Social Starbuck's new homeless policy is a joke

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by Thunderhead, Feb 11, 2019.

1. oldshadow

oldshadow Steel Belt

How you stop this shit is simple.

Don’t give them your money.

If the only people’s going in there are bumbs then they will die out in areas that allow it.

2. sniper

sniper Silver Belt

Their store, their rules. They can let whoever TF they want in there. Not my problem

Thepaintbucket, TeTe and TheLinguist like this.
  3. Thunderhead

Thunderhead Assman Extraordinaire

Lol, dumbfuck. I'm not going to engage in a fight with a mentally ill man. It's a lose lose situation. With all these cameras around in this day and age, I was fully aware of the possible repercussions of my actions.

Stupidass keyboard warrior. Ever stepped outside of your mom's basement once? We act like civilized beings there. Or at least pretend to.

TeTe, uppercutbus and JbModest like this.
  4. Scheme

Scheme Brown Belt

It's almost impossible to find a seat at a coffee shop as it stands with all the fucking hipsters on their Apple computers

5. Michaelangelo

Michaelangelo Okay USA Platinum Member

“please help waitress. this homeless man is threatening me!”

“sorry hon. i only have non-dairy creamer.”

lmao

Mike, TheGZA, uppercutbus and 13 others like this.
  6. Cole train

Cole train Blue Belt

Should have swung after he started to give "no fear" speech

Or better yet in the middle of it

7. Thunderhead

Lmao. You should do stand up at a comedy club.

And in an ironic twist, some homeless guy will wander into the club and stab you in the neck with his pencil. Life can be so cruel but funny sometimes.

TeTe and Sohei like this.
  8. sniper

sniper Silver Belt

As far as I'm concerned, this guy got knocked the fuck out by the homeless dude. This thread is just him trying to repair his fragile ego.

9. Thunderhead

Oh, shut the fuck up, sniper. Get your silly white supremacist ass back into the OT where it belongs.

uppercutbus, TeTe and sniper like this.
  10. Thunderhead

People who give money to bums are only enabling them. And then there are the waste of cells who panhandle for extra money but otherwise live a normal life.

TeTe and LangfordBarrow like this.
  11. LangfordBarrow

LangfordBarrow StickAndMove Platinum Member

I get that people like that are annoying but you're the one being a drama queen about it. Shaking in anger because someone called you a bully is not normal behavior. Did you fear the man at all or just viewed him as contemptible?

El Panteron likes this.
  12. LangfordBarrow

That's a completely different situation than just annoying you.

13. Bald1

Bald1 War Room Can

Agreed, I'm the same way.

Now as you said you get why their business model is successful, can you see that success continuing in high crime/high homeless areas? While I like dive bars it's not the sort of ambience I look for while having a meeting or an over priced cup o joe.

14. Playswellwithlawndarts

Playswellwithlawndarts Black Belt

Employees or Patrons?

uppercutbus and Sohei like this.
  15. EradiatedHaggis

EradiatedHaggis Brown Belt

Good. I would not shed a tear if their business bottoms out. Its over-priced shit coffee anyway. Their down-fall will just bring back the smaller, better coffee shops.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    Hogey likes this.
  16. Misfit23

Misfit23 Black Belt

If you don't agree with it then stop giving them your business. Hardly an issue.

17. Thunderhead

I was shaking in anger because the dude was persistently egging me on to fight him, and I tried to deescalate the situation by telling him to be quiet multiple times. Not a goddamn thing was done about it by the people who worked in that establishment. If I were some thug with poor impulse control, no doubt I would have flew off the handle and gotten myself into a Worldstar worthy moment that I would truly regret being in later on.

So you tell a mentally ill guy that he's being disruptive, and he suddenly challenges you to fight him and portrays himself as a victim, things aren't going to look pretty good for me in many ways. Why? Because in my case: 1. He's mentally ill and society tends to give a pass on these individuals for their erratic behavior. 2. I was bigger and stronger than this guy so people could have immediately misconstrued me being the bully in that situation despite not making any threats against him in the first place and 3. The guy was staring at me menacingly and I had a weird feeling that he could have attacked me at any moment. I was on my guard the whole time I was there.

As evidenced by the recent Covington HS incident in Washington D.C., a lot of shit can be misconstrued if it's taken out of context and presented by a single point of view. I had no desire to be on Youtube so I tried to further deescalate the situation by reporting him to one of the baristas. Unfortunately, when the baristas told me there wasn't a single thing she could do to resolve this situation, I felt like she was vindicating him.

Apparently there's no policy against customers that engage in disruptive behavior or harass others? I get it, this guy is mentally ill, but he was attacking my character in public and challenging me to throw the first strike for a good 5 minutes in an effort to make me look like the bad guy here. Hell no, I wasn't going to let to let this guy try to flip the script. The baristas fucked up by allowing him to stay. It was only when I asked the other customers in the room if they found him disruptive and they agreed that the homeless guy finally got the point and decided to leave. There's power in numbers.

So once again, Starbucks didn't do shit to resolve this situation nor fulfill their duty to provide a safe environment to their customers. I didn't ask for this bullshit in the first place. So for you to call me a drama queen for being incensed by this situation is absolute bullshit.

TeTe and ElKarlo like this.
  18. Graves

Graves ******WTF Belt****** Platinum Member

I never go to these places so I'm not invested in the issue either way.
    That being said, whatever their motivation virtuous or otherwise, if it negatively affects
    business they're doing it wrong.

scoopj, TeTe and TheLinguist like this.
  19. LangfordBarrow

I'm just giving you my opinion. You could have ignored him, or left, or talked to a manager discreetly. Once you decided to confront him I think you were, if not wrong, at the very least escalating the situation.

20. AgonyandIrony

AgonyandIrony Gold Belt

If it keeps me from having to watch them piss in the street I'll take your inconvenience for $500 Alex.