Star Wars Megathread

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by Dragonlordxxxxx, Dec 30, 2020.

1. GearSolidMetal I'm here to chew bubblegum and bang your mom. Platinum Member

I've listened to most of it, and its enjoyable but very 'of the time' for comics back in the 90s, especially with what we know know about Palpatine and falling to the dark side.

This is a perfect example of Filoni's philosophy from the EU... 'Take good, leave the bad.'

There's alot of good here, but also alot of bad.

Thrawn33 likes this.
  2. Thrawn33 JUST BLEED Belt

Coruscant getting wrecked in an Imperial civil war was pretty cool. I liked the World Devastators and that they attacked Calamari. The Eclipse was sexy as hell.

GearSolidMetal likes this.
  3. A.A. Riggs sweet ... sweet meat!

4. GSP_37 Titanium Belt

I have a few of those Dark Horse issues and the art is awful. Don't remember the story being great either.

5. Thrawn33 JUST BLEED Belt

The cover art from Dave Dorman throughout the was some of the best in SW comics, but yeah not a big fan of the interior stuff.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. hohner Titanium Belt

Bukkake in blue is a solid piece imo

7. GearSolidMetal I'm here to chew bubblegum and bang your mom. Platinum Member

I think this chick was the stunt-double for Rey in the sequel trilogy, but I could be wrong.

Impressive video of her playing with a double-bladed lightsaber.

And it really made me think... the lightsaber fights in the sequel trilogy would have been so much better if Rey had a double-bladed lightsaber.

One, because we haven't seen a double-bladed lightsaber on the big screen since Episode 1. It definitely would have been more visually interesting.

Two, since Rey carried around and used a staff around on the desert planet she was found on, it would have been much easier to believe she'd hold her own in a lightsaber battle with KyloRen.

GtehMVP likes this.
  8. GearSolidMetal I'm here to chew bubblegum and bang your mom. Platinum Member

9. GtehMVP Black Belt

He'd be great! WIth him already deep in the Disney/MCU family, a natural fit

Now we just need Sebastian Stan as Luke in his own series. Imagine the lightsaber scenes he can pull off by himself and with his amazing Stunt double
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

GearSolidMetal likes this.
  10. Thrawn33 JUST BLEED Belt

No capes!!!!

Gold Epaulettes!!

Other than that...awesome.

11. FyrFytr998 Dig Your Way Out (2021)

12. fungi rl

13. Thrawn33 JUST BLEED Belt

There was talk of Robert Downey Jr. getting involved in some of the new Star Wars coming out, people were suggesting him as a possibility for Thrawn to which I say no.....

Talon Karrde would be my choice.

Batjester likes this.
  14. GearSolidMetal I'm here to chew bubblegum and bang your mom. Platinum Member

If Disney is paying for such a giant A+ lister to make multiple appearances throughout multiple Disney+ Star Wars series, they're obviously going to be putting him in the biggest role, and that's Thrawn. No question.

Talon Karrde was just a minor antagonist in the Thrawn trilogy right? There's no chance RDJ would take that role, and no chance Disney would pay him tens of millions for that role.

15. FyrFytr998 Dig Your Way Out (2021)

You also have to factor in just how much RDJ wants to work. He just came off a decade long run in the MCU. Maybe bit pieces are his desire right now. It's not like he needs the money. Maybe he wants to do a passion project?

It's not like he'd be the first A lister to do a small cameo.

C-H-L likes this.
  16. Gregolian .45 ACP Platinum Member

They could make him Zsinj.

17. GearSolidMetal I'm here to chew bubblegum and bang your mom. Platinum Member

All of that is negotiable. Perhaps Filoni and Favreau initially wanted to have Tarkin make constant appearances, and RDJ only wants to make occasional appearances.

Or, they could film all of RDJ's scenes within a short full-time schedule for multiple scenes and multiple series. You'd be surprised how much they can spread out 2-weeks of filming scenes to make it seem like he was on set for months.

18. A.A. Riggs sweet ... sweet meat!

19. EvilDDS Black Belt

I finished Light of the Jedi yesterday, and started A Test of Courage today

Light of the Jedi is the main book, by Charles Soule. I like his writing and his previous work. I think he writes Star Wars well and is a good choice to introduce this new direction
    I enjoyed the characters, book started off with tension right away with an event called The Great Disaster
    Villains, the Nihil, are pretty good too. Interesting to read about their group and structure

Second book is more a children’s book, not imperative to read but if you want to know all the background then it has some good info to compliment the main story line

Haven’t read the comic yet, wanted to finish the books first as they are the main force going forward. Fun to read stuff that isn’t Skywalker/Palpatine

I think Claudia Gray is up next in the main story line. I enjoyed her work with Bloodline and Master and Apprentice

Myrddin Wild and One MMA Fan like this.
  20. hohner Titanium Belt

Yeah, but who is going to play Bane?