Social Starbuck's new homeless policy is a joke

hi Thunderhead,

that's quite a scene you made. wow.

i'd have just gone to study somewhere else. is there a shortage of places to buy a cup of coffee in Southern California?

- IGIT

Not at all. I only happened to be at that particular Starbucks because it was the closest one to the repair shop where I was getting my truck fixed.

ah, sjws will blame you for owning a 'redneck' truck gas guzzling, ozone murdering macho vehicle, son.
why weren't you in your solar powered, earth friendly people mover thingy?

ah, sjws will blame you for owning a 'redneck' truck gas guzzling, ozone murdering macho vehicle with a NRA decal in the front windshield, son.
why weren't you in your solar powered, earth friendly people mover thingy?

ftfy

Lol, dumbfuck. I'm not going to engage in a fight with a mentally ill man. It's a lose lose situation. With all these cameras around in this day and age, I was fully aware of the possible repercussions of my actions.

Stupidass keyboard warrior. Ever stepped outside of your mom's basement once? We act like civilized beings there. Or at least pretend to.
So is trying to tell someone who has schizophrenia to keep quiet. If the guy is really mentally ill (like you assumed, and like he probably is) talking to him like that isn't going to quiet him. Although I guess it did finally get him to leave. I also don't know why you'd take any offense to anything he said, his perception of reality is skewed by mental illness.

Not at all. I only happened to be at that particular Starbucks because it was the closest one to the repair shop where I was getting my truck fixed.

heya Thunderhead,

*ponders*

i've been in some noisy Starbucks in the past, hmmmf.

you say the guy got up out of his chair and made too much noise, and scribbled really hard? and looked at you in a mean way???

and then you decided to amplify your problem with "HG" and make it everyone's problem?

then you brush off a barista who apologizes to you? someone who is simply following orders from corporate?

hmmf.

i don't know, man. you need to smoke some kind bud or something.

people like you make me far more uncomfortable than a homeless person would. no offense.

- IGIT

heya Thunderhead,

*ponders*

i've been in some noisy Starbucks in the past, hmmmf.

you say the guy got up out of his chair and made too much noise, and scribbled really hard? and looked at you in a mean way???

and then you decided to amplify your problem with "HG" and make it everyone's problem?

then you brush off a barista who apologizes to you? someone who is simply following orders from corporate?

hmmf.

i don't know, man. you need to smoke some kind bud or something.

people like you make me far more uncomfortable than a homeless person would. no offense.

- IGIT

Lmao. Just stop. The trolling is just fucking ridiculous. Please, go hang out at a crackhouse if you prefer the company of bums over people who wish to mind their own business.

Lmao. Just stop. The trolling is just fucking ridiculous. Please, go hang out at a crackhouse if you prefer the company of bums over people who wish to mind their own business.

hi Thunderhead,

once you made your own issues with the HG everyone's business, you became one of those weird people i see in YouTube videos.

that's fine if that's your thing.

i'm just saying that people like you are worse than the occasional homeless guy. you're wrapped too tightly or something.

- IGIT

Agreed, I'm the same way.

Now as you said you get why their business model is successful, can you see that success continuing in high crime/high homeless areas? While I like dive bars it's not the sort of ambience I look for while having a meeting or an over priced cup o joe.
They don't put Starbucks in high crime/high homeless areas. They put them in higher income areas where people are willing to pay those prices for a cup of coffee or around colleges where the students will spend the money over a period of time.

I've never seen a Starbucks in the hood or in rural parts of the country. Strip malls and high traffic commercial areas. I'm sure some of them are there but if you find a homeless guy in a Starbucks, it's probably because the homeless guy entered a nice area, not because Starbucks entered a bad one.

hi Thunderhead,

once you made your own issues with the HG everyone's business, you became one of those weird people i see in YouTube videos.

that's fine if that's your thing.

i'm just saying that people like you are worse than the occasional homeless guy. you're wrapped too tightly or something.

- IGIT
Dear Mr. IGIT,

Oh, just cut the hippy bullshit. For all I know, despite this all virtue signaling, I'm willing to bet that you're the type of hypocrite who'd be opposed to having a homeless shelter built in your backyard should it be proposed. I've volunteered at homeless shelters in my youth. Trust me, not all of them live a virtuous life nor make efforts to get themselves out of their impoverished circumstances.

-Thunderhead

They don't put Starbucks in high crime/high homeless areas.

You must not get to the West Coast often. While you're right, they don't tend to open them in bad areas, having homeless people frequent them is unavoidable.

so you threaten a guy who is much smaller than you, try to get him thrown out of the store, call him out and shame him in front of all the customers, but you are not a bully? ok

I was shaking in anger because the dude was persistently egging me on to fight him, and I tried to deescalate the situation by telling him to be quiet multiple times. Not a goddamn thing was done about it by the people who worked in that establishment. If I were some thug with poor impulse control, no doubt I would have flew off the handle and gotten myself into a Worldstar worthy moment that I would truly regret being in later on.

So you tell a mentally ill guy that he's being disruptive, and he suddenly challenges you to fight him and portrays himself as a victim, things aren't going to look pretty good for me in many ways. Why? Because in my case: 1. He's mentally ill and society tends to give a pass on these individuals for their erratic behavior. 2. I was bigger and stronger than this guy so people could have immediately misconstrued me being the bully in that situation despite not making any threats against him in the first place and 3. The guy was staring at me menacingly and I had a weird feeling that he could have attacked me at any moment. I was on my guard the whole time I was there.

As evidenced by the recent Covington HS incident in Washington D.C., a lot of shit can be misconstrued if it's taken out of context and presented by a single point of view. I had no desire to be on Youtube so I tried to further deescalate the situation by reporting him to one of the baristas. Unfortunately, when the baristas told me there wasn't a single thing she could do to resolve this situation, I felt like she was vindicating him.

Apparently there's no policy against customers that engage in disruptive behavior or harass others? I get it, this guy is mentally ill, but he was attacking my character in public and challenging me to throw the first strike for a good 5 minutes in an effort to make me look like the bad guy here. Hell no, I wasn't going to let to let this guy try to flip the script. The baristas fucked up by allowing him to stay. It was only when I asked the other customers in the room if they found him disruptive and they agreed that the homeless guy finally got the point and decided to leave. There's power in numbers.

So once again, Starbucks didn't do shit to resolve this situation nor fulfill their duty to provide a safe environment to their customers. I didn't ask for this bullshit in the first place. So for you to call me a drama queen for being incensed by this situation is absolute bullshit.
Ignore the trolls you did what you should have.

They don't put Starbucks in high crime/high homeless areas. They put them in higher income areas where people are willing to pay those prices for a cup of coffee or around colleges where the students will spend the money over a period of time.

I've never seen a Starbucks in the hood or in rural parts of the country. Strip malls and high traffic commercial areas. I'm sure some of them are there but if you find a homeless guy in a Starbucks, it's probably because the homeless guy entered a nice area, not because Starbucks entered a bad one.

Hah! You should venture out of the burbs every now and then.

Is this just another case of a SJW virtue signaling gone awry?

In case you don't know what I'm talking about, here's a short summary of their policy regarding homeless people.

Tl;Dr warning:

Story time:

So last week, I stopped by at a Starbucks in one of the nicer parts of San Diego to get a cup of joe and buckle down and get some studying done. Since all the smaller tables by the walls were occupied, I opted to sit by the large table shared by several customers in the middle of the room. One of the occupants of said table was a disheveled, homeless looking guy - possibly afflicted with schizophrenia - with his belongings strewn about all around his chair. The guy was repeatedly getting up from his seat, banging his chair against the table, and furiously scribbling something into his notebook. After a minute or two of enduring this, I notice one of the smaller tables was being freed up, so I immediately migrated over there so I can get some work done in peace.
Homeless Guy probably didn't take too kindly that I was moving away from him, and he continued to act like a nuisance but only this time shot a menacing glance at me occasionally and slammed his pen onto the table after he was finished scribbling. The menacing glances and noises were so unnerving that I finally lost my shit and called him out for his behavior.

"Yo, could you stop being disruptive, man?"
"What?" he replied.
"Could you stop being disruptive? You're making these noises and it's really unsettling me."

I can't exactly remember what he replied next, but to the best of my ability, I can only recall that he said he didn't do anything, was having a bad day, and that I was a bully for picking on him. It was all incoherent garbage that I couldn't make sense of, but the last part about bullying got me livid immediately. Bullying people, especially those afflicted with mental illness is not my cup of tea. It's quite dickish, and I'm fervently against it.

He then made a few remarks about my physical appearance and how he was not afraid of me despite "having 45 lbs on him and being big and muscular" (his words verbatim). That comment really threw me off because I perceived it to be a threat. Not once did I make any threats to this guy; I only told him that he was being disruptive and he was already on the defensive, thinking that I wanted to fight this guy. As a matter of fact, he was the one who was giving me the evil eye in the first place. I told him to be quiet or leave, but HG couldn't stop commenting on my appearance and ranting about irrelevant bullshit.

Wishing to avoid escalating the verbal argument into an actual fight, I immediately reported his behavior to one of the baristas. The barista informed me that due to their new policy, she was unable to do anything about the situation. And besides, the homeless guy was a regular customer at the cafe. Wtf? I understood that they had a recent change in policy, but asked her if they put up with his shenanigans on a regular basis. She replied yes. I lost it at this point, and I turned around and addressed everybody in the cafe if I was being wrong in this situation. I pointed to a lady who was sharing the table with HG and asked her if he was annoying her. She meekly nodded in agreement. I pointed my finger to another customer and asked her the same question. Again, yes.

HG, seeing that nobody was too pleased with his presence, finally picked up his stuff, apologized to me and everyone in the cafe, and left. At this point I was shaking with anger - partly because HG accused me of intimidating him, when in fact, it was the opposite that occurred, and partly because the barista didn't do shit about this situation. After HG left, the barista came up to me and apologized on behalf of HG. I didn't acknowledge her half-ass apology.

All of this because of the backlash Starbucks received after 2 black men were arrested for hanging out at a cafe and not buying anything? That's quite an extreme reaction. And besides, who the hell goes to a place of business and hangs out for a while without purchasing anything? That constitutes trespassing, regardless of race. All the phytoestrogen in the soy latte must have turned these males into bitch made SJWs and females into delusional bleeding heart dipshits.

I wouldn't be surprised to see some of these places become haven for drug users and perverted bums who unashamedly pleasure themselves while eyefucking the cute college girls sipping on their pumpkin spice latte. You reap what you sow. Have fun with that, Starbucks.
#1 starbucks is a shithole, maybe going to a library or something of the sort if you need quiet time to study, would be more beneficial

#2 in what way were you not bullying him by calling him out like that? you straight up were trying to impose your idea of right and wrong on what another person was doing...even though nothing the fellow was doing was harmful to anyone

#3 that you needed to ask around to the other patrons of the shithole shows that you were not at all confident that you were not doing as the guy accused you of ((you were)), you were hoping to garner support of the pack, when ...like you...it was none of their damn business

#4 you have every right to voice your opinion on something...you dont have any right to tell someone else what to do with themselves....

#1 starbucks is a shithole, maybe going to a library or something of the sort if you need quiet time to study, would be more beneficial

#2 in what way were you not bullying him by calling him out like that? you straight up were trying to impose your idea of right and wrong on what another person was doing...even though nothing the fellow was doing was harmful to anyone

#3 that you needed to ask around to the other patrons of the shithole shows that you were not at all confident that you were not doing as the guy accused you of ((you were)), you were hoping to garner support of the pack, when ...like you...it was none of their damn business

#4 you have every right to voice your opinion on something...you dont have any right to tell someone else what to do with themselves....

Really? Are you serious or are you just plain retarded? How does telling a guy to stop being disruptive considered bullying? The guy was banging his chair against the table, slamming and even appeared to stabbing his notebook with his pen, all the while staring at me in a threatening manner all because I decided to move away from him. You think I'm supposed to feel safe in this situation? Seriously, some of you fucking weirdos have a twisted idea of what's considered bullying and what's not. Honestly, I've seen more instances of members engage in sociopathic abuse against others all while being protected under the cloak of anonymity in this forum than in real life. With this fact in mind, there's no reason to think that your stupidass opinion is valid.

Step outside into the real world and experience a real confrontation for once. You'll be changing your tune in an instant. Fucking hypocrites.

And lol at being against bullying the mentally ill when you bullied a mentally ill guy out of his home.

The added bit about your muscular physique was a good touch.

I didn't add that quote in there to humble brag. That's all he literally fucking said to me non-stop in order show me that he wasn't afraid of me. The thing is, I didn't even threaten him in the first place nor posture around like a macho badass when I told him to be quiet.

Man, the trolls are just breeding like AIDS in an impoverished third world shithole country. Anyway, get fucked. Twisting the narrative just shows how you're just trolling on purpose.

Back