Star Wars Megathread

The point about ROTJ and the difference in Luke "snapping" is I think a good and honest one, how much time and skill that film invests in building up to that moment compared to TLJ rather than simply "Leia being his weakness".. The difference between simply stating a characters motivation and building drama effectivenly on screen.

here you go, a nice simple short reply.

As I've stated many times... is that is your opinion it's not enough... but the lead up in TLJ to Luke snapping is clearly in the movie from 2 or 3 different scenes & so that's not in question. we just disagree about whether more was needed for effect. (your last statement above) That's fine for us to disagree.

What my retort was about was how you said I made it out to be a requirement that you had to read the novel. I literally said "It's all in the movie" & your retort was "so what you're saying is I had to read the novel."

So you see our conversation is not as simple as you're now trying to make it out to be & you're every bit a part of why it's getting drug out.

Holy shit you can add sensitive Nancy to the list because you are one.

The movies were dog shit. They were bad ideas that have no ended in dead ends and cancelations. Their main purpose was to INCREASE merch sales, instead they've decreased merch sales. Basically everything that the producers had set out to do, they failed at doing. They tore their audience apart. What fucking good has resulted from these 3 movies?

Can you like em? Sure. Were they bad ideas? Yup.
Teh fook is a Nancy?

Don't you find it fun that he said I'm the only one doing "repeated aggressive exchanges" & then I supplied a list of almost 2 dozen of your lot insulting us?

I understand you don't like having a buck in here standing up to your bullying, but you especially should be ashamed of how you approached that nice person just wanting to tell everyone how much he liked the sequels & you just jumped all over him. Sux when someone does that to you?

200.gif

Last edited:
Teh fook is a Nancy?

Don't you find it fun that he said I'm the only one calling people names & then I supplied a list of almost 2 dozen of your lot insulting us?

I understand you don't like having a buck in here standing up to your bullying, but you especially should be ashamed of how you approached that nice person just wanting to tell everyone how much he liked the sequels & you just jumped all over him. Sux when someone does that to you?

200.gif

No sane person actually thinks the sequels are any good. I applaud your dedication to trolling tho.

"There's no source material. We don't have comic books. We don't have 800-page novels. We don't have anything other than passionate storytellers who get together and talk about what the next iteration might be."

IF TRUE......
Favereau completely blowing holes through Kennedy's statement about having nothing to work with. More like no source materials that tell the narrative we're trying to shape here at Woke Wars.

I feel like an Action/RPG (with some platform elements) Ahsoka game set post ROTJ could be cool. Her acrobatic style lends itself well to that format. Come to think of it, I'd include Clone Wars era stuff too, either as flashbacks, unlockables, or DLC. Anyone else see potential in this idea?

"There's no source material. We don't have comic books. We don't have 800-page novels. We don't have anything other than passionate storytellers who get together and talk about what the next iteration might be."

IF TRUE......
Favereau completely blowing holes through Kennedy's statement about having nothing to work with. More like no source materials that tell the narrative we're trying to shape here at Woke Wars.

Fav is flexing like he's untouchable right now and I like it.

Fav is flexing like he's untouchable right now and I like it.
I'm pretty sure he is, at least until some ST twat decides to try and go the cancel culture route with him.

The majority likes them.

You're just too used to your echo chamber.

Nope. They are bad films. By any measure. What did Rey ever overcome? Did she ever struggle? LoL.

Garbage.

And profits nosedived. People said fuck off.

Nope. They are bad films. By any measure. What did Rey ever overcome? Did she ever struggle? LoL.

Garbage.

You're aware that "your opinion" is different from "fact" yeah?

If your answer is no & that your opinion is teh be all end all of all discussionz then you may as well go fuck yourself, because you're way more into yourself than anyone else is. :D

<GinJuice>
iu

This "did she ever struggle" is a strange criteria to lay out as a template for what makes a good or bad movie. It's like you're saying that if the main character in a movie didn't struggle then it's not a good movie.

That said... if you didn't recognize Rey's struggle then you're just flaming imo... & because my opinion is the be all end all of any discussion, that makes you wrong.
iu

iu

@One MMA Fan
Would you be so kind as to present a collage of fotoz representing Rey's struggle?

Last edited:
Back