Star Wars Megathread

I for one love the character of Rey she is my fav from the new trilogy.

SatisfiedFirstAsiansmallclawedotter-small.gif

Rey.gif

tenor.gif

Rey.gif

tenor.gif

She's cute AF, but she is a product of the Unholy Ones' attempt to corrupt Star Wars and sadly must be sacrificed on the alter of obscurity.

If she winds up in a metal bikini I may change my mind.

She's cute AF, but she is a product of the Unholy Ones' attempt to corrupt Star Wars and sadly must be sacrificed on the alter of obscurity.

If she winds up in a metal bikini I may change my mind.

Oh you mean the Unholy Ones that greenlit every single piece of Star Wars in the Disney era, the one and only that also hired Favreau, the one that got a contract extension while in the middle of the imagined "internal war".

There would be no obscurity to be had, Rey is the most popular character from the new trilogy and a inspiration for little girls everywhere.

So all I have to say is:
KK bless!
tumblr_inline_pfucaqD08j1qz9e28_500.gifv

PS: I think times have changed and we can't have a chain connected to a main character in a bikini any longer in SW.. this is for newer generations to discover on streaming and for us to remember fondly.

Rey.gif

tenor.gif

That's because the's the only one that's fuckable.

Seriously though, Disney really screwed nearly the entire cast of the sequel trilogy. Only Jason Isaccs is getting big roles and practically everyone else isn't getting much else.

Disney, all you had to do is write characters the fanbase wouldn't hate for the very likable actors to play, and then they'd be set for life. But nope, ya fucked it up.

K. Kennedy has a spot in a new comic, check it out, I think it takes place just before The Last Jedi

hMntk7uR6b2B7fYxhht4F0pzOWesghR2D4vgXDHEOw2pckOytFnj8lbuP3X_5x5Cz5W_tWAaIs_rHErBn-eFsrzCs0zWZgDIqxEXA1sk7AQo9wpZHYdKhuFm96TPodEnIGmkuZNgXFtefqqmWm-leQb4K8kQgA-i749X9pPkRHm4WzbFYh5QGcfxOeGBFMxADVVQHMlORlRoDGscfTs_dtWJ.jpg

That's because the's the only one that's fuckable.

Seriously though, Disney really screwed nearly the entire cast of the sequel trilogy. Only Jason Isaccs is getting big roles and practically everyone else isn't getting much else.

Disney, all you had to do is write characters the fanbase wouldn't hate for the very likable actors to play, and then they'd be set for life. But nope, ya fucked it up.

You judge them just on who can share your bed... then how about:
tumblr_p2u37ddF5J1t3n54uo4_540.gif

<{1-16}>

On a more serious note I really think the biggest star of the new trilogy is Adam Driver, his name seems to carry the most weight and in terms of skills he is my safe bet for a future Oscar.

Let's see what happens after this pandemic and how much work then can get. Yet I feel no matter what.. like or dislike of the new trilogy most can agree that Adam and Daisy nailed their parts 100%.

<{1-16}>

On a more serious note I really think the biggest star of the new trilogy is Adam Driver, his name seems to carry the most weight and in terms of skills he is my safe bet for a future Oscar.

Let's see what happens after this pandemic and how much work then can get. Yet I feel no matter what.. like or dislike of the new trilogy most can agree that Adam and Daisy nailed their parts 100%.

I'll acknowledge Adam Driver had the best performance for the shitty dialogue he had to work with in the script.

Driver does seem to be the most successful outside of SW, but I thought he was one of the worst parts of the new trilogy.

<{1-16}>

If his part was to play a beta whiny emo cuck, then yes, he nailed it 1000%.

The movies were dogshit. The characters were dogshit.

If his part was to play a beta whiny emo cuck, then yes, he nailed it 1000%.

The movies were dogshit. The characters were dogshit.

Disagree on both parts there.

Main characters were great and the movies while they had their ups and downs I can say that I am glad they exist and will re-watch them many times going forward same like I do with the sequels, I like to look at the big picture and take the bad with the good too.

And yea for almost two movies he was indeed supposed to play an emo kid with doubts and fears and the works so yes he nailed it.

I'll acknowledge Adam Driver had the best performance for the shitty dialogue he had to work with in the script.

Thank you KK for that.

source.gif

Yes I'm hamming it up a tad but if we use the logic that everything bad is because of her then apply the same process for the wins too... makes only sense can't demonize her for the losses but ignore her for the wins when she is the one that agrees and signs the go ahead on everything good or bad.

Disagree on both parts there.

Main characters were great and the movies while they had their ups and downs I can say that I am glad they exist and will re-watch them many times going forward same like I do with the sequels, I like to look at the big picture and take the bad with the good too.

And yea for almost two movies he was indeed supposed to play an emo kid with doubts and fears and the works so yes he nailed it.

Thank you KK for that.

source.gif

Yes I'm hamming it up a tad but if we use the logic that everything bad is because of her then apply the same process for the wins too... makes only sense can't demonize her for the losses but ignore her for the wins when she is the one that agrees and signs the go ahead on everything good or bad.
Good point! Filoni himself credits Kennedy and Rian for helping him and giving him the confidence to do live action
Have there been missteps? Yep, but Kennedy was there front and center offering up all the series that fans want to see at the Disney shareholders meeting.

Thank you KK for that.

source.gif

Yes, we can and do give Kathleen Kennedy every bit of credit she deserves for the absolutely shitty scripts for all three sequel movies.

She was, and still is, the President of LucasFilm and she hired the scriptwriters and approved the scripts they wrote.

Giving Adam Driver credit for having the best... or rather least shitty... performance of any new actor on the cast for doing what he can for the shit he had to work with is by no means a compliment to Kathleen Kennedy. But a compliment to Adam Driver in spite of Kathleen Kennedy.

You really are grasping at straws to find things to justify her being a credit to the legacy of Star Wars and not being a cancer that almost killed it.

Everyone I know that likes Kathleen Kennedy have one thing in common... they've never bothered to read any of the 50+ EU books set after Ep6, and neither did she.

R612e802a2a9f13242eecc918736582aa

Kathleen Kennedy - "We didn't have any source material!"

tenor.gif

Shut Up Bitch.

Yes, we can and do give Kathleen Kennedy every bit of credit she deserves for the absolutely shitty scripts for all three sequel movies.

She was, and still is, the President of LucasFilm and she hired the scriptwriters and approved the scripts they wrote.

Giving Adam Driver credit for having the best... or rather least shitty... performance of any new actor on the cast for doing what he can for the shit he had to work with is by no means a compliment to Kathleen Kennedy. But a compliment to Adam Driver in spite of Kathleen Kennedy.

You really are grasping at straws to find things to justify her being a credit to the legacy of Star Wars and not being a cancer that almost killed it.

Everyone I know that likes Kathleen Kennedy have one thing in common... they've never bothered to read any of the 50+ EU books set after Ep6, and neither did she.

tenor.gif

Shut Up Bitch.

Did you enjoy any of the new movies ?

Did you enjoy any of the new series ?

If so say thank you to KK for the ones you did like. It is only fair, curse at her for the dislikes all you want but also give praise for the likes. That is all I'm saying, have the bigger picture and strive for balance.

From my understanding many EU books aren't exactly best sellers and was iffy on if it should still be canon or not. Clearly they didn't value them enough to keep it all instead deciding to wipe the board clean and cherry pick ideas as they see fit. Good or bad.. it is the road they/she went with.

I do agree that her words could have been better picked and suited for the situation, not her best day at the office in that interview but I do get the point she was making that you can't really compare the MCU with SW. One was built by a solid backbone of comics and one was built by big screen movies.

tenor.gif

Shut Up Bitch.
People taking that to mean she didn't understand the EU was there for storyline ideas... are taking what she said out of context.

You're either trolling or you're just KK bashing by continuing this propaganda because I've seen you post rather intelligent things on the dog & so I would assume you have actually read the interview she said that in & you know that she was speaking in a way to say that they were writing a new story. She even said that many movies are made from books, but they were not making a movie based on a book. They were writing something new... that was wide open. That is the proper context of those words she spoke.

I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt here that your not just a fucking moron who doesn't understand context & giving you a chance to admit that you're just flaming on her & purposefully taking her words out of context for sport. You could even admit that you never read the original interview & you're just flaming along with the rest of the haters. That's fine... but don't come back regurgitating this embarrassing lack of understanding of context now that I've explained it to you. You're better than that. Look it up if you don't believe me. She even reference that many movies were made from books ffs. This is easy to understand.

Last edited:

tenor.gif

Shut Up Bitch.
I get you, and understand. But don’t forget, when she took over, she was involved with Rebels, Clone Wars as well. Not sure if you liked Rebels or not, but I loved it. Kanan is up there as one of my fave Jedi ever. Of course Filoni, and our beloved Hidalgo was involved too, but what I think @One MMA Fan is saying is she’s been involved with a lot of success as well.
We have good shows to look forward to, Mando has set the bar. Watching the round tables with the directors for the Mando series just shows that we’re getting people that really care about the franchise going forward

Of the new series, I’m most looking forward to Ahsoka only because I want to see what happens to Ezra.

Good point! Filoni himself credits Kennedy and Rian for helping him and giving him the confidence to do live action
Have there been missteps? Yep, but Kennedy was there front and center offering up all the series that fans want to see at the Disney shareholders meeting.

Yea I saw that video from Filoni where he talked about Rian and how he took him aside and showed him trade craft that gave him confidence to step up and take Favreu's offer. There is a reason why Rian is rumored to be the most liked director that LucasFilm employees ever worked with and so sad that not everyone liked his movie and now we have this strange purgatory for him and his future projects in the SW universe until things chill down and it wouldn't be such a managerial risk to have him back.

I'm no KK die hard.. not al all, in fact if I had my wish I would replace her, she did her part to the best of her abilities and maybe it is time to let someone else to have a crack at this job.
Yet I'm also not this paranoid guy that parrots everything he sees on youtube, those hate videos that are so exaggerated that they can say KK stole their lunch money and their girls and they will still go with it lol.

Hate really does lead to a dark side.

giphy.gif

Back