Locked STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The RLM guys were right years ago. It's just a creatively bankrupt franchise. Even The Mandalorian is just stealing Western tropes. As much as I want to like The Mandalorian, it's just not very good.
No, it isn't very good. It's great.

"Star Wars Episode 9: Pull it Out of Your Ass" is the worst Star Wars film I've ever seen. Including the prequels.

3/10

The only thing Abrahms really has a knack for is creating engaging Aliens who have about a minute of screen-time. And some cool but essentially empty images. Everything beyond that just falls apart. Its like he can't film over a minute of footage without losing the cohesion or tempo.
If you haven't seen it, I recommend not listening to closely to these. It's not great, but it's way better than TFA nd TLJ.

I wondered when I asked for some peace through the holidays if some of you resistance folks wouldn't be able to understand that simple request & try to turn this around on me. Some people actually have Familly & friends to focus on outside of Sherdog over the holidays. I don't have time to take on a dozen people twisting my words at once.

I'm discussing the fook out of this in a private PM with like minded people who aren't just there to hate & post fart memes. Who actually want to discuss Star Wars instead of discussing me. Just so you know... I have a lot to say about it. I have a rather large word document with notes where I've been working things out across 2 viewings so far. I just spent several hours on Wookieepedia yesterday tracing down interesting thoughts & then discussing it with my friends. That's the stuff I enjoy doing. Talking with you about me.... & how you're twisting my words is exactly what I'm trying to avoid.

This is what I'm talking about you twisting my words.

I think I said something along the lines of me waiting till after the holidays will give you guys some time to consolidate your gripes. It was an after-thought... but the reason I'm not engaging atm is because it's Christmas weekend... that other thing was a side thought. There's a birthday coming up the following weekend, & then New Years, & I just don't want to wallow in the mud by listening to you guys complain about something I love over the holidays that I plan on thoroughly enjoying.

I know how these convos go... & you're already talking shit... & there's a dozen of you... so I'll be bombarded with a dozen people taking shit to me at once & twisting my words & intentions & I just don't want to start all that right now. maybe you haven't thought about this from my pov?

As soon as I do that, you dozen haters who have been haunting me for the last 2 years will start tagging me left & right & it will go on for likely a week... & then our resident Alheimer's commentator @Doüche Hand Luke will start chiming in & talking shit without tagging me, & then I'm going to have a pissing contest with him... & the whole effort is just going to put a dark blanket over my Holidayz. I don't mind doing all that later... but just not now.

See, Chicken... right on queue. He's already talking shit just because you started talking shit about me. Now I've got 2 of you giving me a hard time & I haven't even engaged yet.

It's bullshit like this that I'm trying to avoid. If I ever said anything even close to that, it was a joke. So link me or it didn't happen. I can tell you now that outside of when I'm obviously joking... I always speak my truth & so 100% I know that's not my truth... & so I know that I have never said anything like that on a serious level.

...and I try to make sure my jokes are obvious, so don't try & twist that on me either. Quote me where you think my violation was or drop it... cause I already know what you're saying is not true.

Once again you're twisting what I said. I said that I'm not trying to think about that atm. I then gave one quick example off the top of my head & then moved on while asking you guys to please give me some space through the holidays.

I''m not even sure you critically minded people realize that you not only peak behind the curtain of cinema. You're stuck behind it. I don't think many of you even have the ability to take in a movie at face value without thinking about production stuff, CGI, writers, directors etc... By contrast, I like to take in movies at face value without thinking about any of that stuff. Then if it's a big movie like this, I'll watch it a few times & in the later viewings I might start taking in that pov... but right now I'm not trying to do that & nothing is hitting me atm that seems like it's apposing anything I saw in TLJ

Lets say that someone 50 years from now wants to watch this trilogy & they have no knowledge about the director situation, Disney's accusation, the SJW movement the resistance is strangely obsessed with... etc... & they know nothing about different writers... they just watch the movie at face value without "peaking behind the curtain." It's my belief that most of your concerns about "walking back" or JJ changing what Rian did... wouldn't even be noticed.

I feel like more than anything, it was the 2 years between... that creates this illusion. iow... lets take Snoke for an example. If that same person mentioned above is doing this trilogy as a marathon... they get their answer as to who he was like an hour later after he was killed.... so it's not that big of a deal. By contrast, the resistance has been endlessly bitching about Snoke being the main villian & dying untriumphantly for the last 2 years, & so it's been enhanced & blown out of proportion. Now that they explained him in what was about 5 seconds of cinema time... you guys are insisting it's been retconned (I'm assuming that's one of your gripes) while KK is saying that Palps coming back was in the plan the whole time.

You twisted what I said in this post, and you are not understanding that I'm not trolling you when I say that I don''t defend Star Wars.

Somebody who exaggerates their pov & enjoys talking shit might not understand it when a well intentioned person like myself who speaks his honest truth, is just taking other people's comments that he disagrees with & then countering it with his truth. That is not "defending"... that is "discussing." This is a discussion forum designed for such things.

Savvy?

Now if you're going to twist MY WORDS... & talk about me instead of Star Wars... then yes I may come right out & tell you that you are wrong, & I have every right to do so. In fact, I've got a the perfect meme to describe everything you've said about me in this post.

kermit-everything-you-just-said-is-wrong-jpg.698011

Try to have a Merry Christmas, & quit giving me such a hard time over the holidays. I've listened to the Resistance & commented more than almost anyone from the support side, & been in the trenches doing this for 2 years. I've done my time enough to be able to see where we're headed if I start discussing this movie with you people. One of my budz in the PM I'm in where we are discussing the fook out of this, said that he came in here & it was just as toxic as ever... so my resolve to put off being exposed to that is not blind.

I think the resistance is going to come at me with a lot of petty concerns, & we're going to contrast our opinions, & then Lewk is going to piss me off, & me & @Mr. Clippington will probably argue a bit before we hug it out, & you're going to twist my words & intentions around just like you are in this post & it's going to take a lot of my time that I'd rather not engage in through the holidays.

Can you just take what I'm saying at face value for once & believe me when I say I just don't want to be ballz deep in these discussions through the holidayz? Does that even compute with you? It may seem like just a few zingers here & there to you, but the resistance has effectively had every Star Wars thread hijacked for the last 2 years. There's at least a dozen folks like you that will start coming at me once I start engaging... so perhaps you don't understand the commitment it will take for me to start discussing the movie with you guys... maybe now you do though. Maybe now you can understand why I want to hold off these kinds of discussionz till after the holidays.

downloader.php

I just can't bring myself to see this at the theater.

Any reason in particular you tagged me in your post?

I thought you were of like kind in some SW discussions we had had.

Awesome! Hope y'all enjoy this thrill ride of a movie!!!

Hmm...
  • what time did you see it "your time" on a Sunday before Christmas? (just saying, I got my 2 initial viewingz out of the way before Christmas weekend for the very reason that I would be doing fam time this weekend.)
  • Are you in a city? If not, then how many people live in the town where your theater is.
  • What kind of theater? (regular, Imax, Dolby, cinema cafe)

In my city'z main theater, I did Dolby opening night at 6 p.m. to a packed house outside of the first few rows & very outer edges... & the same theater fill on Imax at 9:30 a.m. the next morning. 12:40 was equally as booked.

Thanks it was great. Could nit pick here and there but no reason too we enjoyed it overall and had a great time.

Large Cinema in a very busy mall (it has 24 screens and one of the busiest theaters in my area of North East Houston)

Mall was packed like crazy but the Cinema over all seemed pretty empty which I was trying to get to a showing early enough for that but it was even emptier than expected.

We saw the 1:10 pm showing, 10:30 am was the earliest showing of the day.

It had imax and 3D available etc. we saw the Dolby standard one due to show time.

Might go back for an IMAX second viewing later in the week

Listen I enjoyed this new movie because it felt like Star Wars and def has tons of soul but let’s be honest it was a pacing mess.

Too much stuff going on. Only a contrarian would think otherwise. It was just too much for one film.
It truely could have been 2 films but it worked well for what it needed to accomplish

On my way back from watching: good experience overall. Some stupid stuff, but lots of things were well done and I did not see the plot twist coming. Ridley and Driver really stepped up for this one.

Really wish Rian Johnson hadn't wasted the middle chapter with an essentially pointless movie. JJ should have done them all and expanded upon all the things he only got to briefly touch in this movie.

7/10 for me.

Quit being a pussy and giving money to a corporation that does not value it's acquired product or the fans.
I don't understand.

They've provided exquisite entertainment for all us people who aren't casuals... why would I not reward them.

Those opening weekends numbers have you shook
Haha... nice try, but I'm not even aware of what they are. What does ticket salez have to do with my personal enjoyment of the film? (outside of the 2 that I've bought & the 2 more in my immediate future.)

I don't understand.

They've provided exquisite entertainment for all us people who aren't casuals... why would I not reward them.
I’m glad we saw this in the Theater.

We really enjoyed it.

I know we wholeheartedly disagree on TLJ but I’m glad it didn’t persuade us into not seeing this in the theater.

Future generations can just skip TLJ the way they flow honestly.

You could completely skip TLJ and not be lost.

Go straight from TFA to TROS and be fine imo.

Just finished watching it.

I was entertained. Was this a good movie? Besides the action and handful of genuine character moments, no. But it didn't put me to sleep and offend me like TLJ.

Haha... nice try, but I'm not even aware of what they are. What does ticket salez have to do with my personal enjoyment of the film? (outside of the 2 that I've bought & the 2 more in my immediate future.)
I didn't say it has anything to do with one's personal enjoyment, however the sharp downward trend of these movies proves that you're the (very) vocal minority, not the other way around.

I don't think trying to influence people to go while also throwing insults at them is gonna help much though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back