• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Locked STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've said this twice now & this will be a 3rd time. So please stop making me repeat myself.

I said that it is very clear in the movie for Ep. 7 that Rey led a hard life... & was in a dangerous environment where she had to self teach defense in order to survive. FROM THE MOVIE ALONE... it is very clear that Rey had done her homework.

I lead a hard life too

But I'm not about to walk into the UFC and win belts without proper training

You should contact Disnee cause I hear they have multiple endings made and are trying to pick which to go with

Test screening multiple audiences and trying to determine which pisses people off the least

Maybe this is one of the endings. I'm also on board.

As a big fan of Palps and not a fan of pretty much everyone else left.

As long as completely wipes the floor with every new character i'm on board! Hell why not bring fucking vader back to this complete stripping of OT.

I do not. I don't know about you, but I've only seen 2/3rds of the story.
Really? Like how Luke got 1 day of training from Obi... & 2 months of training from Yoda & rolls into Ep. 6 declaring himself a jedi & beating vader in lightsaber combat.

At least in Ep. 7 you understand that Rey had been fighting for her survival for a decade & taught herself staff combat to protect herself. You clearly see that she has elite abilities she had developed by necessity when her boss tried to rob her.

Luke grew up on blue milk & a silver spoon with his bodyguard Obi protecting him. Next thing you know, he's the most powerful being in the universe outside of Sidious... who we all just assumed was powerful because he was ominous & nobody fucked with him.

Its never discussed how much time he got to train with yoda but he still lost. Theres not an explaniation on how much time went by from 5 to 6 but luke kept training obviously vastly huge differences in story telling youre over looking

He got a hell of a lot more training than Ray did

He at least got SOMETHING

It's also safe to assume that Luke did stuff between Empire and Jedi

Wasn't on his couch

Ray was ridiculously powerful from wandering around the desert looking at stuff?

Just because youre ok with alot of dumb stuff you should know that people arent assuming like you. That film had so much bad writing in it i could write an essay on all the horrible shit in it and yes she beat luke. whether you assume he could of done something she beat him. A novice with no training beat luke
21jnvl.jpg

I've heard a rumour they filmed as many as six alternate endings and are desperately trying to figure out which one to go with.

They wouldn't fucking have to do that if they had a game plan and decent story figured out before they even started shooting.

I accept that Palpatine has to lose. No way JJ has the balls to finish the whole saga with the Sideous triumphant. But for fuck's sake, give the Emperor the respect he's due. Have Palpatine beat the living shit out of Rey before Emo Ren charges in to save her. Palpatine kills Emo but Mary Sue Rey seizes the chance to sucker-punch him while he's distracted.

Rey beating the Emperor one on one? Go fuck yourselves, JJ and Kennedy.

This stopped me dead in my tracks

We're talking about the nephew scene light saber clash flashback? Where Luke actually tried to kill Ken?

You're saying Luke 100% knew back then that Hans was going to die? And he immediately grieved so there was no need to grieve again or attempt to stop this from happening?

All he had to do after leaving the bedroom was call Hans or send an eagle to tell him to GTFO of the galaxy

Or even a mental telegram - fuck, the guy can project himself across the universe

You just made Luke look muuuuuch worse :(
You're twisting everything I said.

I'd like to be very clear that Luke's response was enough for me.

You don't even have to play the video... Look at the look in Luke's eye. That says enough right there.

People are just pissed that the extended footage didn't make it into the movie.

In addition to that... I speculated that Luke wasn't as surprised & taken off guard about it as those people expected because he might have seen what Kylo was going to do through visions.

Not even the hardest skeptic can refute the fact that Luke saw Kylo do some bad shit. & it's not that far of a stretch to think that vision was racing through Luke's head as he sat there glossy eyed staring at Rey & Chewiee's morbid body reactions.

Not that I don't agree with almost all of your post, but how did they fuck Han's legacy up?

Originally I was just pissed about the way he died and we never got a Luke, Han, and Leia reunion. I felt like Ford did a lot to carry TFA. Wasn't a fan him being dropped unceremoniously into a pit, it was a shitty way for his character to go out IMO. Kinda would have been nicer if he got more of a Qui-Gon death with a funeral pyre.

As far as his legacy goes I heard some arguments that swayed me. He regressed from his original character arc. He went from a self serving smuggler (with the exception of Chewy) to a selfless General in the Rebellion, only to revert back. He was a failure as a husband, a failure to the New Republic, and most of all a failure as a Father. His kid became Space Hilter and blew up 5 planets killing billions, while he's busy paling around with Chewy. Sure he gets involved again due to the plot and Rey just so happening to have the Falcon, but making him a smuggler again while his son is basically the new Vader and leaving Leia to clean up the mess is a real shitty look.

I've said this twice now & this will be a 3rd time. So please stop making me repeat myself.

I said that it is very clear in the movie for Ep. 7 that Rey led a hard life... & was in a dangerous environment where she had to self teach defense in order to survive. FROM THE MOVIE ALONE... it is very clear that Rey had done her homework.

{<jordan}

So brawling with thugs on a shitty, back-water planet allows Mary Sue Rey to defeat the second most powerful Dark Side user in the Galaxy the first time she picks up a Light Sabre?

<YeahOKJen>

MSR beat Emo Ren because that retarded, ugly cunt Kathleen Kennedy wanted a feminist hero at any cost. Narrative logic and dramatic tension be damned: "The Force is female".

Originally I was just pissed about the way he died and we never got a Luke, Han, and Leia reunion. I felt like Ford did a lot to carry TFA. Wasn't a fan him being dropped unceremoniously into a pit, it was a shitty way for his character to go out IMO. Kinda would have been nicer if he got more of a Qui-Gon death with a funeral pyre.

You're right, I'm trying to remember now

After Hans fell in the pit ... was that really it? Did they even give him any tribute or moment to reflect on the loss

damn

{<jordan}

So brawling with thugs on a shitty, back-water planet allows Mary Sue Rey to defeat the second most powerful Dark Side user in the Galaxy the first time she picks up a Light Sabre?

<YeahOKJen>

MSR beat Emo Ren because that retarded, ugly cunt Kathleen Kennedy wanted a feminist hero at any cost. Narrative logic and dramatic tension be damned: "The Force is female".
Skill with metal pipe, automatically translates to lightsaber..
<TheWire1>

You're right, I'm trying to remember now

After Hans fell in the pit ... was that really it? Did they even give him any tribute or moment to reflect on the loss

damn

I don't recall haven't seen the movie in years. I remember people were upset that Leia hugged Rey when she found out Han died (she knew Han what 24 hours?) instead of Chewy, the same Chewy that walked by Leia like nothing happened. It's like the people that made these movies didn't know a thing about Star Wars, from the characters, to the force, to the physics.

{<jordan}

<YeahOKJen>

I don't get that line of thinking with TLJ fans.

Luke was getting his shit pushed in by wampas in the empire strikes back. Which isn't just a few days removed from the previous film. Some time has passed between the two films. Thus it's not a stretch to think Luke has been doing whatever training is possible with Bens ghost to help him along the way. Luke grew up on a dessert shithole just like Rey, yet he's not fucking fighting Vader to a draw even after yoda helps him out. That's the fucking difference between luke and Rey. Luke took his losses, he grew from whiney kid to a full fledged bad ass. Reys only mistake so far was trusting Kylo, and it still worked out for her, snoke got one shotted and she saves the day on Krate.

And that pic of the force is female shirts was all I needed to see to confirm my feelings about TLJ and this trilogy as a whole.

Dear people who don't like the movie

Please don't diminish our thoughts with these type of posts and choose your words more carefully

Kathleen Kennedy is not our friend, I know, but that was a bit much

This is why ppl who don't like the movie are called sexist assholes.

Our opinions are genuine until tarnished with this kind of talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakedboy
Back