Common jobs after post UFC career?

What’s that like an energy drink??
Yup… saw it the other day at a convenience store (Korean company) in Vietnam.. I think someone recently posted that KZ opened a restaurant in Seoul too. He seems to be doing well.

It seems like a disproportionate amount open restaurants.

A lot of them take the money they made in MMA and buy rental properties, then constantly post on social media about how they are business geniuses/entrepreneurs and will let you pay them for mentorship.

Prosperity coach scams have made a big comeback the last 5 years now that pretty much everyone has realized crypto is a scam.

After fighting, what do most UFC fighters do for a living?

I always wondered what career field they go to?

I know Manny and Karo were teaching judo seminars though the hayastan dojo I think downsized after Covid + lack of interest in MMA or at training in it. Spencer Fisher mentioned that he tried construction work but was not feeling well. He teaches MMA but does not use the term MMA but martial arts and fitnes.

It seems like a fighter in the UFC will struggle if they do not become personal trainers. Kevin Burns and Chris Lytle never quit their jobs and they stuck to being bank manager and fighter of fires during their careers.
They play vegetables in off- broadway children plays; no costume required.

After fighting, what do most UFC fighters do for a living?

I always wondered what career field they go to?

I know Manny and Karo were teaching judo seminars though the hayastan dojo I think downsized after Covid + lack of interest in MMA or at training in it. Spencer Fisher mentioned that he tried construction work but was not feeling well. He teaches MMA but does not use the term MMA but martial arts and fitnes.

It seems like a fighter in the UFC will struggle if they do not become personal trainers. Kevin Burns and Chris Lytle never quit their jobs and they stuck to being bank manager and fighter of fires during their careers.
I would guess that most of them open a gym, do seminars, become training partners for fighters during training camps, etc. That is, if they were not real stars. If they were stars, they go for movies (Both as actors or stunt doubles, fight scene creations in movies, etc.

They probably mainly start a gym or work at one, and/or security work.

I think it matters if the fighter has a college degree or not. A lot of fighters probably lean on their degree afterwards if they didn’t manage to become famous while fighting.

Usually they have partnerships in gyms or other small businesses. Acting, sports media are also common

After post-UFC career? Retired fighters 2nd job after quitting UFC?

Plenty of fighters have gyms that they manage and coach classes at, like Dan Henderson. That’s pretty straight forward since they’ve been in the gym all their life (usually) and that’s what they know. Plus if they are name fighters like Hendo it attracts more people. So coaching is a job as well.

some fighters get a job as commentators, fight analysts or something like that. Fighting is what they know so they can just call out what they see and what they’re looking at. For example DC, Bisping, Dan Hardy, Cruz, Rashad Evans, Chiesa.. I think even Anthony Smith

true, but those are all name fighters. what does the no-name ufc fighter who no longer fights do after fighting? i'd think they do normal jobs like the rest of us.

Back