Star Wars Megathread

No one can ever change the way you feel, and ought not, but only you suffer your feelings. The film still remains canon. The franchise goes on. And all that's there is an ill regard for an inanimate thing. To me, I like talking about the good shit more than the bad shit. The bad shit, I just drop it. Sometimes it takes a while, sure. It happens.

No one is saying don't do you, tho.
The last Jedi is not canon.

Had neither personally, acting chops, or looks. The most shallow vapid attempt to replace Luke. Sorry you have low standards for storytelling and character development my dude.
JJ-Kwong-Red-CMYK-Values.jpg

You're reading way too much into it that wasn't said. You're basically making stuff up to support your agenda.

What am I making up?

Everything I've said about her saying 'We don't have source material' and she was referring to Dave & Dan with '800-page Game of Thrones books' is factual. You just don't want to acknowledge it.

Kathleen Kennedy fans basically have to refuse to acknowledge alot of facts to still be fans of her.

BTW... hermit Luke was written by Lucas before the sale & so they didn't exactly start from zero in that regard, & they clearly borrowed from the EU... so I don't even uderstand why you want to twist what she said.
No, Lucas never had Luke be a coward that abandoned his family, friends and entire galaxy.

'Oh but Lucas had Luke living on an island' ... which is true, Lucas had Luke basically be the Yoda of this trilogy initially and nothing else has been mentioned about Lucas's plan for Luke other than he dies in Ep9, not Ep8.

You're bringing up a lot of stuff here that have nothing to do with how that statement is so very simply saying that they're making a new story not a pre-written story. Taking shots at the GOTs guys actually supports what I'm saying. She's saying that they had difficulty writting an original story.

Its hilarious how you accuse me of making stuff up to 'support my agenda' when you're doing the exact same thing.

There's no news of David and Dan having trouble writing a script before they quit the project. Period.

So while they did borrow from the EU with Sid's transfer of conscious to a clone & got hermit Luke as well as an up & coming jedi with a sidekick from Lucas, the story otherwise is completely different. Not written off of other source stories. That was the point she's making

And they wrote stories that sucked dick.

And she approved the stories that sucked dick.

To be fair Amidala was upper class

Anakin was child prodigy dirt track racer who was noticed and saved from poverty by the Jedi at a young age

Leia was raised and groomed by a Senator in a noble family.

Luke was a farm hand on the ass end of nowhere.

Everyone but Luke got a head start to greatness.

Let's not pretend those other jokers were written better than Luke. Leia, excepted.

I'm not, just responding to the meme. If anything it shows how Luke had to get overcome much more. So what told you was true...from a certain point of view.

Last edited:
  • Everything I've said about her saying 'We don't have source material' and she was referring to Dave & Dan with '800-page Game of Thrones books' is factual. You just don't want to acknowledge it.

I'm baffled by your inability to understand this.
  1. She's saying that the GOT guys had a hard time in Star Wars because it was an original script that didn't come with a prior source material.
  2. Yes that's factual that she called them out for that.
  3. In no way though does that equate to some twisted bullshit about her not recognizing the EU exists.
  4. That is what you are making up.
  5. this if very easy to understand.
Kathleen Kennedy fans basically have to refuse to acknowledge alot of facts to still be fans of her.
Just so you know... I don't give a fook either way. I've been enjoying a shit load of content under her watch & so I take a closer look at things when haters like yourself start talking nonsense. This convo isn't even regarding you personally. i had this out with all the Sherdog Sequel haters when this first happened. This isn't even my first go at this. I literally remembered the interview in my first post off of memory without looking it up & was and remain spot on.

In no way did she dis the EU.

You are just joining a rabid Star Wars "not my Luke" campaign that's been tired for years now. KK's doing just fine. You haters segment out the great things she does & focus on only the negative. & in this case you just make shit up to support your agenda.

No, Lucas never had Luke be a coward that abandoned his family, friends and entire galaxy.

Is that right?
<{1-16}>

I'm questioning whether or not I should show you his original art he had made that looks almost exactly like the Luke we see in TLJ along with his own words actually declaring that he envisioned a frustrated hermit Luke.

you're probably not interested in reality though so I won't waste my time looking it up.

'Oh but Lucas had Luke living on an island' ... which is true, Lucas had Luke basically be the Yoda of this trilogy initially and nothing else has been mentioned about Lucas's plan for Luke other than he dies in Ep9, not Ep8.

You know, I've proven myself to NOT be a Star Wars troll. I back up every fucking thing I say. So why don't you get some god damn respect & just ask me straight up to show you what you obviously are ignorant of in this case.

Look man... we've had a long run of being buddies on the dog... though we've never really hung out... I always considered you a solid poster... but you're really getting on my nerves right now. Instead of being an ignorant jack ass when someone with my knowledge tells you something you're not aware of... why don't you just straight up ask me "please" to show you wtf you missed?

Its hilarious how you accuse me of making stuff up to 'support my agenda' when you're doing the exact same thing.

There's no news of David and Dan having trouble writing a script before they quit the project. Period.
There's literally Kathlene Kennedy alluding to the fact that they had a hard time writing a script that didn't have an 800 page manuscript behind it. So when you say there's "no news" you're obviously wrong. You even pointed that out to me... so you obviously understand that, & yet you still tried to tell me that there's "no news" of this.

Yes... there is most certainly that KK quote. You are right. Well done for recognizing that... but horriblly done then turning around & pretending like it didn't happen. Teh fook? o_O

I feel like you're just trolling for the sake of it.

I will tell you 100% that I am completely & legit sincere about my pov & everything I'm saying & I have no agenda. In fact I'm very willing to admit when I'm wrong if someone makes that case. You seem to be hanging by a thread trying to throw anything against the wall that will stick, to the point that you actually dissed me for something you yourself said. Now drop this pissing contest. You have to know that KK was talking about "an original story"... not that the EU doesn't exist.

You also have to understand that this pov about her saying the EU doesn't exists is not in any way a part of what she said. It's shit the haters made up when they took her words out of context.

And they wrote stories that sucked dick.

And she approved the stories that sucked dick.
You are in the minority in that opinion. That is a fact.

Last edited:
Driver carried the sequel franchise on his back. Let’s be honest here.

REY started awesome but bad, disjointed writing ruined her.

I'm baffled by your inability to understand this.
  1. She's saying that the GOT guys had a hard time in Star Wars because it was an original script that didn't come with a prior source material.
  2. Yes that's factual that she called them out for that.
  3. In no way though does that equate to some twisted bullshit about her not recognizing the EU exists.
  4. That is what you are making up.
  5. this if very easy to understand.

I 100% understand her.

I just don't believe her because she's a bad liar.

Just so you know... I don't give a fook either way. I've been enjoying a shit load of content under her watch & so I take a closer look at things when haters like yourself start talking nonsense. This convo isn't even regarding you personally. i had this out with all the Sherdog Sequel haters when this first happened. This isn't even my first go at this. I literally remembered the interview in my first post off of memory wit

I remembered it too, and was spot on with the fact it was within three weeks of David and Dan quitting.

Is that right?
{1-16}

I'm questioning whether or not I should show you his original art he had made that looks almost exactly like the Luke we see in TLJ along with his own words actually declaring that he envisioned a frustrated hermit Luke.

you're probably not interested in reality though so I won't waste my time looking it up.

I'm interested, go ahead and look it up.

And while you're at it, go ahead and come up with a good explanation why Luke went to the 'most unfindable place in the galaxy' to die, yet split the map to find him between BB8 and R2D2 so they can eventually find him.

You know, I've proven myself to NOT be a Star Wars troll. I back up every fucking thing I say. So why don't you get some god damn respect & just ask me straight up to show you what you obviously are ignorant of in this case.

I've never accused you of being a troll.
You're accusing me of being a troll.

So, go ahead, post the exact concept art commissioned by Lucas when he was in pre-production of the sequel trilogy, before the Disney buy-out, that justifies Luke being a cowardly hermit as 'Lucas's vision.'

There's literally Kathlene Kennedy alluding to the fact that they had a hard time writing a script that didn't have an 800 page manuscript behind it. So when you say there's "no news" you're obviously wrong. You even pointed that out to me... so you obviously understand that, & yet you still tried to tell me that there's "no news" of this.

And you believe her.

If you're not aware, Kathleen Kennedy has had more problems with directors than any President in studio production in recent memory.
Colin Trevarrow quit Ep9.
Phil Lord and Chris Miller were fired from Solo.
And David and Dan quit in preproduction of their own trilogy.

Yes, the pair responsible for making Game of Thrones the most popular TV show in the history of HBO can't handle writing a script for a Star Wars movie. Suuuurrreeeee.... that's believable because Kathleen Kennedy said it.

Yes... there is most certainly that KK quote. You are right. Well done for recognizing that... but horriblly done then turning around & pretending like it didn't happen. Teh fook? o_O

I feel like you're just trolling for the sake of it.

Do you believe everything you're told, just because you're told it by someone you like?

I get it, that's natural to automatically trust people you like and distrust people you don't. I really do get it.

But have you ever been told something by someone you like and you think 'oh that's bullshit?'

Because that's a healthy response to have occassionally, especially when that person you like is doing PR for a publicly-traded multi-billion dollar entertainment corporation. They're going to give answers to questions that's to the advantage of themselves, the corporation, and the shareholders, regardless of the truth. Period.

Would she give an honest answer to what a shitshow Solo's development was, and she was ultimately responsible for being the first Star Wars film to flop? Absolutely not.

I will tell you 100% that I am completely & legit sincere about my pov & everything I'm saying & I have no agenda. In fact I'm very willing to admit when I'm wrong if someone makes that case. You seem to be hanging by a thread trying to throw anything against the wall that will stick, to the point that you actually dissed me for something you yourself said. Now drop this pissing contest. You have to know that KK was talking about "an original story"... not that the EU doesn't exist.

I have no agenda either and being as honest as I ever have been. Period.

'Original stories?' In what way was Ep7 original? It was a soft reboot of Ep4.

In Ep8 a third of the movie was cut&pasted from other Star Wars movies, poorly.

In Ep9 it was mcguffin after mcguffin after mcguffin...

Yeah, so original, Kathleen Kennedy. But some still believe her 'original' stories are her highest priority.

You also have to understand that this pov about her saying the EU doesn't exists is not in any way a part of what she said. It's shit the haters made up when they took her words out of context.

But the EU doesn't exist anymore. Its been decanonized, and that's one of the first things LucasFilm announced after it was bought by Disney.

You are in the minority in that opinion. That is a fact.

Tell that to everyone that saw Ep8, then didn't bother to go see Solo or Ep9, which forced to curve the Star Wars production and release schedules. From '1 Star Wars movie a year' to blaming 'Star Wars fatigue.'

Member when Rian Johnson was supposed to get his own trilogy? Member when Boba Fett was going to get his own movie? I member.

Now they see the huge success of The Mandolorian and are making a dozen new Disney+ series!!! Good, I truly hope Kathleen Kennedy keeps putting competent people in charge of those series.

Lets hope they don't suck as much as most of the recent movies have.

Then all you wanted was simple fan service and you eventually got your Luke fix, so problem resolved.

In my opinion Luke was all Jedi in the purest way possible by the end of the TLJ.

My intention isn't to change your mind or anything like that.. all I wanted was to post that I enjoyed the character of Rey that was it. Yet funny enough that years after this movies someone saying he likes a character or a movie in a SW thread gets quoted multiple times to be told how bad said character is and said movies are.

Isn't that a little strange ? at least the movies and characters awoken some sort of feelings inside you all.

rian-johnson-happy.jpg
Easily the most punchable face in Hollywood.

Back