Social Stacey Abrams chosen to give Democratic response to Trump's State of the Union

The reaction was insane, but the way it unfolded was way more complex than just "they were white" and because of that people went nuts.

Seano, you initially said that if he was your kid you'd smack him in the mouth. Right? Was it because he's white? Of course not. You are a conservative white guy from rural Maine and you still thought the kid deserved a smack. You're not a psycho, so that's as far as you went. But it very clearly indicates that the outrage was not just because the kid is white.

Don't let the media convince you of something that's not reality. Race relations are pretty damn good around here. I'm actually just about to leave my house, where I live with a minority (and have since 2011), to go to my gym that is probably 70% black people who come over from West Baltimore. You know, where the Wire took place. But guess what, everybody is cool as shit and we all chat and talk boxing and there's absolutely no hint of racial division at all. People are people, and that's an absolute fact.

I've spent my entire life in the DC area and the Baltimore area. Racial tension? Not at all.
I initially said that because I got duped by the original story, like a lot of people did. Yeah, he's a little snide but I said that before people threatened to murder him.

At least Cortez is camera friendly if nothing else.

This disgusting ditch pig Abrams has got millions of dollars and can’t fix her fuckin teeth? Don’t know wether to smile at her or park my bicycle.

I feel bad for people with fu*ked up teeth. I didn't realize that was such a big deal until I came to the States.

everyone I ran into had beautiful straight teeth.

No, I did respond to what you said. You were making it out as if I only see the problems with the other side, and my response was that it's not true. I acknowledged several times already in this thread alone that conservatives have their own issue with racism. And you know what, that's a subject that's discussed ad nauseum. A major difference between a conservative racism and a liberal racist is that the liberals exercise their bigotry with impunity. I don't like either flavor, but when I denounce one everyone nods and when I denounce the other only half the room nods. Please show me a post from any time or anywhere where you ever called out a lefty or leftism for their own bigotry and then you'll have the ground to try and call me out for being one sided.

Well yeah, lots of times. Just out of the incidents described in this thread, I said that the woman who ran the black women retreat was a racist.

This may surprise you, but if you check my posting history you'll find I accuse people of racism at a fraction of the rate as most posters. Even in this thread, it seems like I'm actually the only one saying that I don't see racism in LI's posts or 58's posts.

I think that most of the accusations of racism are somewhat silly, coming from both sides. But we do have some outright racist posters who are very clear about their racism, and they seem to be on the right. The most clear example is the guy I mentioned earlier, and shockingly, nobody who identifies as being conservative ever seems to have any problem with it. As a matter of fact, a few other posters usually defend or support it to some extent.

We are talking about actual racism there. A poster who believes blacks are genetically incapable of being productive members of a white society, and need to be separated into another society (and will be, soon), not to be allowed to mix again. That's actual racism, communicated very clearly. I'll let you guess how many right wing posters called him names or even debated him on the idea.

Who are the racist left wing posters on here? Serious question. Who's racist, and what did they say that was racist? What is the most racist thing 58 said? I'm not familiar with his posts.

If your question is whether I think "all white lefties are scum" is a defensible statement, then of course I do not believe it is, neither on the basis of their politics nor on the basis of being white. Universal racial statements are nearly always racist, whether it is "white lefties are scum" or "all whites are privileged" or "blacks can't be racist". Part of the reason I reacted to one comment and not the other is because it wasn't one comment by 58 that I was responding to. His commentary is characteristically nasty and bigoted. I do not think the same is true with Logical Insanity.

LI has had some version of how much he hates white leftists as his signature for some time, just to make sure everybody sees it constantly. He also posts it in almost every thread he comments in. Be honest, is there another poster on this forum as consistently nasty as LI? He actually calls people scum or says he hates them in his signature. And this is coming from a guy who actually likes LI and would put him in the top few people I'd actually be happy to meet. Lol. You guys just entirely ignore his posting style though.

Feel free to make some disparaging comments about Stacy Abrams’ skin color while you’re at it, Nazi.
Stacey Abrams is a natural human color of chocolate brown, Trump is an unnatural orange color.

I initially said that because I got duped by the original story, like a lot of people did. Yeah, he's a little snide but I said that before people threatened to murder him.

Yeah, that's the thing. You and I have basically the same exact view of the situation, and neither one of us came to that conclusion because the kids were white. I don't think all those white people on Twitter that wanted to assault the kids were racist against white people, that's just laughable to me. They were just disgusted by the type of behavior that was being reported (inaccurately), and had a completely warped sense of appropriate justice. Some of them are apparently being sued now or forced to retract, and rightfully so. But that does not make them all racists.

Yeah, that's the thing. You and I have basically the same exact view of the situation, and neither one of us came to that conclusion because the kids were white. I don't think all those white people on Twitter that wanted to assault the kids were racist against white people, that's just laughable to me. They were just disgusted by the type of behavior that was being reported (inaccurately), and had a completely warped sense of appropriate justice. Some of them are apparently being sued now or forced to retract, and rightfully so. But that does not make them all racists.
I thought the kids were disrespecting native americans because thats what the story implied.

So from your bigoted perspective, only specific colors of skin are okay to denigrate.
I figured.

Stacey Abrams is a natural human color of chocolate brown, Trump is an unnatural orange color.

Abrams is likely to give an effective and intelligent rebuttal, but I have to wonder whether her selection here wasn’t driven by the same type of incompetent identity politics that cost the Dems the election in the first place.

I.e. the desire to present black femaleness as an opposition to oppressive white maleness.

Does she hold any political office? Has someone ever done the rebuttal that holds no official position?

Nice try, bozo. That’s not the photo I posted. Trump really is that fat.

3E317647-E575-4559-A944-D0FF405C0969-1280x640.jpeg

Well then post THIS instead of the Fake Photoshop, dumbass!!!

Jesus.... <LikeReally5>

At least Cortez is camera friendly if nothing else.

This disgusting ditch pig Abrams has got millions of dollars and can’t fix her fuckin teeth? Don’t know wether to smile at her or park my bicycle.

Plenty of room in that Gap to park a Truck.

Abrams is likely to give an effective and intelligent rebuttal, but I have to wonder whether her selection here wasn’t driven by the same type of incompetent identity politics that cost the Dems the election in the first place.

I.e. the desire to present black femaleness as an opposition to oppressive white maleness.

She might do a solid job....provided she keeps her whining about losing the Gubernational Race (as well as using the RACE card), out of the Rebuttal.

Back