• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Locked STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possibly the most underdeveloped villain in cinema history gets chopped..(Snoke).
<{you!}>

To think they were hyping him up to be more powerful than Vader and Palpatine..
But it did succeed in subverting your expectations didn’t it?

tumblr_p3jdwyXa1H1v69u1io1_400.gif

Interestingly, you seem to be trying to hold me to talking about what was shown on the screen while giving yourself the liberty to guess about what happened off of it.

Just so you know though... not even in canon outside the movie did Luke receive any training from obi. Just like he got in the Death Star shot... Obi came in & gave him a quick bit of advice here & there... but it was so infrequent that Luke thought he was imagining it.

Even in those short instances Luke got more help and advice on the force and some history. More than Rey received. At least it was established in the OT that obi wan can give him some pointers, not to mention he got help from yoda. Unlike you im using what the actual movies give us as far as whats possible.

Anakin had many failures at pod racing before he won, and he sure as hell took his licks while under obi wans tutelage. And he fucking lost to Obi wan for Christ sake. And he was born of the force and still lost to somebody who was strong in his own right, but didn't have the raw power Anakin had. Which is reasonable considering Anakin was still young and didn't have the experience nor the temperament to think rationally in that instant. Anakin was flawed and vulnerable to manipulation and anger. Rey doesn't seem to have any personality flaws nor any shortcomings in moral character. Mary Sue and bland. Also Rey with no training what so ever beats a very powerful in his own right Kylo ren in a light saber duel and out forces him in the interrogation room. The shes just that powerful argument doesn't hold up. She never has to earn a damn thing, and they'll probably throw in some bull shit about her training as a child. Which still wouldn't help since she was still very young when she was left on Jaku. She would be way behind KYLO at that point. Rey just doesn't work man, im glad you like these movies. We will just never agree on this

\

Obi-Wan said in ANH that the Jedi guarded the republic for 1000 generations, I'd say that 30 years of peace after ROTJ means fuck all in comparison
It was 1,000 years of peace.

the "thousand generations" thing was said in trailer one of Ep. 9 regarding all the Jedi who's history lives in her.

You're selling me that 30 years of peace isn't much compared to 1,000 yrs... while the First Order has only trashed the party for 1 year. You act like it's a done deal & haven't even heard the rest of the story.

They really did luke a dirty in the TLJ dude was a can. I really hope he is redeemed in this film , but I'm not bringing my hopes up. I'll be watching this only because its Starwars, the only SW movie I didnt watch in theaters was SOLO.

I won't be watching this in the theaters. I didn't see solo, im not seeing the Mandalorian, and fuck watching the next trainwreck. It's bad enough the OT gets stripped of all it importance and world building to make these things work, its extra hurtful to see what they'll do to lando and palpatine. Serously fuck this trilogy.

I'd favour a dark side ending with either Sidious being victorious or Rey killing him but taking his place as the Dark Lord Of The Sith.

It was 1,000 years of peace.

the "thousand generations" thing was said in trailer one of Ep. 9 regarding all the Jedi who's history lives in her.

You're selling me that 30 years of peace isn't much compared to 1,000 yrs... while the First Order has only trashed the party for 1 year. You act like it's a done deal & haven't even heard the rest of the story.

the resistance has been fighting these dudes for what a year as you say? You would think that the rest of the republic knew enough about them and their massive fleet to want to do something about it. instead they fucking wait until there's 12 people left in the resistance to join the fight. Empire tech, empire fleet, a powerful despot with powers that Luke knew about for a few years which means leia knew. You would think that if Leia and Luke fucking skywalker say hey there's this bad mofo with an empire level fleet behind him making trouble you'd believe them and prepare a massive counter force. Nope just let em bang bro and we'll wait until it's almost to late to join. 30 years is to damn soon to let some shit like that go down when you have Luke skywalker on your team.

I still lmao how the order could have gotten so powerful to take on republic

The first order should be in the position of the resistance not other way around lol

There were so many clever ways to take the direction here and he made people waste their time contemplating and discussing fun ideas to provide THIS to us

It's a literal fuck you to anyone who is a fan of this stuff

that's how I felt in real time while the movie was playing. The crowd was pretty much split at the end. Complete silence and disappointment from half and claps from the other half. never felt so pissed at a movie before. and I didn't even pay for my ticket.

I still lmao how the order could have gotten so powerful to take on republic

The first order should be in the position of the resistance not other way around lol

Shit like this is why I hate the sequels, they explain all of jack shit so nothing makes any damned sense and as the movies go on you just get more and more fucking questions that they fail at answering. It's completely shit writing, that only gets worse over time.

I disagree. I think Rey had diligently trained to an obvious elite level in the decade leading up to TFA... & the sword was a natural extension of her elite abilities with the staff.

The mind read thing always puzzles me how people don't get that. He opened up a portal between them. She was resisting at first & Kylo was having her way... but as the portal goes both wayz... she just realized that she could read Kylo's mind as well. at that point it's just a matter of looking. After that she understood the ability.

Nobody complained about Luke & Leia communicating below cloud city. They never did that before... but necessity called for it. leia heard Luke & just recognized it was real.

I think being an ELITE STAFF FIGHTER... certainly qualifies her to be able to pick a light saber up safely & swing it & block with it just as she would do with a staff.

Was that you earlier I said this too?... the main thing you're missing is that KYLO WAS TRYING TO RECRUIT HER. He was literally doing that as their swords crossed. He likely could've just killed her if he wanted to. He did not.

So he wanted her alive... he was also mortally wounded & mentally fucked over pops... & so he was way off his game- as far as to how Rey knocked him down soon after calling upon the force & taking over.
I suppose I had that bit of condensation coming... but sato masachism has never been the way of the Sith. it's mental pain that drives them.

Kylo hitting himself (as you claim :D) had to have been more about his focus on the effort to stay alive than anything else.

In the book it's explained that Kylo's wound would've killed anyone else... & that he was using a tremendous amount of the force just to hold it together while he tried to recruit Rey.

- I'm not talking about Rey resisting Kylo's mind probe. I'm talking about her suddenly being able to force Stormtrooper 007 to free her. Instinctively resisting what Kylo was trying to do is not the same as taking over another person's mind. Kylo was searching for information, not making her carry out physical actions. This is what pisses people off about Mary Sue Rey; she makes frankly ridiculous leaps in ability with no apparent effort. To use a martial art analogy, it's like teaching a white belt only how to arm bar someone, and expecting them to extrapolate from that one technique how to RNC, knee bar etc. And while we're on the subject...

- There is no direct correlation between proficiency with a staff and swordsmanship. They are two entirely different weapons, utilizing different body mechanics, ranges etc. The Samurai did not train with a Bo staff to make themselves better swordsmen. They trained with bokken and katana. If you took a master of Bojutsu and made him fight a Kendo master with shinai, he'd get besmirched. Hell, you only have to look at the first UFC's, when fighters who had trained extensively in striking could not transition effectively to grappling range. Again, this one of the most annoying aspects of the sequels: audiences are just expected to take Rey's incredible abilities at face value. Because we never see her earn her skills and powers. She's just that good, the movies tell us, and refuse to address how she able to effortlessly outclass people with years or even decades more experience and training than she has. Because, hey, The Force is Female, right?

- Kylo is the grandson of Vader. It's canon that Vader used the constant pain his cybernetic limbs and life-support suit caused him to strengthen his connection to the Dark Side. Indeed, Sideous gave Vader permission to redesign his suit to make more efficient and comfortable, but Vader preferred to wear a slightly out-dated form of armour and draw power from the discomfort it caused him. But even if we allow for his wound effecting him, and the emotional stress of murdering his own father, and that he was initially trying to recruit Mary Sue Rey rather than kill her...we're still left with the fact that she was able to defeat him not once but twice over two movies, plus kill Snoke's elite Pretorian Guard, with almost no formal training. I literally rolled my eyes when the trailer showed Emo and MSR fighting. Seriously? What's the fucking point? He has zero credibility as a threat. Compare and contrast Empire and Return; Luke, even after Yoda Training Camp, was curb-stomped by Vader in their first match. He was never in the fight. That means the return bout held real consequence. There is no such significance to the Emo vs MSR fight(s). It's not a question of if Mary Sue Rey will win, just how long it will take her to beat Emo Ren.

Even in those short instances Luke got more help and advice on the force and some history. More than Rey received.
Rey had been fighting for her life for a decade & training herself. You're completely ignoring that she was an Elite staff fighter...

Anakin had many failures at pod racing before he won

& that's it's perfectly reasonable that she took plenty of bumps & bruises along the way (just like Anakin did learning to pod race) & that over a decade she developed into a staff fighting ninja. Can you just recognize that please? Like can't you even imagine that as a possibility that she was living in a junk yard & had to work to make a living among people who would kill her for whatever part she found if she couldn't defend herself?

Rey doesn't seem to have any personality flaws nor any shortcomings in moral character.
Kylo called her a monster because she's so vicious.

If you're just pissed because they didn't show more flaws, then what's that even about?

Also Rey with no training what so ever beats a very powerful in his own right Kylo ren in a light saber duel and out forces him in the interrogation room. The shes just that powerful argument doesn't hold up.
She was an elite staff fighter.

The biggest flaw in your logic you are blantantly ignoring is that Kylo was literally telling he he wanted to train her while he was fighting her. Are you ignoring that conveniently?

Kylo was also mortally wounded & using most of his force abilities to keep himself alive & was mentally fucked from killing his dad.

Was your life in danger every day from age 6 to 18? Obviously not... have you ever felt like your life was in danger if you didn't train yourself to fight to the death? Did you grow up in a junk yard with criminals all around you?

Are you elite with any form of combat?

These are rhetorical questions because obviously that was Elite staff fighter Rey's situation... while you grew up in a more civilized society & it's my opinion that you haven't put your head into that side of the story. I don't mean that to condescend you, but it's crystal clear to me that she has very above average force in her just inherently, & that she had to channel that into defending herself... & used it to learn about ships because that was her trade.

She had to learn to fight for her life... & she obviously became elite in staff fighting. This is all right there in the movie.

She never has to earn a damn thing
You know by the way she had to self teach herself how to survive that she earned EVERYTHING. Stop whatever it is you're doing & just think about her situation for that last decade. Then think about your comment here. it just doesn't add up. Can you at least acknowledge that a little girl teaching herself about starship mechanics because she had to make a living is a pretty big thing she "earned."

Can you acknowledge the hours upon hours she put into learning to become an elite staff fighter? Read your comment again. It was all skills developed over a decade of hard work & dedication to staying alive while you were bitching at your mom because she asked you to do the dishes or fold laundry. did you have running water when you grew up? Rey didn't. She lived in a junk yard.
and they'll probably throw in some bull shit about her training as a child

OMG buddeh... that's obvious!!!

We will just never agree on this
That's fine if we don't agree, but you gotta get real about a force sensitive with natural abilities such as young anakin having to learn skills to survive.

I honestly can't believe you said that "they will throw in some bullshit about her training as a child"... OMG dude... do you even comprehend the situation she was in? She had no choice... & she trained herself. & it was all enhansed because she haz that young anakin level force running through her that allowed the little kid to not only build his own pod racer, but beat the champion with a sabotaged pod racer.

You gotta give that same level of enhansed learning to Rey as well. & Anakin didn't even have to. He was a well taken care of slave who just had to do whatever to please someone... & his mom was there in their little hut. Rey was all alone & her will to survive kicked in the force & she became elite at the things she needed to learn.

Shit like this is why I hate the sequels, they explain all of jack shit so nothing makes any damned sense and as the movies go on you just get more and more fucking questions that they fail at answering. It's completely shit writing, that only gets worse over time.
They're so bad.

Why is Han and Leia on the outs?

WTF happened to Rogue Squadron and Wedge?

Why is The Order looking like the Empire never, well, fell?

WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO THE FLEET FROM THE END OF RETURN OF THE JEDI?!

She is really powerful a lot more then a normal everyday Jedi. Clearly she is in that elite level Yoda, Palp, Mace, Anakin etc..

Her connection to Kylo from the interrogation scene they mind bonded shared experiences, info, this is how she got the Jedi trick.

Was also a fighter with her staff and she did looked awkward and just trying to defend at first only after she focused she went on the offensive with all them force whispers in her ear vs the injured Kylo in body (bow caster) and in his heart/mind cause he was weakened by the act of killing his father.

Yeah man, I am aware of these points I just don't find them satisfying or convincing.

I am fine with Rey winning the first duel. I am not fine with Rey blowing out a large group of Snoke's personal guardians.

I am fine with Rey being able to display great feats of the force, such as winning a tug-o-war for a lightsaber, or slowing down finding "teh zone". I am not fine with her demonstrating subtle and intricate powers like telepathy after having learned of her force sensitivity just a day or two prior.

Not every character can be written perfectly, and I think these are fair criticisms. Rey is a good character and the actor playing her does a great job.

It seems to be his thing though. I mean he was shook and ran from 2ft high Yoda like a pussy and then got picked up and flushed down a shaft like a Sunday morning turd by a dude who just had his hand cut off going out like a bitch was kind of his thing. He also killed his master in his sleep like a jilted lover.

Palpatine is a bitch

<{cum@me}>

This is the Skywalker saga not the Palpatine saga he's going to get his shit pushed in again.

Skywalkers for life bro.........I was like fuck Palpatine :D

w6BXqvT.png

Fuck you, Rebel Scum. <Bottle.gif>

My bro Sidious bitch-slapped Yoda so hard he ran away and hid his ass in a fucking swamp for nearly 20 years:) #MaketheEmpireGreatAgain

They're so bad.

Why is Han and Leia on the outs?

WTF happened to Rogue Squadron and Wedge?

Why is The Order looking like the Empire never, well, fell?

WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO THE FLEET FROM THE END OF RETURN OF THE JEDI?!

And that is just scratching the surface. The second movie is just one long chain of WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY strung together.

And that is just scratching the surface. The second movie is just one long chain of WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY strung together.
The disappearance of a named character that was the best starfighter pilot in the fucking galaxy in Wedge is the one that frustrates me the most. I know the actor wanted nothing to do with 7-9 but fuck me, couldn't they at least mention the dude in passing?

And Po or whateverthefuckhisname is, is leader of Red Squadron WHICH IS WHAT ROGUE SQUADRON WAS PRIOR TO EMPIRE STRIKES BACK!

Disney shoulda just taken the fucking Rogue Squadron books which included the conquest of the Imperial homeworld, and the Zsinj books and used those as a basis but NNNOOOO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back