state troopers

This reminds me, anyone use a traffic lawyer for a ticket?

Majority of traffic lawyers are not with a penny. Most get paid whether or not they win. If you are not there with them at court, most ask like one or two bullshit questions and if they can't find anything obvious to get the ticket dismissed, they cave and lose. Our guys defeat the lawyers probably 9/10 times or more.

And in CA we don't have state troopers, just CHP. They are a blast to work with. Most in my area don't have cages so their arrestee's ride up front. Helped them out on a DUI arrest and the dude was blitzed. He did get really excited though when the Chippies and I put him in the front seat after he was arrested. CHP then told him that since he was a cool dude, they were gonna let him ride up front in style. Dude had the dumbest grin on his face on the way to jail.

The cop hate threads are always fun.

So, the state police run the police academy where the other police departments send their officers to be trained. It is very similar to military boot camp. A lot of yelling, screaming, pushups, running, and making beds. The troopers run the academy and do the yelling. So there is resentment in that aspect, but that is not why I disliked any troopers. My issue was that the instructors would preach about equality and brotherhood between police and troopers. But there is obviously a bias, as one would expect. What I did not expect was to hear the same troopers preaching about the brotherhood, tell the trooper cadets how special they were, how they were elite, how the basic officers did not have what it took. So that factors into stories.

Obviously, the basic class competed with the cadet classes. And the troopers come in from all over the state to volunteer to"teach and train" the basic officers, especially during the live training weeks at the end of 4 months. This involves paintball and fighting scenarios, and it is generally a lot of fun, but the troopers look at it as a chance to embarrass the lowly officers. So the first live scenario, a basic officer was ktfo by a trooper during a simulated arrest. So my partner grabs me and says "no matter what, that does not happen to us". Naturally, I agreed. So when shit went bad and the trooper starts swinging on me, I tried to play by the rules. I used the fake pepper spray, which the troopers were supposed to react to. He laughed and threw haymakers at me, just like he did the scenario before. Then he tries to take me down. This was ten years ago, so not everyone knew Bjj. I did, and that trooper took a nap and swallowed his chewing tobacco. I got screamed at, but I explained that I correctly escalated force. At the time he tried to take me down, a much higher level of force was justified. Of course, I got lit the fuck up with paintballs on the next few scenarios, but no one trid to put their hands on me again.

Another story was the night before graduation, I streaked down the cadets hallway wearing nothing but a velocity raptor mask. I even loped and bobbed my head. We thought it was pretty funny, for the cadets that still had another month, not so much.

Every time. It's the best money you can spend. I have never spent more than the cost of the ticket. I know people who have and it was never much more. Money well spent.

I've dealt with local cops, county sheriff's deputies and had no problems. Whenever I have to deal with CHP, though, they are colossal pricks. I think being stuck on the highway and doing very little besides writing traffic tickets, while local cops and deputies are actually solving crimes and helping people, turns them into assholes. The one impact they have on people's lives, positive or negative, is pulling them over and writing them tickets, so they take every sick pleasure they can from it.

Majority of traffic lawyers are not with a penny. Most get paid whether or not they win. If you are not there with them at court, most ask like one or two bullshit questions and if they can't find anything obvious to get the ticket dismissed, they cave and lose. Our guys defeat the lawyers probably 9/10 times or more.

And in CA we don't have state troopers, just CHP. They are a blast to work with. Most in my area don't have cages so their arrestee's ride up front. Helped them out on a DUI arrest and the dude was blitzed. He did get really excited though when the Chippies and I put him in the front seat after he was arrested. CHP then told him that since he was a cool dude, they were gonna let him ride up front in style. Dude had the dumbest grin on his face on the way to jail.

The cop hate threads are always fun.

Traffic lawyers in Florida and Cali are obviously very different.

This is a State Trooper hate thread. Most of my interactions w/ run of the mill police officers have been positive. I'm a rent a cop so I love them. I call them anytime something goes wrong at work and they make my job easier. I don't like trouble. I don't get paid enough to deal w/ peoples bs. When people give me crap I call the real cops so that I can get back to posting on Sherdog.

Traffic lawyers in Florida and Cali are obviously very different.

This is a State Trooper hate thread. Most of my interactions w/ run of the mill police officers have been positive. I'm a rent a cop so I love them. I call them anytime something goes wrong at work and they make my job easier. I don't like trouble. I don't get paid enough to deal w/ peoples bs. When people give me crap I call the real cops so that I can get back to posting on Sherdog.

Well I'm gonna have to deal with CHP for a speeding ticket. Just looking to avoid a point.

....Then he tries to take me down. This was ten years ago, so not everyone knew Bjj. I did, and that trooper took a nap and swallowed his chewing tobacco....

Priceless. This story alone might just outweigh anything else that an officer could accomplish in his career. AFAIC, it would have been worth getting dismissed from the academy for.

Before bed every night, my youngest son likes me to tell him funny mischief/"badass" stories from my youth to make him laugh. This one would certainly would have had him in tears, especially the tobacco part. Think I'm gonna tell him a story about nhbbear tonight. :cool:

More stories, please..... :wink:

Every time. It's the best money you can spend. I have never spent more than the cost of the ticket. I know people who have and it was never much more. Money well spent.

You can talk to the DA yourself and plea bargain without paying a lawyer or involving one at all. Of course lawyers and the system don't want you to know you can do that. I got a 65 in 40 reduced to "opening a door unsafely" by talking to the DA myself. It turned out well, it got reduced from a pretty big speeding ticket which would have been a big fine, possible points and insurance hike, to a non moving violation with a small fine and no other repercussions.

You can talk to the DA yourself and plea bargain without paying a lawyer or involving one at all. Of course lawyers and the system don't want you to know you can do that. I got a 65 in 40 reduced to "opening a door unsafely" by talking to the DA myself. It turned out well, it got reduced from a pretty big speeding ticket which would have been a big fine, possible points and insurance hike, to a non moving violation with a small fine and no other repercussions.

True. They have so many cases, they like to dispense w/ as many as possible as quickly as possible. If you've got the $, still better to have an atty. who specializes in traffic/speeding handle it. Will be easy as pie for them as they often know each other well and work quickly to resolve downward sans too much pain, just a little cash for the govt. till. Also, since you won't have to go, it will save you a ton of time and aggravation, paperwork, getting to and fro and hanging around, finding parking, etc.

Priceless. This story alone might just outweigh anything else that an officer could accomplish in his career. AFAIC, it would have been worth getting dismissed from the academy for.

Before bed every night, my youngest son likes me to tell him funny mischief/"badass" stories from my youth to make him laugh. This one would certainly would have had him in tears, especially the tobacco part. Think I'm gonna tell him a story about nhbbear tonight. :cool:

More stories, please..... :wink:

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f75/so-i-ate-7500-worth-food-met-speaker-house-then-crop-dusted-him-2146091/

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f75/so-i-got-my-butt-kicked-door-tonight-2076573/

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f54/so-i-arrested-man-today-will-spend-rest-his-life-prison-2196571/
www.sherdog.net/forums/f75/so-i-got-my-butt-kicked-door-tonight-2076573/"]http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f75/so-i-got-my-butt-kicked-door-tonight-2076573/[/URL]

Also, so I am not misunderstood, I respect and work well with my troopers, but they do tend to think highly of themselves, and they do tend to have to be in before the street lights ome on, on we bust on them.

It's like the opposite of super troopers. Our troopers tend to have no sense of humor.

Got a 40lb King Salmon given to me by an Alaska State Trooper. He stopped my father in law, my son, and me on the river to check for proper liscense and hook regulations. We were all in compliance so he told us he had just confiscated a King from another boat who were illegally using bait and it was going to be hours before he could get off the river and he didn't want the fish to go to waste so he asked if we wanted to take it and he wouldn't charge it against or limit. We took the fish.

I've had multiple encounters with troopers being an avid outdoorsman and never had an issue. They have all been very courtious but I have also been in compliance with the law.

If its your first ticket or you haven't had a ticket in some time you can probably represent yourself, plead guilty and request court supervision. The judge will most likely grant it and the violation won't go on your license if you don't get another ticket within an certain amount of time. Basically, unless your on the verge of a license suspension save your money.

Oh and to post relevant to the discussion yes I think troopers are stricter because traffic is 90% of what they do. Have several friends who are municipal cops and they are more likely to get a pat on the back for solving a crime or busting a burglar or sex offender rather than by their ticket numbers. I guess troopers are more limited in what they can do to impress their bosses.

Thanks. Couldn't open 3rd link - "....life in pris... I'm in ChinR right now, so maybe blocked.

Just one question regarding pry bars. You had to call the FD a few times to bring one. Wouldn't it behoove the PD to keep one in the trunk of all cruisers, especially if things have the potential to go bad before the FD can arrive and y'all can breach the door?

I ran into a kid who reminded me of the stoners from Super Troopers. Call came in as a heart attack and I get there and its just a 20 year old stoner kid. Employees at the theater are all concerned and my partner just asks the kid how much he's had.

Kid says, some edibles. My partner asks how he's feeling and the kid said "I'm freaking out man." If my audio recorder was not running I wanted to ask him if the snooze berries tasted like snooze berries...

Do they only write tickets?
Are they ever cordial?
Do they ever cut breaks?

In my experience all they do is set up speed traps. They are always d-bags and they never cut anyone a break. I talked to a city cop who said they are so soulless they would write their own mother a ticket.

Well, they certainly do spend a lot of time just worrying about writing tickets and lot of Illinois State cops are completely fucking dickheads. I've dealt with plenty like that.

However, I'm sure there are decent ones. In fact, when I was in Southern Illinois I ran out of gas on I-64 and was pulled over on the side of the road. A state trooper was nice enough to stop and drive me to the nearest gas station and waited for me to fill a gas can and drove me back to my car. Pretty decent of the guy considering it was a dumb ass mistake on my part.

I also, went off the side of I-55 during a terrible snowstorm and ended up in a ditch and couldn't get out. State trooper drove me eight miles to the nearest truck stop so that I could wait for a tow truck.

They do a lot of good, but it sure seems like their primary responsibility is to collect revenue for the state.

When I was 16, It snowed for the first time since I got my license. I borrowed my parents car, and told them I was just going to my friends to work on a school project. We took the car down to a empty parking lot and starting messing around sliding the car. I was doing a amazing figure 8, when all the sudden a WA State trooper pulls into the lot. I was a pretty responsible driver, and never had gotten in any trouble so I was freaking out. The Trooper came up looked at my DL, and said " What the hell do you think your doing? Does this look like a fucking ski slalom course to you?" I said no sir, and he gave me my DL back and said "drive straight home, and if I see you out on the roads again tonight, I will tow your parents car, then take you home myself and make you explain it to them why they were without a car, for doing a fucking slalom".

Taught me a lesson. He was a bit of a dick about it, but thinking back it's pretty funny and cool of him.

Back