• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

STARFIELD discussion

I have an auto HDR work around for pc, but tje blacks are still washed out. I thought at least Xbox had native HDR. Does anyone have a physical copy? Isn't it advertised to have HDR on the box?

Hopefully this is something they patch. The game begs for it, especially on Atlantis with the sun is out and the sky is that pretty blue.

The colours with auto HDR pop a lot better depending on the weather/biomes on planets, but most things in space look muted.

I know DF went over the HDR on Starfield and discussing how it uses HDR on Xbox but it some weird form I forget what. I think he even said that PC auto HDR is better than what Xbox is doing.

I have an auto HDR work around for pc, but tje blacks are still washed out. I thought at least Xbox had native HDR. Does anyone have a physical copy? Isn't it advertised to have HDR on the box?

Hopefully this is something they patch. The game begs for it, especially on Atlantis with the sun is out and the sky is that pretty blue.

The colours with auto HDR pop a lot better depending on the weather/biomes on planets, but most things in space look muted.

Is that the rename the exe to farcry5.exe workaround?

Yeah it looks like the SDR mastering for it still has crushed blacks.

I know, some people have gotten around it for PC and made it look better with some FakeHDR mods/Reshade/SpecialK or using the Nvidia settings but for console players we are shit out of luck.
I have it on PC and used Nvidia settings.... But it still doesn't have it in the game.

I have it on PC and used Nvidia settings.... But it still doesn't have it in the game.
Or a frame rate cap, apparently fullscreen (not borderless window)

Is that the rename the exe to farcry5.exe workaround?

Yeah it looks like the SDR mastering for it still has crushed blacks.
I used this method. It worked better than a mod someone recommends on page 2, which I had already tried first.

Just in case, some people are registering a trojan warning on tje github .exe, but I didn't.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3029277534

You'll know it's working when you access the Xbox gamebar and can adjust the HDR intensity.

There might already be a better mod too.

What's going on with the dumb ass local map? Cant see shit. The fuck were they thinking?

And right on cue the review bombing has begin

https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/starfield

4.7 user reviews from non-biased anonymous sources. Should be any moment now that @Zazen is here to tell us these are the reviews that really matter.
It will end up at 7 something. It’s about what the game deserves. I think the word is game is okay but overhyped. Didn’t deliver on the exploration front, outdated visuals, ai is very bad. I’m honestly shocked it received as many 10s as it has. Game won’t be talked about like Skyrim that’s for sure. If you like it that’s great but don’t be a fanboy unwilling to listen to criticism

And right on cue the review bombing has begin

https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/starfield

4.7 user reviews from non-biased anonymous sources. Should be any moment now that @Zazen is here to tell us these are the reviews that really matter.

Yea metacritic is useless. What's interesting though is the Xbox store has it at a 75% and Steam is at 82% and dropping. It might end up below 80% on steam here pretty soon. They messed up on PC by excluding so many basic options and PC users absolutely hate that sort of stuff.

In fact if you do global reviews on steam it's already at 79%. Which was to be expected. Windows Central wrote an article before the games releasing saying that it had very limited language support and that it was going to be an issue.

i dont mind having followers but holy fuck are they ever doing some weird ass shit

everything from getting stuck in place, twitching all over the place like they were on crack, to sprinting randomly at things the moment i load into another area, and even running through doors and shit.

finally decided to cap the program to run at 60 fps and that seemed to resolve it. i can deal with a couple NPC's floating away, and even the bottom half of the adoring fan clipping through underneath the floor of my ship, but when my followers start acting like they are on drugs i just wont tolerate that. we're here to pillage, plunder, and kill a whole bunch of shit. i cant have them all cracking out and doing the funky chicken while people are shooting at me. as space pirates, that's just not very professional.

Last edited:
much like fallout and elder scrolls, im pickpocketing every NPC with a name who i come across. save scumming if things dont go my way.

i have no shame in my plundering game. all your loot belongs to us.getting so much ammo and credits just from being a general piece of shit.

and i can now fly class c ships but i'm thinking maybe ill hold off on being a space pirate while i go around robbing everything with pockets.

this game is keeping me entertained. but for fuck sakes i really need to find a way to get back to baldurs gate as well.

much like fallout and elder scrolls, im pickpocketing every NPC with a name who i come across. save scumming if things dont go my way.

i have no shame in my plundering game. all your loot belongs to us.getting so much ammo and credits just from being a general piece of shit.

and i can now fly class c ships but i'm thinking maybe ill hold off on being a space pirate while i go around robbing everything with pockets.

this game is keeping me entertained. but for fuck sakes i really need to find a way to get back to baldurs gate as well.
Same here i have my sneak maxed out and if i want i can max out the theft perk. I went with the cyber runner background so started with the three main perks i wanted stealth theft and security. I love lockpicking stuff don't wanna leave any loot behind

It will end up at 7 something. It’s about what the game deserves. I think the word is game is okay but overhyped. Didn’t deliver on the exploration front, outdated visuals, ai is very bad. I’m honestly shocked it received as many 10s as it has. Game won’t be talked about like Skyrim that’s for sure. If you like it that’s great but don’t be a fanboy unwilling to listen to criticism

Hasn't played game.

Tells people that have played it what score it deserves.

i dont mind having followers but holy fuck are they ever doing some weird ass shit

everything from getting stuck in place, twitching all over the place like they were on crack, to sprinting randomly at things the moment i load into another area, and even running through doors and shit.

finally decided to cap the program to run at 60 fps and that seemed to resolve it. i can deal with a couple NPC's floating away, and even the bottom half of the adoring fan clipping through underneath the floor of my ship, but when my followers start acting like they are on drugs i just wont tolerate that. we're here to pillage, plunder, and kill a whole bunch of shit. i cant have them all cracking out and doing the funky chicken while people are shooting at me. as space pirates, that's just not very professional.

Followers in Bethesda games have always been janky. I just wish I could tell them to mimic my shots/targets/movements EXACTLY. I'm sneaking and then suddenly this UC bitch goes complety HAM with a blaster.

Hasn't played game.

Tells people that have played it what score it deserves.
So you are okay with shooting a gun an inch from someone’s head and not having anyone react? Throwing a grenade in water without any water coming up? Constant load screens? No immersive travel between planets? Hundreds of barren wastelands with nothing to see? None of this warrants criticism from you? Most review scores keep dropping and a lot of the early tens were coming from Xbox gaming sites. The score is inflated if anything

It will end up at 7 something. It’s about what the game deserves.

Dude, you don't know shit, because you haven't played it. Play it, or shut the fuck up already. You're in the same boat as the people who didn't play TLOU2, but swore it was the worst thing ever. Unless you have actually played the game, you do not and can not have an opinion on its quality.

Last edited:
Back