Locked STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't say it has anything to do with one's personal enjoyment, however the sharp downward trend of these movies proves that you're the (very) vocal minority, not the other way around.

I don't think trying to influence people to go while also throwing insults at them is gonna help much though.
You have a fantastic way of twisting everything I say... & the resistance being the minority has a funny way of trying to make them seem like they are the majority. Cuter than a Babu Frik really.

That said, I will digress that I would like to see Ep. 9 do better than TLJ... and if it doesn't then I'll have a blue... blue... blue blue Christmas. :D:p:D

Not really

You have a fantastic way of twisting everything I say... & the resistance being the minority has a funny way of trying to make them seem like they are the majority. Cuter than a Babu Frik really.

That said, I will digress that I would like to see Ep. 9 do better than TLJ... and if it doesn't then I'll have a blue... blue... blue blue Christmas. :D:p:D

Not really

This is me this christmas, except my heart's not gonna grow 3 sizes.

Lol @ The Mandalorian being great. Like you have to not watch anything that's genuinely good(movie or tv) to believe that. Disney is a master at branding and marketing to have people defend their mediocre product so hard, I'll give them that. The whole reaction to the Scorsese/Marvel thing was really illuminating in particular.

Going back in time is often safer

The prequels did not undo Return's happy ending

This did
Not even that, g. The prequels had way better, and more interesting characters.

Last edited:
Not even that, g. The prequel had way better, and more interesting characters.

Man, that's a damning statement, but it's true.

Prequel Yoda was dog shit. Prequel Anakin was crap. Padme was crap. Mace Windu was dog shit. Grievous was junk. Jango Fett was a useless disappointment. Those Asian guys sucked. That Jewish flying thing was annoying. Jar Jar was the worst thing that could even be imagined in Star Wars...until I saw Holdo.

JJ and Rian have managed to make those clowns look good.

A bit off-topic, but I just got the 'De-Specialized Editions' of the original trilogy in the mail today, and currently watching Ep4 A New Hope.

It is impressive. This is exactly what fans wanted Disney to release after they bought Star Wars in 2012, and they never have. The original cuts of all three films as they were released in theaters in '77, '80, and '83.

Edited by fans who are also film editing professionals who restore old films.

I'll have to make a thread about it in the future, after I watch all three movies, their special features, and documentaries.

Nine freaking discs!

Star-Wars-Despecialized-Edition.png

Where?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-...bc8-4d7d-a793-a0024e2a975c#vi__app-cvip-panel

Expensive, but this is the 9-Disc Set that fans have always wanted for George Lucas or now Disney to release the theatrical cuts of all three movies.

1st Disc - 720P BluRay Disc Theatrical Cut
2nd Disc - Special Features
3rd Disc - Documentaries

Watching each movie over the last few days, I'm surprised what I originally thought was added into the '90s Special Editions that were original special effects of the theatrical cuts. They looked pretty damn good for that era of cinema. There was little need to add, or erase, anything.... and added CGI of the 90s Special Editions has aged BADLY... mostly.
(Personally, I like the Han/Jabba scene with Fett in the background.)

Anyway, for me, this was $80 well worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back