Star Wars Megathread

I would love it if Johnson killed Luke a second time in his trilogy.

Bigger alien titty.

I for one love the character of Rey she is my fav from the new trilogy.

SatisfiedFirstAsiansmallclawedotter-small.gif

Rey.gif

tenor.gif

Flat, thin lips, no ass, and no character development. A shallow attempt to replace Luke. Fuck Rey.

Did you enjoy any of the new movies ?

Honestly yes, I enjoyed Ep7 and Rogue One on first viewings, with my brain turned off.

But upon second viewings its quite obvious how lazy they are in every aspect of development but Directing, Cinematography, and Special Effects.

They're BEAUTIFUL to look at, but those three aspects of movie production being good and everything else being horrible is like sprinkles on a shit sundae.

Did you enjoy any of the new series ?

Yes, the Mandolorian has been good, but only because the standard for quality in Star Wars is so low. Its good, but could have been great.

If so say thank you to KK for the ones you did like. It is only fair, curse at her for the dislikes all you want but also give praise for the likes. That is all I'm saying, have the bigger picture and strive for balance.

Now do President Trump.

From my understanding many EU books aren't exactly best sellers and was iffy on if it should still be canon or not. Clearly they didn't value them enough to keep it all instead deciding to wipe the board clean and cherry pick ideas as they see fit. Good or bad.. it is the road they/she went with.

No one expected the EU books to be adapted into films, but they could have been the backbone for what the sequel trilogy could have been... picking from the best bits, characters, and plotlines from dozens of novels to truly make a great trilogy... and eventually their own Cinematic Universe like Marvel.

And yes, they consistently made the NYT best seller lists.

I do agree that her words could have been better picked and suited for the situation, not her best day at the office in that interview but I do get the point she was making that you can't really compare the MCU with SW. One was built by a solid backbone of comics and one was built by big screen movies.

And comics, books, and merchandise is what kept Star Wars popular throughout the 80s and especially the 90s when the novels really became popular. Look up the sales figures for Heir of the Empire when it was first released, they had to go through several reprintings.

The fact she had no idea of the popularity of the EU when she was put in charge of LucasFilm is pure ignorance of her responsibility.

I think Luke’s appearance in Mando doubled down on the sequel trilogy

Hear me out! Luke comes in and tells Mando “I will give my life to protect the child”

So at some point we speculate, Grogu must die? As Ben wiped out all of Luke’s students, except a handful that Ben took for his Knights

And his speech in TLJ, forget the exact words, but basically I was supposed to succeed because I’m Luke Skywalker, jedi knight.

This failure, losing Ben, his sister and good friend’s son, and...Grogu. Soul crushing to a man. I’m done, going off to live in exile

Could be wrong, just my drunken thoughts

Seriously, I’m 9ish beers in tonight. Gonna watch Mando now, and whine about cgi Luke next

Fucking Kathleen Kennedy, give us a good CGI Luke

Last edited:
Flat, thin lips, no ass, and no character development. A shallow attempt to replace Luke. Fuck Rey.

I disagree sir :)

Also no one is replacing Luke imo.

PS: The world is big out there you can find your go to big booty, big boobs, big lips celebrity to go gaga over so no real issue that Daisy doesn't pass your beauty requirements.

Daisy-Ridley-16.jpeg

daisy-ridley_2695_19_hot.jpg

Daisy-Ridley-5.jpeg

Daisy-Ridley-18.jpeg

Daisy-Ridley-40.jpeg

Daisy-Ridley-42.jpeg

Daisy-Ridley-41.jpeg

People taking that to mean she didn't understand the EU was there for storyline ideas... are taking what she said out of context.

She said it in an interview after the Game of Thrones producers announced they were leaving their announced project with LucasFilm. She threw some shade in their direction by saying "we don't have any source material,' implying their show was only good because they had books to adapt.

She had no idea how much that statement would blow up in her face.

So, to correct you, we know the complete context of her statement.

You're either trolling or you're just KK bashing by continuing this propaganda because I've seen you post rather intelligent things on the dog & so I would assume you have actually read the interview she said that in & you know that she was speaking in a way to say that they were writing a new story.
Asked and answered.

And don't bother with the pigeonhole debate strategy. "Everyone that disagrees with me is either (A) or (B)."

I could do the same to you... "Everyone that loves Kathleen Kennedy wants women in powerful positions no matter how incompetent they are in those positions or has no standard of quality so they'll swallow every pound of shit shoveled into their mouths and smile afterwards!"
She even said that many movies are made from books, but they were not making a movie based on a book. They were writing something new... that was wide open. That is the proper context of those words she spoke.

She said it in this interview with Rolling Stone.

https://www.rollingstone.com/featur...rview-rise-skywalker-future-star-wars-912393/

"Jurassic World director Colin Trevorrow was slated to write and direct Episode IX before you brought J.J. Abrams back in. Is this final entry in the trilogy a particularly hard nut to crack?"

"Every one of these movies is a particularly hard nut to crack. There’s no source material. We don’t have comic books. We don’t have 800-page novels."

You can ignore the fact this statement was less than 3 weeks after David & Dan publicly cancelled their deal to make a Star Wars movie, which was just one example of directors leaving Star Wars projects during Kennedy's tenure as LucasFilm President.

And no, there isn't any '800 page Star Wars novels.' That was an indirect insult to David and Dan because they're famous for adapting 800 page Game of Thrones novels.

I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt here that your not just a fucking moron who doesn't understand context & giving you a chance to admit that you're just flaming on her & purposefully taking her words out of context for sport. You could even admit that you never read the original interview & you're just flaming along with the rest of the haters. That's fine... but don't come back regurgitating this embarrassing lack of understanding of context now that I've explained it to you. You're better than that. Look it up if you don't believe me. She even reference that many movies were made from books ffs. This is easy to understand.

I've proved I know more about the situation than you.

So...
tenor.gif

I just finished The Mandalorian and really enjoyed it, though Luke moment was a little anti climatic imo, Kind of expected it.

I get you, and understand. But don’t forget, when she took over, she was involved with Rebels, Clone Wars as well.

Rebels was mostly crap with some occasional good parts.

She cancelled Clone Wars.

We have good shows to look forward to, Mando has set the bar. Watching the round tables with the directors for the Mando series just shows that we’re getting people that really care about the franchise going forward

We'll see how it goes.

Hear me out! Luke comes in and tells Mando “I will give my life to protect the child”

So at some point we speculate, Grogu must die? As Ben wiped out all of Luke’s students, except a handful that Ben took for his Knights
You make a great point that Grogu being one of Luke's students that got killed, would weigh very heavy on his heart, as would the other students he was literally tsaheylu connected with. Personally, I think there's enough there to justify how we found Luke in TLJ (just as Lucas wrote him to be... before selling to Disney btw), but maybe they need that little bit to explain it to all the disappointed Luke fans who pretend their dislike is about the movies instead of their hero being made to be human.

I do think it would be more fun for him to be a teen Groot Grogu in a future movie though. Perhaps even be a character in the next trilogy.

All good though... just sharing some thoughts & I'm fine with either scenario.

There is a reason why Rian is rumored to be the most liked director that LucasFilm employees ever worked with and so sad that not everyone liked his movie and now we have this strange purgatory for him and his future projects in the SW universe until things chill down and it wouldn't be such a managerial risk to have him back.

Sad that people didn't appreciate his effort to deconstruct and disrespect one of the most beloved characters from the Original Trilogy that resulted in each subsequent film making less money? Well that's an interesting hot take. Bringing Rian Johnson back will never not be a risk now that Favereau and Filoni have somewhat closed the chasm he created. I've liked his other films, he's a fine independent film maker. He just has ZERO business working on a tent pole films within a franchise.

Why people won't admit he screwed the pooch is beyond me.

She said it in an interview after the Game of Thrones producers announced they were leaving their announced project with LucasFilm. She threw some shade in their direction by saying "we don't have any source material,' implying their show was only good because they had books to adapt.

She had no idea how much that statement would blow up in her face.

So, to correct you, we know the complete context of her statement.

Asked and answered.

And don't bother with the pigeonhole debate strategy. "Everyone that disagrees with me is either (A) or (B)."

I could do the same to you... "Everyone that loves Kathleen Kennedy wants women in powerful positions no matter how incompetent they are in those positions or has no standard of quality so they'll swallow every pound of shit shoveled into their mouths and smile afterwards!"

She said it in this interview with Rolling Stone.

https://www.rollingstone.com/featur...rview-rise-skywalker-future-star-wars-912393/

"Jurassic World director Colin Trevorrow was slated to write and direct Episode IX before you brought J.J. Abrams back in. Is this final entry in the trilogy a particularly hard nut to crack?"

"Every one of these movies is a particularly hard nut to crack. There’s no source material. We don’t have comic books. We don’t have 800-page novels."

You can ignore the fact this statement was less than 3 weeks after David & Dan publicly cancelled their deal to make a Star Wars movie, which was just one example of directors leaving Star Wars projects during Kennedy's tenure as LucasFilm President.

And no, there isn't any '800 page Star Wars novels.' That was an indirect insult to David and Dan because they're famous for adapting 800 page Game of Thrones novels.

So...
tenor.gif

Jebus Christ I read teh fooking article just as I told you I did.
The only thing you've proven is that you can twist what is VERY CLEARLY her contrasting them writing a new story vs one that's been pre-written in a book or comic.

Please stop regurgitating this blaintant twisting of context.

...and here's the rest of the quote you left out that continues to re-iterate the fact that she's talking about making a new thing.

Every one of these movies is a particularly hard nut to crack. There’s no source material. We don’t have comic books. We don’t have 800-page novels. We don’t have anything other than passionate storytellers who get together and talk about what the next iteration might be. We go through a really normal development process that everybody else does.

You haters are just making more of it than is said. This is way too easy to understand for you to try & argue some bullshit about her dissing the EU or whatever teh fook you're on about.

Don't look now, but it's you making shit up... not me. Where did she mention that the EU didn't exist? you are making that up. You are ignoring the fact that she's making a very simple contrast about making a movie based on a new story vs a proven story.

Sad that people didn't appreciate his effort to deconstruct and disrespect one of the most beloved characters from the Original Trilogy that resulted in each subsequent film making less money? Well that's an interesting hot take. Bringing Rian Johnson back will never not be a risk now that Favereau and Filoni have somewhat closed the chasm he created. I've liked his other films, he's a fine independent film maker. He just has ZERO business working on a tent pole films within a franchise.

Why people won't admit he screwed the pooch is beyond me.
It's because I had a different response to the film.

Although I appreciate this is a discussion and inherently discussions discuss but the thing that bewilders me is how gotten to people still are. I'm sure it is keeping no one up at night fr, but from the discussion you'd think lives were actually lost.

I disagree sir :)

Also no one is replacing Luke imo.

PS: The world is big out there you can find your go to big booty, big boobs, big lips celebrity to go gaga over so no real issue that Daisy doesn't pass your beauty requirements.

Daisy-Ridley-16.jpeg

daisy-ridley_2695_19_hot.jpg

Daisy-Ridley-5.jpeg

Daisy-Ridley-18.jpeg

Daisy-Ridley-40.jpeg

Daisy-Ridley-42.jpeg

Daisy-Ridley-41.jpeg

Had neither personally, acting chops, or looks. The most shallow vapid attempt to replace Luke. Sorry you have low standards for storytelling and character development my dude.

It's because I had a different response to the film.

Although I appreciate this is a discussion and inherently discussions discuss but the thing that bewilders me is how gotten to people still are. I'm sure it is keeping no one up at night fr, but from the discussion you'd think lives were actually lost.
People have their passions, and for some you might as well have had killed someone.

I'm just gonna ride out KK's tenure. Her trilogy is the only one where each release made less money than the previous one. Her politics and ineffective leadership of the trilogy directly lead to the divide of the fandom IMO.

Back