Steve Nash or Allen Iverson

Who Do You Rank Higher All-Time

• Total voters
he was in the West, but he played on perennial 50-60+ win teams in Dallas and PHO, so is the argument then he couldn't get it done in the yoffs? cuz that's what it sounds like

Iverson is one of my fav players ever but if im building a team id pick Nash because he is easier to build around. I also think if you lit a fire under his ass and green lit him to shoot more he could put up much higher scoring numbers.

Good thing nobody cares about what you "think" Blowslow ROFL

you cared enough to reply. I was worried it would go unnoticed like most of your in depth analysis (aka tea bagging kooby).

ty for letting me know ppl still care. i can now continue posting for the next 12 months knowing im effecting positive change in the world.

you cared enough to reply. I was worried it would go unnoticed like most of your in depth analysis (aka tea bagging kooby).

ty for letting me know ppl still care. i can now continue posting for the next 12 months knowing im effecting positive change in the world.

effect =/= affect

i can now continue posting for the next 12 months knowing im effecting positive change in the world.

LOL @ my cosign being the driving force for your posting(s) over the next 12 months.

You can't buy this type of INFLUENCE/RESPECT folks LMAO!

BD, i like you, man. you have some sort of mid level autism type thing going on. Reminds me of somebody i know.

Thanks for the tidbit Mick Foley, but after taking what you said into account it seems like my FACTS still stand ROFL!

Let me know when you refute one of my FACTS LOL!

Mankind-thrown-from-cage-by-Undertaker-in-Hell-in-a-Cell.gif
Oh, that's right, it's been a while since I administered your medicine in the form of a statistical suppository. I forgot you missed your check-up. Well, the doctor is in. The starting line-ups of LEastern teams Iverson overcame just to get trounced by Shaq and Kobe:

Eastern Conference 1st Round

#8 Indiana Pacers (41-41)
vs. Western Conference: 15-13
C: Zan Tabak
PF: Jermaine O'Neal
SF: Jalen Rose
SG: Reggie Miller (35 yrs old)
PG: Travis Best

Defeated 3-1

Eastern Conference Semifinals

#5 Toronto Raptors (47-35)
vs. Western Conference: 13-15
C: Antonio Davis
PF: Charles Oakley (37 yrs old)
SF: Vince Carter
SG: Alvin Williams
PG: Chris Childs
Defeated 4-3

Eastern Conference Finals

#2 Milwaukee Bucks (52-30)
vs. Western Conference: 14-14
C: Ervin Johnson
PF: Scott Williams
SF: Glenn Robinson
SG: Ray Allen
PG: Sam Cassell
Defeated 4-3

Look at that. Iverson was struggling to squeak by soup can teams (at home) who wouldn't have even made the playoffs if they were in the West. The #2 Bucks could barely break even. Wow, what an acid test for Iverson. For reference, here were the records of the Western Conference playoff semifinalist teams that year against their fellow Western opponents (hint: this is what records for the top playoff teams should look like):

• (C) Los Angeles Lakers (34-18)
  • Sacramento King (35-17)
  • Dallas Mavericks (30-22)
  • San Antonio Spurs (39-13)

The West enjoyed a +98 win advantage vs. the East that year-- the third largest in the past 15 years which has seen the Western Conference dominate the NBA to a degree that we have never observed in another major American sport. In fact, in terms of which teams had the best winning records vs. Eastern Conference teams, seven of the top teams were in the West (I've highlighted the Eastern teams):
  • #1 Houston Rockets (25-5)
  • #2 Portland Trailblazers (24-6)
  • #3 Dallas Mavericks (23-7)
  • #4 Philadelphia 76ers (40-14) [vs. 16-12 against the West]
  • #5 Los Angeles Lakers (22-8)
  • #6 Utah Jazz (22-8)
  • #7 Milwaukee Bucks (38-16)
  • #8 Phoenix Suns (21-9)
  • #9 Charlotte Hornets (37-17)
  • #10 Sacramento Kings (20-10)
This unfolded throughout Nash's career, and especially the prime, as the West utterly dominated the East to the point that the East was a glorified Junior Varsity league sheltering overrated flashy And1-type players like Iverson who, despite all his individual skill with the ball and his little body, didn't possess the overall combination of attributes to be a truly accomplished winner. This vat of acid was Nash's home. He was born into it:
http://www.cleveland.com/datacentral/index.ssf/2015/04/nba_western_conference_beats_e.html

Players tend to enter their primes in their third third season following the sophomore year. For Nash, that was the 1999-00 season. From that season through the end of the 2010-11 season, which forms the entirety of Nash's prime (and then some), the West accrued a +716 win surplus against the Eastern Conference, winning 11 of those 12 seasons as a Conference, and 9 of the 12 NBA Championships. In other words, every year of Nash's prime was just like this 2000-01 season above.

People talk shit about Nash like he didn't deserve those MVP's because he struggled to make the big stage, but if Nash's Suns had played in the East, he would be known today as the Jim Kelly of the NBA, or (since he might have stolen away with a few having only to play Western teams in a single postseason matchup) its John Elway.

Now take those facts and go shove them up your ass. Dr. Mick has filled your prescription.

Inch per inch, AI is the most skilled player ever.

Make him 6'6" and 200 pounds like Jordan and Kobe and he's right up there in the GOAT discussion.

lmao, this is why no one takes you serious pissum

Iverson dominated the ball for himself. Great scorer epsecially for his size and attacking the rim style. Lions heart. Great competitor but lacked the skill of getting the most from his teammates. He single handedly took his team to the Finals against the Lakers and a conference championship against the Bucks.

Nash was a great scorer himself and a wizard with the basketball. He made everyone around him better. He also dominated the ball but always had his head up looking to set his teammates up to score before he looked for himself. Outstanding shooter and free throw percentage. Crafty. Team first guy.

Ask yourself this, if you were a player and had to choose one of these guys to play with who would it be?

Few fun facts about Nash

The 50/40/90 club, 50% from the field-40% from 3-90% from the free throw line. He did it 4x's the next guy in line behind him is Larry Bird and he did it twice. Nash won 2 MVP's. 43% career 3 point shooter and 90% career free throw shooter which is number 1 of all time.

thought this thread was about Kevin Nash. Was really disappointed.

Steve Nash is the guy I would rather on my team. If I got $100M to spend over 5 years, I'm signing Steve Nash in his prime. He's a quintessential team leader/floor general and a fucking incredible scorer inside and outside.

That said, Allen Iverson is the better player. He has the more spectacular highlight reel for a reason. There's only a handful of guys capable of throwing elite defenders out of their shoes with the crossover. AI did it to everyone. He can finish at the rim with a dunk or a layup, great shooting range and offensive consistency. Good perimeter defender. AI could do it all. I vote Iverson

Back