• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

STARFIELD discussion

AAA3LeAAE0FI.jpg

lmfao. there is no escaping these people. more powerful than the courier npc from Skyrim.

I ran into a father with a little girl trying to sell lemonade. Asked for 5 credits, but threw them 500. Dad thanked me for being kind and told them it made my day. Girl was happy and they went on their way. It was kind of heart warming.

If I see the scammer I'll try and blast him before he can make his pitch.

After playing almost 10 hours I will say the best tip I could give anyone is to quick save right before you kill an elite enemy with 3 or 4 health bars. They always drop high blue/purple/yellow items but they can still be shit. The load times in this game are insanely fast. Just keep reloading your save until the pirate drops a good unique or legendary that you like. If you're not doing this already..

Farm the RNGesus outta them sumbitches.

Just found a legendary SMG with explosive rounds, absolutely melts enemies!!!!
Awesome! I need one of those.

That what I'm saying about farming elites til they drop something worth keeping. I'm level 10 and head to toe with Legendaries it takes like 10 seconds each run. I just got a silenced Beowulf sniper and its been game over for every pirate since haha.

I ran into a father with a little girl trying to sell lemonade. Asked for 5 credits, but threw them 500. Dad thanked me for being kind and told them it made my day. Girl was happy and they went on their way. It was kind of heart warming.

should have reported the girl for not operating with a business license!

you need to send me the coordinates so i can raid that operation and just start blasting. aint nobody gonna be illegally selling deezer's lemonade under my watch.

Last edited:
You should wait on Cyberpunk, as the game is getting that massive upgrade on the 25th, even if you don't buy the expansion. I can't wait for the new content, but it's all the improvements to their systems that has me most excited.

Aug has been an incredible month of gaming, banger after banger. BG3, Starfield, AC VI. I finally started AC yesterday. The mission nature of it, and the third person mechanics, make it the perfect Steam Deck. Gonna be playing this when I have some breaks in time while I'm away from home.

Any of you playing Shadow Gambit: The Cursed Crew? Those guys made Desperados 3, incredible game I still have to finish up. It has overwhelming positive scores on Steam. Looks another perfect Steam Deck game. That came out a couple of weeks ago, I had no idea.

Anyway, not to derail the thread, I freaking adore Starfield. I was really liking it, despite some issues, but after about 30 hours, and diving into faction quests galore, along with the main story, it has its hooks in me.

So far it has positive scores on Steam at 86%, so much for review bombing lol

I love the ship building, and really want to start building outposts and get into crafting, but there are skills and $$ I'm going to need to take full advantage of all. Faction/main quests give the best $$ payoffs and give you access to more parts. Coupled with all the XP you get, it's the best way to get ahead quickest, at least from what I've seen.

A good buddy of mine has been going crazy on the outposts. He was telling me that it's good to set up basic ones as it gives you resources, anyone mess around with outposts yet?

I don't think I've ever really liked the main questlines of Bethesda games, it was always the side stuff that engaged me most. I'm so intrigued by the main campaign that I'm only dipping into it periodically, as I want to stretch it out as long as possible. Good freaking times!

I was gonna wait until I got some sort of quest/walkthrough before building outposts. Maybe one doesnt really exist?

if you pull out your scanner and start looking down at your feet while youre moving, youll see a trail of little footstep arrows flash out in front of you guiding you wherever you have to go. it doesnt always work 100% of the time but for the most part its reliable

that shit would confuse me at first as well. but yeah just use the scanner more and it'll help alleviate the map issue. ive had a few issues where the little blue marker would bug out and be in the wrong spot and i couldnt advance the quest, but the scaanner would actually direct me right to where the blue quest marker should have been.

Just started today and haven't got to grips with the scanner at all.

Will take this advice, thanks Sherbro!

Dove in for about two hours. Finished the first big mission. So far...

- The lock picking is an interesting twist on the traditional formula. It's a bit of light puzzle mechanic. I'm indifferent to it, but at least they did something new. The whole "bobby pin" thing was played out.

- It looks very nice, even if it is just another upgrade of the same engine. Lighting is especially great. Character models...ehh...not much progress there, but they all look a little better, and the animations are an upgrade from FO4.

- I kind of miss the cinematic character interactions from FO4, and the voiced protagonist. I know it was a big deal back when FO4 launched(and I'm just as guilty for complaining about it), but now that I'm used to it, this system seems a bit dated in comparison. I like seeing my character in cut scenes. That said, I like the specific dialog options, over the vague dialogue wheel.

- I miss VATS, but the gun play here is pretty tight. The AI however, is brain dead, and it's really apparent during firefights. They don't do a whole lot, outside of ducking for cover, and some barely even recognize that you're in the room, until you start firing. It's a bit of a simple shooting gallery formula, but by the looks of it, it's gonna be "Borderlands" kind of fun to experiment with a million different weapons on these fools.

- I like the new "persuasion" system, where you have to build up your trust with people you're talking to, before they fully trust you. It kind of reminds me of that "Oblivion" system, where you had to choose the right response to keep them smiling.

- The menu is a fucking mess. At least at first glance. You go into a menu to open another menu, to open another menu. It's a bit rough at first, but I'm coming around.

- Space combat is...space combat. I've never really understood the appeal of space shooters, as most fights boil down to shooting, and circling back to finish the target off. Nothing all that special here.

- Not sure how I feel about the scanning aspect. Seems like a system brought over from NMS, and just as tedious.

That's about all I can say for now. It's more Bethesda goodness with some twists, and if you like their formula, you'll be right at home here. There's also a whole bunch of other shit on top of that formula, that I haven't even begun to dive into. It hasn't really sunk it's teeth into me yet, but I can tell that it's going to.

Last edited:
Finished a quest line and was gifted full citizenship and a Penthouse apartment. Was pretty stocked and checked it out, and fuck if it's empty. I had a hard enough time finalizing the character creation and and then ship mods, now I have to furnish this thing. I think for now I'll just put a bed and safe and full it with other stuff later.

After playing almost 10 hours I will say the best tip I could give anyone is to quick save right before you kill an elite enemy with 3 or 4 health bars. They always drop high blue/purple/yellow items but they can still be shit. The load times in this game are insanely fast. Just keep reloading your save until the pirate drops a good unique or legendary that you like. If you're not doing this already..

Farm the RNGesus outta them sumbitches.
<TheWire1>

Damn did not know this lol

Also before they patch this, get some good armour early

If I have to watch one more fucking take off or landing canned animation sequence...I'm sorry but not being able to actually travel to and from planets feels like a massive mistake. It misses half the fucking point of space exploration

If I have to watch one more fucking take off or landing canned animation sequence...I'm sorry but not being able to actually travel to and from planets feels like a massive mistake. It misses half the fucking point of space exploration
Journal Travel, saves a lot of cutscenes.

If you go through your journal, select your mission and hold "R" (on PC not sure on console" you will just auto travel there with one load screen and watch your ship land on the planet (unless you're landing in a city then you just appear in the city location you selected)

but i get the disappointment for space travel

Feel sorry for good people getting scammed into buying this game.

If it was 2010, this game would be okay-ish.

Now it's just horrible.

Its a shame this game doesnt have HDR, colours would pop a lot better, not a fan of the muted look so far, but thats my only problem so far.

Dove in for about two hours. Finished the first big mission. So far...

- The lock picking is an interesting twist on the traditional formula. It's a bit of light puzzle mechanic. I'm indifferent to it, but at least they did something new. The whole "bobby pin" thing was played out.

- It looks very nice, even if it is just another upgrade of the same engine. Lighting is especially great. Character models...ehh...not much progress there, but they all look a little better, and the animations are an upgrade from FO4.

- I kind of miss the cinematic character interactions from FO4, and the voiced protagonist. I know it was a big deal back when FO4 launched(and I'm just as guilty for complaining about it), but now that I'm used to it, this system seems a bit dated in comparison. I like seeing my character in cut scenes. That said, I like the specific dialog options, over the vague dialogue wheel.

- I miss VATS, but the gun play here is pretty tight. The AI however, is brain dead, and it's really apparent during firefights. They don't do a whole lot, outside of ducking for cover, and some barely even recognize that you're in the room, until you start firing. It's a bit of a simple shooting gallery formula, but by the looks of it, it's gonna be "Borderlands" kind of fun to experiment with a million different weapons on these fools.

- I like the new "persuasion" system, where you have to build up your trust with people you're talking to, before they fully trust you. It kind of reminds me of that "Oblivion" system, where you had to choose the right response to keep them smiling.

- The menu is a fucking mess. At least at first glance. You go into a menu to open another menu, to open another menu. It's a bit rough at first, but I'm coming around.

- Space combat is...space combat. I've never really understood the appeal of space shooters, as most fights boil down to shooting, and circling back to finish the target off. Nothing all that special here.

- Not sure how I feel about the scanning aspect. Seems like a system brought over from NMS, and just as tedious.

That's about all I can say for now. It's more Bethesda goodness with some twists, and if you like their formula, you'll be right at home here. There's also a whole bunch of other shit on top of that formula, that I haven't even begun to dive into. It hasn't really sunk it's teeth into me yet, but I can tell that it's going to.
One thing that helped avoid the menufest; when in space, look for your mission prompt/ destination from your cockpit.

Hover your target over it and select the interact button (E on pc). You can travel to your destination that way.

It's easier to go into your mission list and travel that way, but not only is that immersion breaking, as you do it so often, you miss out on tons of random encounters.

It also feels more like you're traveling in space too.

The game only gets better with time.

Last edited:
Its a shame this game doesnt have HDR, colours would pop a lot better, not a fan of the muted look so far, but thats my only problem so far.
This game doesn't have gamma adjustment

This game doesn't have gamma adjustment

I know, some people have gotten around it for PC and made it look better with some FakeHDR mods/Reshade/SpecialK or using the Nvidia settings but for console players we are shit out of luck.

I have an auto HDR work around for pc, but tje blacks are still washed out. I thought at least Xbox had native HDR. Does anyone have a physical copy? Isn't it advertised to have HDR on the box?

Hopefully this is something they patch. The game begs for it, especially on Atlantis with the sun is out and the sky is that pretty blue.

The colours with auto HDR pop a lot better depending on the weather/biomes on planets, but most things in space look muted.

Back