Star Wars Megathread

For those that have seen the 'Star Wars High Republic' books and comics and though 'Oh good, some new SW books to get my kids into SW that's not related to the sequel trilogy' you may want to hold off.

Does Disney not want to make money?

How the fuck does posting like this on public forums and insulting fans not get you fired immediately?

This is the type of shit that the idiots who write for Marvel Comics have been doing on Twitter for years, and what do you know? People stopped buying their books.

Lucasfilm managed to shit on all of the goodwill from The Mandalorian finale within two weeks.

Lucasfilm managed to shit on all of the goodwill from The Mandalorian finale within two weeks.

Nah, its now just that everything headed by Filoni and Favreau are heavily anticipated by fans, and everything else... headed by Kathleen Kennedy... fans are indifferent for.

That said, I heard the 1st issue of the High Republic sold very well... 200K copies... which for a 1st issue for a comic released over the last decade. Now the question is if the sales will nosedive over the next few issues or maintain a moderate level of profitability to justify continuing the series.

Haven't heard any sales info for the book that was released.

Nah, its now just that everything headed by Filoni and Favreau are heavily anticipated by fans, and everything else... headed by Kathleen Kennedy... fans are indifferent for.

That said, I heard the 1st issue of the High Republic sold very well... 200K copies... which for a 1st issue for a comic released over the last decade. Now the question is if the sales will nosedive over the next few issues or maintain a moderate level of profitability to justify continuing the series.

Haven't heard any sales info for the book that was released.

I read it. It's pretty good as far as Star Wars comics go. There's a neat moment about halfway through that fans of the prequels should enjoy.

This spoils the comic a bit. So don't click the tag until you've read it, if you plan on it.

2twfIS_v5p2QcME7V_RNbk0NJIhgtgUTENaK7fuIu7zp0ORibplCHwAIx0jGlRxCUSQ-kxsyzLwkzjYmA50BLXz8ZOSdjCl2QNqZW2hryvU6ZDLcExDBCBoTz_Q7rVkitctM5vtSPQ=s1600

For those that have seen the 'Star Wars High Republic' books and comics and though 'Oh good, some new SW books to get my kids into SW that's not related to the sequel trilogy' you may want to hold off.

While I understand growing up biracial is hard and confusing, I've never understood the hardline stance some take in regards to white bashing and or ignoring the fact they are half white themselves. It's literally telling your white parent their feelings don't mean shit to them. I have had blackish biracial kids tell my whiter skinned biracial kid they don't count as biracial. Tell me that isn't some fucked up shit right there. Victimhood will be the reason we never unite as a people. It's like a security blanket to some.

While I understand growing up biracial is hard and confusing, I've never understood the hardline stance some take in regards to white bashing and or ignoring the fact they are half white themselves. It's literally telling your white parent their feelings don't mean shit to them. I have had blackish biracial kids tell my whiter skinned biracial kid they don't count as biracial. Tell me that isn't some fucked up shit right there. Victimhood will be the reason we never unite as a people. It's like a security blanket to some.
Unity is an illusion here, but I don't mean that it's impossible nor even unlikely. I mean that you're using it sort of as a complaint in that you've noticed a lack of unity, which really means what you've seen is kids acting shitty to each other. That's common and again I'm not endorsing bad behavior, but to think there's never going to be unity is the same as thinking kids will never learn. And that's not true. Division is a line in everyone's mind, but it doesn't exist the same way for everyone. So the division we create, even as a result of what we've seen or experienced, is a line that only exists to each person. It's not necessarily really there. It's a self imposed limitation that ends up corroding your ability to empathize.

Unity is an illusion here, but I don't mean that it's impossible nor even unlikely. I mean that you're using it sort of as a complaint in that you've noticed a lack of unity, which really means what you've seen is kids acting shitty to each other. That's common and again I'm not endorsing bad behavior, but to think there's never going to be unity is the same as thinking kids will never learn. And that's not true. Division is a line in everyone's mind, but it doesn't exist the same way for everyone. So the division we create, even as a result of what we've seen or experienced, is a line that only exists to each person. It's not necessarily really there. It's a self imposed limitation that ends up corroding your ability to empathize.

It’s hard to “teach” when all the educators (adults) are not on the same page.

Yeah, she has also been there for the whole Mando run. Even so, she's a fitting enough scapegoat for the sequel backlash. It doesn't appear clear to me that she had much creative control, or even necessarily marketing control outside a bit of executive producer style guidance.

Regardless, the gods demand a sacrifice.

tumblr_n4ijll5JV51s2wio8o1_500.gif

I dunno about the lack of creative control. She spoke at length about how the original directors of Solo werent working and how they let them go, etc. Im sure she holds quite a bit of sway.

Although I do agree shes conveniently used as a scapegoat too often. Shes had a legendary career in the film industry. Still, I think she deserves a fair amount of criticism, but not the conspiracy theories of the youtube variety. Its sort of like Trump Derangement Syndrome. She can alternate between a complete dunce with no talent that has just been "lucky" with her career, to demented, Machiavellian puppetmaster pulling all the strings behind the scenes. Let's go by things that we can actually verify or have some kind of rational basis instead of a guy wearing a foam facemask with a youtube channel.

Last edited:
New Critical Drinker video -

"The recent reaction to the return of Luke Skywalker in The Mandalorian reveals just how strongly fans still feel about Star Wars. But there's a civil war raging at Lucasfilm between Kathleen Kennedy and Jon Favreau, and only one side can win."

If anyone would like to to hear a decent 'Audio Drama' of a very good EU story, Dark Empire, rather than track down the comics or buy the expensive graphic novel hardcover, check these out.

OIP.0p7QSn9b6eD8fAnmTFFGEAHaLY

Its not an audio book, which is one narrator reading the book outloud and doing all the voices for the dialogue, its an classic 'Audio Drama' with separate voice actors for each character.

I'd say all the actors do great performances emulating the voices of the movie characters, but Leia and Palpatine's actors are a bit off.

Highly recommended, especially since its free.

For the story's flaws, you just got to keep in mind it was written in the early 90s well before the prequels solidified Palpatine's backstory.

Audio doesnt work for me for some reason. Whats he say?

“If there’s one Jedi left...........it’s not you.” As he was holding up his newly built Light Saber.

Edit: Didn’t see it was already covered. Good looking out

Finally saw the Mando S2 finale, my buddy and I saved the last 3 episodes. Luke was spoiled, but I didn't know how it was going to happen. Once those Dark Troopers returned, I knew Luke was coming to fuck shit up. When that X-Wing approached.... My lord!

I wish it wasn't spoiled, but I still teared up like a baby and dripped like a bitch when Mando took off his helmet to say his goodbye. I'm still shook by the whole thing lol

Luke and Wayne Gretzky were my first heroes. Naturally I was disgusted by what that Cunt KK and her weirdo in chief Rian did to Luke in TLJ, but Favreau and Filloni did us jaded fans some justice.

If you look at who was playing roles at the end; we had two Latino dudes, four chicks comprising white, Asian and black, a green puppet, a droid, a Samoan on the adjacent ship, and a de-aged/CGI (iffy looking at that) white guy.

The diversity was off the charts, but no one probably noticed because the story was front and center with the main/well written characters backing it up. Not once did identity politics rear its ugly head.

Not only did they pay proper respect to the iconic Luke Skywalker, they gave equal weight to Grogu and Mando, while setting up Boba and Agent May as the new underworld bosses lol

This is how it's done, fucking bravo!!
GreatIdioticHydatidtapeworm.webp

Last edited:
Does Disney not want to make money?

How the fuck does posting like this on public forums and insulting fans not get you fired immediately?

This is the type of shit that the idiots who write for Marvel Comics have been doing on Twitter for years, and what do you know? People stopped buying their books.

It doesn't get you fired because there's a complete lack of leadership at Lucasfilm. It seems the only way to get fired by Lucasfilm is to direct one of their movies.

Kathleen Kennedy looks the other way on this stuff. The way your employees represent you is of vital importance with good brands, but it's been obvious from the start Kathleen Kennedy doesn't give a shit about the brand or it's customers. It's just been about making money and holding on to her power there.

I binged all of the SW movies this weekend, was great. I'm one of those that recognize some SW movies are better than others but they're all good, IMO. Even Solo.

If anyone would like to to hear a decent 'Audio Drama' of a very good EU story, Dark Empire, rather than track down the comics or buy the expensive graphic novel hardcover, check these out.

OIP.0p7QSn9b6eD8fAnmTFFGEAHaLY

Its not an audio book, which is one narrator reading the book outloud and doing all the voices for the dialogue, its an classic 'Audio Drama' with separate voice actors for each character.

I'd say all the actors do great performances emulating the voices of the movie characters, but Leia and Palpatine's actors are a bit off.

Highly recommended, especially since its free.

For the story's flaws, you just got to keep in mind it was written in the early 90s well before the prequels solidified Palpatine's backstory.

I enjoyed that series. Dark Empire 2 was kinda weak though. I did like seeing the Empire pull out all the stops with every superweapon and Dark Jedi it had, and it made more sense to have them all since it was only 6 years after Endor as opposed to 25 years later like Rise of Skywalker

Back