Spencer Fisher regrets UFC career...

Let's be honest. If you're looking to make a career as a fighter, in 99 percent of cases, you probably didn't have many choices.

Sure, but not everyone has the personality of Conor. And Diaz is only making money because he fought Conor. Faber was the best 145er in the world as well, he just wasn't a UFC Champ because the UFC didn't have FW.

Most UFC fighters make jack shit. Some get paid like $15K-$30K to show. Sure making 100-200K a year sounds like a lot, but how long do UFC fighters fight? They get busted up and obtain brain damage, just to make good money for a few years. I imagine most fighters that make it to the UFC are only in for 2-5 years and get cut. Then what do they do? Fight for shit money elsewhere? Go back to working a normal job?

It's really not worth the brain damage.
Earlier you said (unless your a champ your making dogshit money.). So you now disagree with the statement you just made?

9An60Fi.gif

Yes, my son!

Dumbest comment I've seen is some time. Didn't Diaz make $3 million for the 2nd Conor fight. Speaking of Conor he's the champ of nothing & I guarantee he'll make a load of $$$$$ his next fight. I don't remember Fabre having a UFC title & I think he made around $340,000 last Saturday,

Mark Hunt makes like 500k per fight

Dog shit money tho

@applesbananas is one dumb piece of shit

One of the greatest flying knees ever.

Thank you Spencer “The King” Fisher!

when Spencer was fighting, homies were making even less than they do now. Some folks were getting 2k to show ( iirc), that's like half a months salary for alot of non fighting folk.

Sure, UFC COULD pay everyone more, but i think they'd be happier keeping it for themselves. But, now with more organizations trying to get into the business, it should give fighters more power.
If the NHL can have a minimum salary of $850,000 with a 700 player roster, so can the UFC. Plus they have insurance. Major league baseball has the best insurance. Play one game in the majors and you are insured for life.

The UFC operates like a shoddy 3rd world outfit.

K-1 or muay thai is for glory and fame not for money unless you are one of the best. Same with wrestling and jiu jitsu.
MMA is growing pretty well. But its the toughest combat sport. Most UFC fighters have better money even fighting twice in UFC than normal person working 1 year. ONE FC is paying pretty well, Bellator is paying even better than UFC unless you are UFC superstar. KSW (Polish MMA organisation) is paying pretty nice.
Still you can earn the most money as a boxer, its still the oldest combat sport (and wrestling but casuals dont like to watch wrestling).

But its not about money, you have only 1 and short life. You have to do what you love instead boring job especially if you are young without your own family because you will regret this in the future that you didnt even tried.

Today is all about money, power and sex. Babalu Sobral had a great career and he sacrificed his health. But it was worth of it, he had short, but beautiful life and career then. He had everything including money in these 10-15 years. Its better to live like Babalu or Fisher as a badass for even few years than have boring job 20-40 years and life like most people have. Same with Lee Murray, he is in jail, but he's a legend 4ever.

Dumbest comment I've seen is some time. Didn't Diaz make $3 million for the 2nd Conor fight. Speaking of Conor he's the champ of nothing & I guarantee he'll make a load of $$$$$ his next fight. I don't remember Fabre having a UFC title & I think he made around $340,000 last Saturday,

maybe not just champs, but really if you aren't in the top 5% of earners in the UFC, you could make more at a regular job pretty easily. Diaz and Conor made landmark purses for that fight (with Conor being paid the highest purse of all time). using it to disprove what he said it pretty stupid, as we all know they are making good $$

https://themmaguru.com/how-much-money-do-mma-fighters-make/

"How much money did MMA fighters make in 2018? There were 187 MMA fighters in the UFC who earned six-figure salaries in 2018, although 37% of MMA fighters in the UFC made less than the $45,000 median U.S average household income. The median income for a MMA fighter in the UFC was $68,500 in 2018 and the average income of all UFC fighters was $138,250. This average is heavily swayed by top earners (outliers) such as Conor McGregor."

only 33% of fighters in the UFC make > 100k/year. it's fairly easy to make that much with a normal job, and you have a 401k when you retire

Last edited:
If the NHL can have a minimum salary of $850,000 with a 700 player roster, so can the UFC. Plus they have insurance. Major league baseball has the best insurance. Play one game in the majors and you are insured for life.

The UFC operates like a shoddy 3rd world outfit.

And the fighters still sign VOLUNTARY contracts to fight for them. Who are you to tell a private company how they can and should operate? As far as I’m concerned, they can pay fighters minimum wage if they so please.

Back