Crime Springfield, Ohio: migrant workers from Haiti exploited

Facts > your made up bullshit
Not made up, if this happened in any town, would this make it more or less likely for the original inhabitants to move elsewhere, be honest... if you're even capable of such a thing.

Not made up, if this happened in any town, would this make it more or less likely for the original inhabitants to move elsewhere, be honest... if you're even capable of such a thing.
I provided you with the data and you ignored it, preferring instead to be confidently ignorant. I'm not the one with the difficulty being honest.

I provided you with the data and you ignored it, preferring instead to be confidently ignorant. I'm not the one with the difficulty being honest.
And here is a direct quote from your data.

“after the Haitians were brought in, it had fallen to about 59K and it continues to fall to this day.”

And my response was that maybe part of the reason it continues to fall is the influx of Haitians.

Could this not be a factor?

“after the Haitians were brought in, it had fallen to about 59K and it continues to fall to this day.”

And my response was that maybe part of the reason it continues to fall is the influx of Haitians.

So, the population falls steadily for 27 years then continues to fall at about the same rate after the Haitians arrive and that's somehow because of them? Seriously?

<36>

No, and you keep going back to the Springfield case when I said I was speaking in general. A 20% overnight population influx of that many people from one of the most fucked up places on earth is not what most people want in their town or city.

Also, it’s pretty pathetic if you’re resorting to racism and xenophobia accusations here are lefties still trying that in 2024? I coulda’t care less what colour someone’s skin happens to be, I wouldn’t even want that number of people of my own nationality to suddenly move to my town, what kind of phobic does that make me?
Ya you bullshit is not fooling anyone though.

You used term likes 'forced' when in fact they were RECRUITED to HELP the town survive and yet you ignore that. You ignore the population data which is NOT just SPringfield and for those types all across the Rust Belt.

Why?

Because it does not serve you egenda.

Many of these towns are dying and becoming part of one of the only growing industries which is Ghost Towns Tourist Tours.

And yet, not one of your posts do you even suggest that RECRUITED workers could be wanted by the community and helping the community.

The type of phobic you are is 'ignorant'. In the face of a town on a clear trendline, that has resulted in so many other towns dying, and the major employers in the town crying for help, before they must shut down or leave, you keep asserting that it is the bringing in of 'others' that is the main problem, when it is not.

Is your answer to 'just let the Towns die, if instead part of the solution is using immigrants'?? That it is simply better to 'let them die', because to you the other option is that distateful?

It is simply an ignorant extrapolation that has no basis in the data which again speaks to your ignorance and inability to assess data.

If i show you this...

bearish-trendline.png

And you could plot a data point anywhere on that line (representing the inclusion of Haitians) and you look at that data and say 'Hmmmmm how do i now know the Haitians are not the reason for the decline after', is a question 'you pose', because of your ignorance.

What do you call it when immigrants are dropped en masse into neighborhoods without the consent of the taxpayers?

SPringfield, in 2017, when Trump was POTUS, began a search of countries they could market to and target, in the hopes of drawing workers to their community. They created 'marketing material' selling the benefits of Springfield and they hired lawyers, to help anyone who applied. They then began marketing to Haiti and a few other countries.

This was done in 2017, under Trump as his Administration was very open to it.

SPringfield, in 2017, when Trump was POTUS, began a search of countries they could market to and target, in the hopes of drawing workers to their community. They created 'marketing material' selling the benefits of Springfield and they hired lawyers, to help anyone who applied. They then began marketing to Haiti and a few other countries.

This was done in 2017, under Trump as his Administration was very open to it.
Sounds like a bad decision made by a board of politicians. Was it voted on by the taxpayers? Serious question.

So, the population falls steadily for 27 years then continues to fall at about the same rate after the Haitians arrive and that's somehow because of them? Seriously?

<36>
It is simply Koro's way of saying 'if a thing is even remotely probable, regardless of what the data says, i will blame it on the Haitians'.

He could also say 'how do we not know the Haitians are responsible for the Ukraine/Russia war? It is within the realm of probability.'

<36>
Maybe it was for other reasons before their arrival, and now them being there is contributing to it as well. Again, would importing 15,000 Haitians to my neighbourhood make me less or more likely to leave? I think that’s a no-brainer.

Sounds like a bad decision made by a board of politicians. Was it voted on by the taxpayers? Serious question.
Why?

The city does not think it was a bad idea, even if a few individuals, as with everything do not like it. How do i know that? Because they have continued and expanded the program since 2017 continually and not voted out the politicians, when in small towns, it is very easy to vote out the politicians if you do not like them. They are not faceless party affiliations you are voting for, like in many big cities, where money can drive a race. They are their neighbours and truly need the support of the people to win.

Why?

The city does not think it was a bad idea, even if a few individuals, as with everything do not like it. How do i know that? Because they have continued and expanded the program since 2017 continually and not voted out the politicians, when in small towns, it is very easy to vote out the politicians if you do not like them. They are not faceless party affiliations you are voting for, like in many big cities, where money can drive a race. They are their neighbours and truly need the support of the people to win.
Often city officials don't have the best interest of the people at heart.

Maybe it was for other reasons before their arrival, and now them being there is contributing to it as well. Again, would importing 15,000 Haitians to my neighbourhood make me less or more likely to leave? I think that’s a no-brainer.
the 'no-brainer' part is the most honest thing you have written about yourself. I am done with your repeated troll lines otherwise. What you think in defiance of the data, the if the Haitians stayed away that trend line would have corrected and stopped going down, and thus 'it is a no brainer to think the Haitians arriving' is now the cause, is just stupid beyond comprehension. It is based in absolutely nothing but your 'FEELS'.

Often city officials don't have the best interest of the people at heart.
In small towns like that you cannot get away with it, easily. Again it is not like you can spend tons of money and get a bunch of voters to vote D or R, who really have no clue what is going on.

If since 2017 your city has been bringing in these workers and only expanding the program and the locals do not like it, it is super easy for the locals to replace them.

This sure a no-brainer, indeed, you've got that right, donut.

eh, thats not true.
Ya it is. Much moreso than in a city like NY, where most people do not know anything about the politicians and are just voting based on dollars spent and an R or D beside the name.

if a majority of a people in a small town don't like a politician or the direction a town is going, it is much harder to stop them registering in their vote.

But clearly you guys will accept nothing other than 'blame the Haitians' and 'the city is victims of them', even as the opposite is clearly true.

Back