state troopers

I was in a City owned lot, and was apparently called in by security. Oh well, taught me a lesson, and I guess I was technically doing something wrong.

I tend to find most tickets cops seem to issue, are usually valid. I taught Driving to new hires at a old job(up to 26", local trucks), so I got certified and special training. I was horrified by some the things I saw other people do, while they are on training to get cleared for a job. Speeding, on cell phone, no turn signal, ect...

Now I'm in the minority, but after 10+ plus years of driving, I have yet to be pulled over, or receive a ticket for a traffic violation. I have also never been in a car accident I caused/ Yes I do speed sometimes, and can make other mistakes, but I try to follow the laws of the road, as close as possible.

I'd have to fire people for getting to many tickets, and they would always have excuses. "Well I was only going like 10 over" well your tickets says 47 in a 35. 35 MPH is the MAXIMUM speed your allowed to go. But I always got the same thing "oh the cop was just being a dick/he needs his quota/ his radar is broken" Ect... Within a 6 month period at that job, I had seen 4 people killed in front of me, for speeding and driving recklessly. Most the time they would cut off Semi's and stuff like that. Those big trucks take a long time to stop. Too many squished people, can only image the horrors the Troopers must have to see....

Only an idiot doesn't give the big rigs the room they need to stop/manuever :icon_evil

here in Florida the state troopers are pretty much considered the bottom of the barrel in law enforcement. Lowest pay and easiest to get into.

Get's pretty funny with the inter-agency rivalries. Had the one incident where a trooper pulled over a cop that was speeding to his off duty job. The guy deserved the ticket but the troopers made a huge deal of it in the media so for about a month there were a bunch of state troopers getting pulled over and cited by local police and more than a couple of trooper cars vandalized.

here in Florida the state troopers are pretty much considered the bottom of the barrel in law enforcement. Lowest pay and easiest to get into.

Get's pretty funny with the inter-agency rivalries. Had the one incident where a trooper pulled over a cop that was speeding to his off duty job. The guy deserved the ticket but the troopers made a huge deal of it in the media so for about a month there were a bunch of state troopers getting pulled over and cited by local police and more than a couple of trooper cars vandalized.

The ones in Florida are horrible. Local Police Officers usually wont mind if you're going 10 over, but State Troopers here have no problem stopping you for being 1 mile over the limit.

I got let off with a warning for speeding in a county that is known for the cops being extremely tough. He was a state trooper too. I was just honest and respectful towards him.

One pulled me over as I was going 20mph over the speed limit. He cut it down to 9mph over so's I could get it wiped with defensive driving class. Nice guy.

Back