St. Pierre responds to Steven Seagal: "I am a martial artist."

I've yet to read about a fighter getting into the cage thanks to Fire Down Below or On Deadly Ground. Which is a shame because the world needs more psuedo-Native American, tassel jacket wearing badasses.

you forgot to mention environmentally conscious

The hate on Seagal is ridiculous. The man is more of a martial artist and has more legitimate credentials than all of Sherdog combined. I'd seriously doubt half of you would say any of this to his face. Yeah, I know you would. Pfft!

I wish everone would quit calling him "Sensei", the guy is delusional and people are just feeding his ego calling him that.

I highly doubt people are serious...just fucking around.

It's actually kind of frightening how many professional MMA fighters have credited JCVD, specifically, with getting them interested in martial arts.

I've yet to read about a fighter getting into the cage thanks to Fire Down Below or On Deadly Ground. Which is a shame because the world needs more psuedo-Native American, tassel jacket wearing badasses.

That last part wasn't a joke.

How is it frightening?

JCVD was a Professional Kickboxer and Karate fighter. He was the one that first introduce Muay Thai into America soil before Marco Ruas demonstrated it's effectiveness in a real fight by methodically chopping down big Pal Varlens with leg kicks.

Quit hating.

andy walked to the cage by seagal vs. fedor walked to the cage by van dame

dana would do it if he had a pair

I don't think anyone who calls themselves a marshal artist is a true marshal artist.

Don't you get it? In foreign countries the aging American action hero is still in the mix....these guys think that by sucking up to the fool Seagal that they will have a secured role in a B action movie that will not make shit in the USA but with AS in it it would make millions in Brasil. Think about it...it is one parasite feeding off another, and actually pretty brilliant. Without Seagsl AS can't make it, and w/o AS the old fatass deluded Seagal will never make another $ in the motion picture industry.

The low budget movie "Never Surrender" did not make millions in Brazil.

That theory is creative but far from accurate.

Do people think Van Damme has better REAL martial art credentials than seagal? Seriously?

Van Dammed was a real fighter based of practicing martial arts. Seigal was just a martial arts practitioner.

Although if both were in their prime, Seigal may have taken it by submission.

When you read the article it seems like it's some reporter that has asked him a question and then tries to make it into that GSP responds to Seagal.

In any case, I don't think any serious mixed martial artist should care what Seagal says. The guy is clearly delusional and the best thing about him is the stories where he ran from JCVD and when Lebell choked him out.

Back