry, although nash facilitated way more (FFS, curry isn't even leading his team in assists this year, Draymond is...) and was clearly not as aggressive w/ scoring. That being said, Nash is the only guy i'd compare to Curry on a shooting level, he was that good. Nash was the master at not picking up his dribble, never seen anyone with such awareness

They didn't have the same dribble drive attacks, but i'd actually compare Nash to Dana Barros...

Man I used to love Barros. That dude could get buckets quick

Two of the most overrated players ever. Would take neither.

lol @ this poll

Iverson is better then nash in every way possible

Took a scrub team to the finals and won game 1 by himself

Nash could never really carry a team like iverson could

every way possible tho? shooting? nash is literally the career leader in FT % for example, and 9th in career 3pt %. he also has the third most assits ever as well.

Nash is a better 3 point shooter

and free throws

I got excited. I should give nash a lil credit

ive been defending iverson t/o this thread, let's just not get too crazy haha

AI: Made the finals with one of the worst teams in NBA history and took a game from the best team in NBA history on the road

Trash Nash: Never made finals with extremely talented teams. Sucks ass. Eat shit and live trash nash

We'll go with AI and I'm speaking for everyone when I say that.
Nash was in the West you absent-minded nitwit.

Thanks for the tidbit Mick Foley, but after taking what you said into account it seems like my FACTS still stand ROFL!

Let me know when you refute one of my FACTS LOL!

Mankind-thrown-from-cage-by-Undertaker-in-Hell-in-a-Cell.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back