Star Wars Megathread

Jebus Christ I read teh fooking article just as I told you I did.
The only thing you've proven is that you can twist what is VERY CLEARLY her contrasting them writing a new story vs one that's been pre-written in a book or comic.

Please stop regurgitating this blaintant twisting of context.

...and here's the rest of the quote you left out that continues to re-iterate the fact that she's talking about making a new thing.

You didn't know it was an indirect insult at David and Dan.

I'm proud to have informed you of that.

"We don’t have anything other than passionate storytellers who get together and talk about what the next iteration might be. We go through a really normal development process that everybody else does."

I didn't include this because she's jerking off her story group with such brilliant members such as Pablo Hidaglo and a bunch of no-namers that have written nothing of note.

And she trusts such people like Rian Johnson (ep8), the Kasdan brothers (Solo), and four people who wrote Ep9... yep, that couldn't have possibly have fucked it up worse.

All of which said to pretty much ignore everything in a previous comic or novel that they could borrow from... except two things they actually did borrow from the EU... Han and Leia's son falling to the dark side and Palpatine's 'resurrection' but royally fucking up both worse than anyone could possibly imagine.

By saying 'we don't have source material, we have a story group' she's saying that whatever the story group and scriptwriters write is automatically better than whatever source material she doesn't acknowledge its existance, because she's never bothered to look into it.

You haters are just making more of it than is said. This is way too easy to understand for you to try & argue some bullshit about her dissing the EU or whatever teh fook you're on about.
No, Kathleen Kennedy has lost all benefit of the doubt to take anything she says at face value.

Do I need to post highlights of the interview she did with George Lucas after the Disney buyout about how she was going to honor his characters? Then she approved Han Solo being a divorced husband who went back to smuggling and was notoriously bad at it. And she approved Luke being a cowardly hermit that abandons his family, friends, and entire galaxy so he can go to an island planet to die... oh but he left a map in R2D2 so he could be found one day.

That's 'honoring George Lucas's characters?' Oh sure... but of course they made Leia the leader of the alliance because...
6aw3vw8uep501.jpg

Don't look now, but it's you making shit up... not me. Where did she mention that the EU didn't exist? you are making that up.
I can't believe you need this explained to you.
"We don't have source material" she whines.
Yes, because she de-canonized it, and can re-canonize it or certain aspects or characters like Thrawn.

If she ever wants source material, all she and that story group of hers has to do is open a Star Wars EU book, or at least summaries of them, and propose 'this plot point/character/twist/etc is very good, how can we make it work into a script?
You are ignoring the fact that she's making a very simple contrast about making a movie based on a new story vs a proven story.

And the Kathleen Kennedy-approved new stories suck dick.

I think Luke’s appearance in Mando doubled down on the sequel trilogy

Hear me out! Luke comes in and tells Mando “I will give my life to protect the child”

So at some point we speculate, Grogu must die? As Ben wiped out all of Luke’s students, except a handful that Ben took for his Knights

And his speech in TLJ, forget the exact words, but basically I was supposed to succeed because I’m Luke Skywalker, jedi knight.

This failure, losing Ben, his sister and good friend’s son, and...Grogu. Soul crushing to a man. I’m done, going off to live in exile

Could be wrong, just my drunken thoughts

Seriously, I’m 9ish beers in tonight. Gonna watch Mando now, and whine about cgi Luke next

Fucking Kathleen Kennedy, give us a good CGI Luke
I want to believe lil' Grogu learned how to make and handle a lightsaber then went to get himself a Mando helmet that fit his head and became a Mando with Mando.

Rebels was mostly awesome, with some occasional part of ridiculousness

The thread here shows Sherdog thinks otherwise.
https://forums.sherdog.com/posts/98011505/
But I respect if you think otherwise

I watched most of the 1st season and decided it wasn't for me. Didn't like any of the new characters.

I will give it respect for its awesome parts, like whenever Ashoka is in a scene, Darth Maul, Grand Moth Tarkin, and... well.. hell whenever any character that was in Clone Wars was on Rebels.

Will proudly say that Ahsoka VS Vader is one of the best Star Wars moments ever, and debatedly the best moment that wasn't in a movie.

I'm not a pessimist. I watch every new bit of Star Wars content hoping I like it or I don't watch it at all. (Thus I'll never watch Solo). But after I'm done watching it I'm 100% honest about what I saw, I don't sugar-coat anything.

If you read my review of Wonder Woman 1984 you'd completely understand my hatred for that movie burns as hot as my hatred for The Last Jedi.

Ok... that last part was a bit hyperbolic, but just a bit.

Edit - I will say 2020 has been the best year for Star Wars in 15 years. We got the final season of Clone Wars and the last 4 episodes were epic - the best Star Wars content since Ep3. And I watched both seasons of The Mandolorian back-to-back in 2020.

And with the recent news of EA's exclusivity deal with Disney for the Star Wars license will not be renewed and we'll start getting new licensed games in 2023... the future for Star Wars hasn't been this bright in a very long time.

People have their passions, and for some you might as well have had killed someone.

I'm just gonna ride out KK's tenure. Her trilogy is the only one where each release made less money than the previous one. Her politics and ineffective leadership of the trilogy directly lead to the divide of the fandom IMO.
Don't go all battered wife on STAR WARS, man! It gets better!

I watched most of the 1st season and decided it wasn't for me. Didn't like any of the new characters.

I will give it respect for its awesome parts, like whenever Ashoka is in a scene, Darth Maul, Grand Moth Tarkin, and... well.. hell whenever any character that was in Clone Wars was on Rebels.

Will proudly say that Ahsoka VS Vader is one of the best Star Wars moments ever, and debatedly the best moment that wasn't in a movie.

I'm not a pessimist. I watch every new bit of Star Wars content hoping I like it or I don't watch it at all. (Thus I'll never watch Solo). But after I'm done watching it I'm 100% honest about what I saw, I don't sugar-coat anything.

If you read my review of Wonder Woman 1984 you'd completely understand my hatred for that movie burns as hot as my hatred for The Last Jedi.

Edit - I will say 2020 has been the best year for Star Wars in 15 years. We got the final season of Clone Wars and the last 4 episodes were epic - the best Star Wars content since Ep3. And I watched both seasons of The Mandolorian back-to-back in 2020.

And with the recent news of EA's exclusivity deal with Disney for the Star Wars license will not be renewed and we'll start getting new licensed games in 2023... the future for Star Wars hasn't been this bright in a very long time.
When Rebels debuted and aired live, I couldn't get to like the characters, but when I had Disney+ for Mando S1, I watched all of Rebels and liked the characters and liked it overall better than Clone Wars which seemed like mostly a chore to watch.

That said, I had no motivation to buy any Rebels characters action figures. I just saw last night they made Disney Infinity RFID figurines of Zeb and Ezra.

All good bro!

Going ahead I think we all agree? That the future is bright?

Love or hate the sequels, I think most of us
agree that Mando brought us back to those feelings, Star Wars love

Anyway....my fave moments from season 2!

1) Bo-Katan...Take my hand brother!!

2) scene with Mayfield,, Hess, and Mando. Hess’ lines “but we outlasted them son”
And “You’re not dismissed!”

3) Ahsoka, deflecting blaster bolts

4) Cara Dune saying “One X-Wing, great we’re saved” All the while thinking, ooooh you have know idea

5) The dude talking shit to Cara Dune at the beginning, “I saw the tear” before she shoots his head

6) Well Luke, c’mon, force crush!!!!

Had neither personally, acting chops, or looks. The most shallow vapid attempt to replace Luke. Sorry you have low standards for storytelling and character development my dude.

Looks can be debatable... acting skills let's say we aren't the best judges for that but personality and charisma ? she was all that in TFA in fact she probably hot the job based on that.

Sad that people didn't appreciate his effort to deconstruct and disrespect one of the most beloved characters from the Original Trilogy that resulted in each subsequent film making less money? Well that's an interesting hot take. Bringing Rian Johnson back will never not be a risk now that Favereau and Filoni have somewhat closed the chasm he created. I've liked his other films, he's a fine independent film maker. He just has ZERO business working on a tent pole films within a franchise.

Why people won't admit he screwed the pooch is beyond me.

I still think he made the best Star Wars movie since the OT.

Also did anyone finish his SW movie ? .... I mean Luke regained his mojo and was the hero we all knew him he was. Just a bit of bait and switch cause you know movies and drama.

Funny how most complains focus on just that part of Luke and forget what happened by the end of the movie.

My fav moments were mostly Grogu eating frog, eating frog eggs even after told not to, eating blue cookies from stingy classmate, suddenly showing up right beside Mando's boot after being told to stay in the ship.

IG-11 zooming and kicking the asses while having Grogu in backpack on the front.

Mando telling various people he'll drop them where they stand. Tricking the little bounty hunter who coveted his jetpack and watching him drop from the sky going thud.

Boba's glorious badass return minus the armor, then with the armor being even more badass and firing the knee rockets, shooting down one ship that falls and takes out the other ship.

Ming Na Wen shooting close range with sniper rifle while falling backwards off cliff.

Bo-Katan and crew efficiently and instantly dropping the gang of squid aliens who were about to give Mando problems.

What the fuck happened to that 3rd part of Bo-Katan's crew? Dude with the English accent.

Anyway....my fave moments from season 2!

1) Bo-Katan...Take my hand brother!!

2) scene with Mayfield,, Hess, and Mando. Hess’ lines “but we outlasted them son”
And “You’re not dismissed!”

3) Ahsoka, deflecting blaster bolts

4) Cara Dune saying “One X-Wing, great we’re saved” All the while thinking, ooooh you have know idea

5) The dude talking shit to Cara Dune at the beginning, “I saw the tear” before she shoots his head

6) Well Luke, c’mon, force crush!!!!
Favorite aspects of Season 2 -
*Bill Burr being his awesome self.
*Gina being Gina.
*Gorgo being adorable.
*Sasha Banks is a perfect casting as Bo-Karan right-hand. I've always known she's had screen presence and now she has the potential to become an actress after pro-wrestling is over. I'm a casual pro-wrestling fan and have had the opinion for years she's not been given the respect she deserves, but now she's finally getting it.
*Boba Fett finally back in action, and he's awesome.
*Rosario Dawson as Ashoha met expectations as a 10/10 casting. She knocked it out of the park. Only complaints I have is her face makeup is a little too orange and her leiku (head tendrils) were too short, but that's issues with the costume, not her.
*Luke being a badass.

Just want to add S2 is so well received because it honors the characters from the Prequel era and OT era perfectly, while developing new characters from The Mandolorian. Everybody was satisfied, and that's why most fans aren't nit-picking the flaws.

For those who love the sequel trilogy, S2 is how you honor loved characters... by not shitting on them to show off how the new characters are much better.

Last edited:
pet peeve is WHY THE FUCK ISN'T NOBODY CONSIDERING A MOVIE SERIES ABOUT THE OLD REPUBLIC PERIOD?

Honestly yes, I enjoyed Ep7 and Rogue One on first viewings, with my brain turned off.

But upon second viewings its quite obvious how lazy they are in every aspect of development but Directing, Cinematography, and Special Effects.

They're BEAUTIFUL to look at, but those three aspects of movie production being good and everything else being horrible is like sprinkles on a shit sundae.

Funny how you don't include TLJ in that most beautiful too look at category when arguably that is the best looking one out of them all.

So you liked them but after you didn't, okay happens with some movies.

If you see them randon on TV you just shut it down or change channel that type of reaction is to be expected from you or you actually watch them ? just a side question if you will.

Yes, the Mandolorian has been good, but only because the standard for quality in Star Wars is so low. Its good, but could have been great.

Then you should appreciate KK too if you want to be completely fair.

Now do President Trump.

I don't normally do politics on sherdog but if you insist I think it was a bad idea to vote for a reality TV celebrity trust fund loud mouth person. This is a viewpoint from outside of USA and all I see is has made you guys divided and weaker. Seeing Chewbacca win the day was surprising, you would think that type of imagery isn't possible in a super power like USA and more in line with third world countries.
Positive I guess it made people more aware of politics in general and more involved in elections and their importance.

No one expected the EU books to be adapted into films, but they could have been the backbone for what the sequel trilogy could have been... picking from the best bits, characters, and plotlines from dozens of novels to truly make a great trilogy... and eventually their own Cinematic Universe like Marvel.

And yes, they consistently made the NYT best seller lists.

Isn't this what they are doing now ? taking some random ideas here and there but because this directors did the writing they didn't really want to deviate so much from their own visions.
Or you just wanted to have it directly copy pasted with names and all things left to no interpretation.

And comics, books, and merchandise is what kept Star Wars popular throughout the 80s and especially the 90s when the novels really became popular. Look up the sales figures for Heir of the Empire when it was first released, they had to go through several reprintings.

The fact she had no idea of the popularity of the EU when she was put in charge of LucasFilm is pure ignorance of her responsibility.

I'm sorry but you could have had 0 comics or books and SW would have been big just because of those movies. Comics and books were just extras in my eyes.
In fact you could argue that toys had more of an impact then comics and books when it comes to SW and popular culture.

While MCU was built on comics, that is their foundation.

Favorite aspects of Season 2 -
*Bill Burr being his awesome self.
*Gina being Gina.
*Gorgo being adorable.
*Sasha Banks is a perfect casting as Bo-Karan right-hand. I've always known she's had screen presence and now she has the potential to become an actress after pro-wrestling is over. I'm a casual pro-wrestling fan and have had the opinion for years she's not been given the respect she deserves, but now she's finally getting it.
*Boba Fett finally back in action, and he's awesome.
*Rosario Dawson as Ashoha met expectations as a 10/10 casting. She knocked it out of the park. Only complaints I have is her face makeup is a little too orange and her leiku (head tendrils) were too short, but that's issues with the costume, not her.
*Luke being a badass.

Just want to add S2 is so well received because it honors the characters from the Prequel era and OT era perfectly, while developing new characters from The Mandolorian. Everybody was satisfied, and that's why most fans aren't nit-picking the flaws.

For those who love the sequel trilogy, S2 is how you honor loved characters... by not shitting on them to show off how the new characters are much better.
Forgot about Sasha, she’s a great character, and hot

I still think he made the best Star Wars movie since the OT.

Also did anyone finish his SW movie ? .... I mean Luke regained his mojo and was the hero we all knew him he was. Just a bit of bait and switch cause you know movies and drama.

Funny how most complains focus on just that part of Luke and forget what happened by the end of the movie.

The Last Jedi is a steaming pile of dog shit, and nothing you say will ever make me think otherwise.

I've finished the movie multiple times and it doesn't get better.....ever. Force Ghost projection, and he evaporates into a cloud of Jedi fart dust? Yay!! That's exactly what I waited decades to see. Getting his Mojo would have been showing up Mandalorian style and smiting the shit out of Crylo. Then Rey and Luke go and finish off the First Order in the finale. It really is that simple.

Forgot about this, and I’m re-watching now, but Pedro Pascal, in episode 7, when he’s mask-less, kinda cool because as he watched the convo between Mayfield and Hess, in the major moments, he tilts his
head like he’s still wearing his
Mando helmet. Anyway, good on him, showing his character is so used to the helmet. Doesn’t just use his eyes, but actually swerves his head

The Last Jedi is a steaming pile of dog shit, and nothing you say will ever make me think otherwise.

I've finished the movie multiple times and it doesn't get better.....ever. Force Ghost projection, and he evaporates into a cloud of Jedi fart dust? Yay!! That's exactly what I waited decades to see. Getting his Mojo would have been showing up Mandalorian style and smiting the shit out of Crylo. Then Rey and Luke go and finish off the First Order in the finale. It really is that simple.

Then all you wanted was simple fan service and you eventually got your Luke fix, so problem resolved.

In my opinion Luke was all Jedi in the purest way possible by the end of the TLJ.

My intention isn't to change your mind or anything like that.. all I wanted was to post that I enjoyed the character of Rey that was it. Yet funny enough that years after this movies someone saying he likes a character or a movie in a SW thread gets quoted multiple times to be told how bad said character is and said movies are.

Isn't that a little strange ? at least the movies and characters awoken some sort of feelings inside you all.

rian-johnson-happy.jpg

You didn't know it was an indirect insult at David and Dan.

I'm proud to have informed you of that.

I didn't include this because she's jerking off her story group with such brilliant members such as Pablo Hidaglo and a bunch of no-namers that have written nothing of note.

And she trusts such people like Rian Johnson (ep8), the Kasdan brothers (Solo), and four people who wrote Ep9... yep, that couldn't have possibly have fucked it up worse.

All of which said to pretty much ignore everything in a previous comic or novel that they could borrow from... except two things they actually did borrow from the EU... Han and Leia's son falling to the dark side and Palpatine's 'resurrection' but royally fucking up both worse than anyone could possibly imagine.

By saying 'we don't have source material, we have a story group' she's saying that whatever the story group and scriptwriters write is automatically better than whatever source material she doesn't acknowledge its existance, because she's never bothered to look into it.

No, Kathleen Kennedy has lost all benefit of the doubt to take anything she says at face value.

Do I need to post highlights of the interview she did with George Lucas after the Disney buyout about how she was going to honor his characters? Then she approved Han Solo being a divorced husband who went back to smuggling and was notoriously bad at it. And she approved Luke being a cowardly hermit that abandons his family, friends, and entire galaxy so he can go to an island planet to die... oh but he left a map in R2D2 so he could be found one day.

That's 'honoring George Lucas's characters?' Oh sure... but of course they made Leia the leader of the alliance because...
6aw3vw8uep501.jpg

I can't believe you need this explained to you.
"We don't have source material" she whines.
Yes, because she de-canonized it, and can re-canonize it or certain aspects or characters like Thrawn.

If she ever wants source material, all she and that story group of hers has to do is open a Star Wars EU book, or at least summaries of them, and propose 'this plot point/character/twist/etc is very good, how can we make it work into a script?

And the Kathleen Kennedy-approved new stories suck dick.

You're reading way too much into it that wasn't said. You're basically making stuff up to support your agenda.

BTW... hermit Luke was written by Lucas before the sale & so they didn't exactly start from zero in that regard, & they clearly borrowed from the EU... so I don't even uderstand why you want to twist what she said.

You're bringing up a lot of stuff here that have nothing to do with how that statement is so very simply saying that they're making a new story not a pre-written story. Taking shots at the GOTs guys actually supports what I'm saying. She's saying that they had difficulty writting an original story.

So while they did borrow from the EU with Sid's transfer of conscious to a clone & got hermit Luke as well as an up & coming jedi with a sidekick from Lucas, the story otherwise is completely different. Not written off of other source stories. That was the point she's making

Last edited:
No one can ever change the way you feel, and ought not, but only you suffer your feelings. The film still remains canon. The franchise goes on. And all that's there is an ill regard for an inanimate thing. To me, I like talking about the good shit more than the bad shit. The bad shit, I just drop it. Sometimes it takes a while, sure. It happens.

No one is saying don't do you, tho.

Back