• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Locked STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear people who don't like the movie

Please don't diminish our thoughts with these type of posts and choose your words more carefully

Kathleen Kennedy is not our friend, I know, but that was a bit much

This is why ppl who don't like the movie are called sexist assholes.

Our opinions are genuine until tarnished with this kind of talk

I wouldn’t clap cheeks with Kathleen Kennedy but I would definitely beat her cheeks.

Originally I was just pissed about the way he died and we never got a Luke, Han, and Leia reunion. I felt like Ford did a lot to carry TFA. Wasn't a fan him being dropped unceremoniously into a pit, it was a shitty way for his character to go out IMO. Kinda would have been nicer if he got more of a Qui-Gon death with a funeral pyre.

As far as his legacy goes I heard some arguments that swayed me. He regressed from his original character arc. He went from a self serving smuggler (with the exception of Chewy) to a selfless General in the Rebellion, only to revert back. He was a failure as a husband, a failure to the New Republic, and most of all a failure as a Father. His kid became Space Hilter and blew up 5 planets killing billions, while he's busy paling around with Chewy. Sure he gets involved again due to the plot and Rey just so happening to have the Falcon, but making him a smuggler again while his son is basically the new Vader and leaving Leia to clean up the mess is a real shitty look.

Well, when you put it like that, I agree with that too.
<mma4>

Then tell me where else in the movies it shows Luke getting more training.

It's safe to assume that Obi Wan was helping him in the time between a new hope and empire. Because the movies set up clearly that force ghost can at the very least share knowledge and interact with living beings. Second, since the base is on Hoth and not Dantooine on could assume that a lot has happened between the first two movies. This means Luke had time to practice with his light saber and in his abilities with the force. Thirdly he's meets up with yoda for what could be a few days to weeks of extra training. And yet none of this was enough to match vader on equal terms. Also he grew up on a dessert shit hole like Rey. And him one shotting the death star although a bit far fetched, is explained to some extent given that Luke himself mentions that he can hit womprats with his T16 on Tatooine. Rey, na she can just pick up a light saber and beat a powerful force user no prior training before hand. even an injured Kylo should have wiped the floor with her, even if his intent wasn't to kill her.

It's safe to assume that Obi Wan was helping him in the time between a new hope and empire. Because the movies set up clearly that force ghost can at the very least share knowledge and interact with living beings. Second, since the base is on Hoth and not Dantooine on could assume that a lot has happened between the first two movies. This means Luke had time to practice with his light saber and in his abilities with the force. Thirdly he's meets up with yoda for what could be a few days to weeks of extra training. And yet none of this was enough to match vader on equal terms. Also he grew up on a dessert shit hole like Rey. And him one shotting the death star although a bit far fetched, is explained to some extent given that Luke himself mentions that he can hit womprats with his T16 on Tatooine. Rey, na she can just pick up a light saber and beat a powerful force user no prior training before hand. even an injured Kylo should have wiped the floor with her, even if his intent wasn't to kill her.

The OT explained the training and reasons for how the character developed MUCH better than this new trilogy with Ray

To try and diminish the OT and pick it apart to make the new movie look better is a perfect example how the new movie is destroying the classics

You literally have to make the past look worse to help the new movies stand up on their own

Instead of giving the new stuff justification, we're talking about how the old stuff might be flawed too ... when it wasn't even close

Dear people who don't like the movie

Please don't diminish our thoughts with these type of posts and choose your words more carefully

Kathleen Kennedy is not our friend, I know, but that was a bit much

This is why ppl who don't like the movie are called sexist assholes.

Our opinions are genuine until tarnished with this kind of talk

Um...that's after I toned it down considerably. You should have read my first draft...:oops:

Um...that's after I toned it down considerably. You should have read my first draft...:oops:

At least you submitted a second draft

You've already exceeded Rain Johnson's writing skills

But seriously this stuff does make us look bad

The OT explained the training and reasons for how the character developed MUCH better than this new trilogy with Ray

To try and diminish the OT and pick it apart to make the new movie look better is a perfect example how the new movie is destroying the classics

You literally have to make the past look worse to help the new movies stand up on their own

Instead of giving the new stuff justification, we're talking about how the old stuff might be flawed too ... when it wasn't even close

That's my problem with the new trilogy, ithey don't get the material. Like the It's not about just lifting rocks thing from Luke. Only to end the movie with her just lifting rocks. Btw Luke was fucking training a lot longer than Rey and he had difficulty grabbing his light saber in the wampa cave, and lifting and stacking rocks in empire. He couldn't lift his X wing even after at the very least a few years of training. Nope Rey fucking force grabs a light saber from at least 20 yards way. And that's with Kylo trying to grab it from her! WTF. Luke has to focus hard to just grab it from a few feet. It seems as though the writers haven't seen the OT or they just don't respect the rules and continuity of this universe. Anakin fucking sky walker was born of the fucking force and even he needed to train before he was able to force grab and use a light saber. Granted he could pilot pod racers and star fighters. Even I had a problem with that though to be fair.

All I get from this trilogy is the vibe that its run by a broad that has no interest nor respect for the source material or fanbase that comes along with it. And it's directed by people that are afraid to challenge the agenda. I'm all for female heroes, when theyre written well and earn the payoffs. Rey is bland and boring. No matter how hard they want to label any naysayers as sexist pigs.

Its never discussed how much time he got to train with yoda but he still lost. Theres not an explaniation on how much time went by from 5 to 6 but luke kept training obviously vastly huge differences in story telling youre over looking
There have been in-depth discussions on how long he would have been there because the falcon had no hyperdrive etc something like 3-6 months. I can’t remeber right now but it wasn’t days.

That's my problem with the new trilogy, ithey don't get the material. Like the It's not about just lifting rocks thing from Luke. Only to end the movie with her just lifting rocks. Btw Luke was fucking training a lot longer than Rey and he had difficulty grabbing his light saber in the wampa cave, and lifting and stacking rocks in empire. He couldn't lift his X wing even after at the very least a few years of training. Nope Rey fucking force grabs a light saber from at least 20 yards way. And that's with Kylo trying to grab it from her! WTF. Luke has to focus hard to just grab it from a few feet. It seems as though the writers haven't seen the OT or they just don't respect the rules and continuity of this universe. Anakin fucking sky walker was born of the fucking force and even he needed to train before he was able to force grab and use a light saber. Granted he could pilot pod racers and star fighters. Even I had a problem with that though to be fair.

All I get from this trilogy is the vibe that its run by a broad that has no interest nor respect for the source material or fanbase that comes along with it. And it's directed by people that are afraid to challenge the agenda. I'm all for female heroes, when theyre written well and earn the payoffs. Rey is bland and boring. No matter how hard they want to label any naysayers as sexist pigs.

When Mark Hammel read the script and saw the light saber flies across when fighting Kylo he got all excited thinking YES Luke catches the saber!

Yep it was Ray

Mark had to keep reading the script to see when he shows up .... at the very very end

He must have thought he was being punked

There have been in-depth discussions on how long he would have been there because the falcon had no hyperdrive etc something like 3-6 months. I can’t remeber right now but it wasn’t days.

And I believe it's about 3 years between a new hope and empire.

When Mark Hammel read the script and saw the light saber flies across when fighting Kylo he got all excited thinking YES Luke catches the saber!

Yep it was Ray

Mark had to keep reading the script to see when he shows up .... at the very very end

He must have thought he was being punked

They did that dude dirty with this trilogy. The hero lived long enough to become irrelevant and pitiful. A person with as much enthusiasm for this story and its characters deserved better. A wasted opportunity if you ask me. Lukes return could given us something truly special.

They did that dude dirty with this trilogy. The hero lived long enough to become irrelevant and pitiful. A person with as much enthusiasm for this story and its characters deserved better. A wasted opportunity if you ask me. Lukes return could given us something truly special.

But how would Ray look good unless they make Luke look bad?

She would pale in comparison to a Jedi master

he has to be a jedi homeless douche bag

This is modern writing

Last Jedi reminds me of the middle Matrix movie : Matrix Reloaded

Nothing really happens in the movie
Possibly the most underdeveloped villain in cinema history gets chopped..(Snoke).
<{you!}>

To think they were hyping him up to be more powerful than Vader and Palpatine..

I'm surprised that there are people in here who liked the movie

They really did luke a dirty in the TLJ dude was a can. I really hope he is redeemed in this film , but I'm not bringing my hopes up. I'll be watching this only because its Starwars, the only SW movie I didnt watch in theaters was SOLO.

Possibly the most underdeveloped villain in cinema history gets chopped..(Snoke).
<{you!}>

To think they were hyping him up to be more powerful than Vader and Palpatine..

I feel like Rain Johnson was watching all the speculation on many things and wanted to fuck with people

He's a secret super troll

People spending years speculating on snoke

Rain: Naw he's dead, fuck you, no questions ever answered

People going who ray related to?

Rain: She's nobody fuck you
which is easy to go back in in the next movie, but I know Rain is legit wanting her to be nothing

Luke taking the light saber and tossing it at the opening its the biggest one

Two years of waiting for what is luke going to do and he tosses the saber, flips off the audience and locks himself in his room like a little girl until Chewey knocks his door down. Then he spends the rest of the movie being scared of the darkside

These aren't clever subversions - they are an asshole's vision of a beloved franchise

And he's pulling these subversions just for personal kicks

He's the worlds biggest super troll to end all trolls and someone let him make a movie!!!!!

I feel like Rain Johnson was watching all the speculation on many things and wanted to fuck with people

He's a secret super troll

People spending years speculating on snoke

Rain: Naw he's dead, fuck you, no questions ever answered

People going who ray related to?

Rain: She's nobody fuck you
which is easy to go back in in the next movie, but I know Rain is legit wanting her to be nothing

Luke taking the light saber and tossing it at the opening its the biggest one

Two years of waiting for what is luke going to do and he tosses the saber, flips off the audience and locks himself in his room like a little girl until Chewey knocks his door down. Then he spends the rest of the movie being scared of the darkside

These aren't clever subversions - they are an asshole's vision of a beloved franchise

And he's pulling these subversions just for personal kicks

He's the worlds biggest super troll to end all trolls and someone let him make a movie!!!!!

There were so many clever ways to take the direction here and he made people waste their time contemplating and discussing fun ideas to provide THIS to us

It's a literal fuck you to anyone who is a fan of this stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakedboy
Back