South Dakota nurse says many dying patients still insist COVID-19 'not real'

It is...but where I am hospitals are almost full. To the point where they are cancelling far more profitable elective surgeries because they have no room or bandwidth.

So...is it that people are bored and figure a stay in the hospital would be fun? Or is it that hospitals hate money and would rather admit people who don't need to be there that have a highly transmittable disease?
Where I'm at, the hospitals aren't full. But politicians are still calling for more restrictions on American citizens.

I know at one hospital they have a covid wing they created back in the spring and they have never used it. So when hospitals and media says the ICU's are full, they may actually have other space in the hospital set up for covid that they are not telling you about. I know this because I talked to 2 people employed at a local hospital.

That being said, I hope your community is ok

While South Dakota is becoming the COVID hotspot, their hot bimbo Governor is speaking in maskless conventions and never talks about the the trumpvirus as if it doesnt exist

Where I'm at, the hospitals aren't full. But politicians are still calling for more restrictions on American citizens.

I know at one hospital they have a covid wing they created back in the spring and they have never used it. So when hospitals and media says the ICU's are full, they may actually have other space in the hospital set up for covid that they are not telling you about. I know this because I talked to 2 people employed at a local hospital.

That being said, I hope your community is ok

Yeah I know some places aren't bad like we are now. But I know for sure it's not BS about them being full. I have a good friend who's dad is on the board at one of the hospitals here. I know others who work at different ones in this area. It's bad. Just about 90% full for ICU beds and beds in total. No secret Covid areas.

And again, they're cancelling elective surgeries which they make bank on. There's no reason at all for them to do that unless they are stretched too thin, right?

Dustin Johnson just won the Masters with Covid. The Braves had the MVP after Covid. Ronaldo scored two goals after Covid.

Great one off hearsay anecdote. Great thread. 10/10

"i don't like hearsay, so lemme give you a bunch of anecdotes about how professional athletes in good physical condition fared with Covid. This is totally representative."

And again, they're cancelling elective surgeries which they make bank on. There's no reason at all for them to do that unless they are stretched too thin, right?
If you guys are full in your hospital with too many on intensive care, then yeah, they would have to limit their own non-emergency proceedures that would require a bed to be taken up. In your case, I don't think you are getting lied to.

My problem is with politicians not looking at each hospital in your county and making blanket mandates taking away people's freedoms. That hurts more people than the disease in these areas.

If you guys are full in your hospital with too many on intensive care, then yeah, they would have to limit their own non-emergency proceedures that would require a bed to be taken up. In your case, I don't think you are getting lied to.

My problem is with politicians not looking at each hospital in your county and making blanket mandates taking away people's freedoms. That hurts more people than the disease in these areas.

Agree. It for sure needs to be geographic in how they deal with it.

Agree. It for sure needs to be geographic in how they deal with it.
Right now in my area we are getting lied to. This doesn't mean you are. But they are taking away more freedoms from businesses, like how many people they can do business with at one time. They say they are doing it by county, so that the county hospital is not overwhelmed. I know ours is not because they have a specially created covid wing they never used yet. And I talk to people that work there.

But anyway, the metric they are using for restrictions, shutdowns and fines is a number called "positivity rate" That metric does not tell you how full or empty your county hosptital is.

And with the high rate of false positives on all these NFL teams, we know the positivity rate is not accurate anyway. But like I said, even if it was accurate, it doesn't mean your county hospital is full or close to full

If the politicians lock us down and mandate us based on "positivity rate" they could potentially be shutting us down for 6 months or more I'm sure.

Different topic, start another thread on this guy
Oh...you think an example of someone denying Covid is real in a thread about people denying Covid is real is...off topic?<Lmaoo>

Right now in my area we are getting lied to. This doesn't mean you are. But they are taking away more freedoms from businesses, like how many people they can do business with at one time. They say they are doing it by county, so that the county hospital is not overwhelmed. I know ours is not because they have a specially created covid wing they never used yet. And I talk to people that work there.

But anyway, the metric they are using for restrictions, shutdowns and fines is a number called "positivity rate" That metric does not tell you how full or empty your county hosptital is.

And with the high rate of false positives on all these NFL teams, we know the positivity rate is not accurate anyway. But like I said, even if it was accurate, it doesn't mean your county hospital is full or close to full

If the politicians lock us down and mandate us based on "positivity rate" they could potentially be shutting us down for 6 months or more I'm sure.

Ours is based on all sorts of numbers that honestly I don't have the energy or bandwidth to track. The main one for me is always gonna be hospitalizations and hospital capacity. Even above deaths. Case numbers can be wrong (although I know in my area the number of cases is skyrocketing, I don't know exactly how much because yeah there can be false positives, etc). Deaths are tricky because it is mainly elderly or people who are already sick that don't make it (not exclusively, but mostly). And Covid could play a role but not be the only one, etc. So it makes it at least a little blurry.

But the one thing you can't fake is hospitalizations when it comes to this thing cutting into their profit margins. There is absolutely ZERO chance a hospital wants to be full up on Covid cases and unable to provide their more lucrative services. Even non profit hospitals use the money they make on all those elective surgeries to cover the costs of the massive write offs they give to people who can't pay their bills. This is pure and simple economics. In fact, I'll capitalize the next part for all those who deny Covid is an issue anywhere so that they might actually let it sink in:

IF YOU SEE A PLACE WHERE HOSPITALS HAVE CANCELLED ELECTIVE SURGERIES DUE TO BEING OVERWHELMED BY COVID, REST ASSURED THAT YOU ARE NOT NOT NOT BEING LIED TO AND IT'S NOT A HOAX IN THAT SPOT. HOSPITALS ARE NOT GOING TO DENY MORE PROFITABLE PROCEDURES FOR FUN, THEY JUST AREN'T.

Ours is based on all sorts of numbers that honestly I don't have the energy or bandwidth to track. The main one for me is always gonna be hospitalizations and hospital capacity. Even above deaths. Case numbers can be wrong (although I know in my area the number of cases is skyrocketing, I don't know exactly how much because yeah there can be false positives, etc). Deaths are tricky because it is mainly elderly or people who are already sick that don't make it (not exclusively, but mostly). And Covid could play a role but not be the only one, etc. So it makes it at least a little blurry.

But the one thing you can't fake is hospitalizations when it comes to this thing cutting into their profit margins. There is absolutely ZERO chance a hospital wants to be full up on Covid cases and unable to provide their more lucrative services. Even non profit hospitals use the money they make on all those elective surgeries to cover the costs of the massive write offs they give to people who can't pay their bills. This is pure and simple economics. In fact, I'll capitalize the next part for all those who deny Covid is an issue anywhere so that they might actually let it sink in:

IF YOU SEE A PLACE WHERE HOSPITALS HAVE CANCELLED ELECTIVE SURGERIES DUE TO BEING OVERWHELMED BY COVID, REST ASSURED THAT YOU ARE NOT NOT NOT BEING LIED TO AND IT'S NOT A HOAX IN THAT SPOT. HOSPITALS ARE NOT GOING TO DENY MORE PROFITABLE PROCEDURES FOR FUN, THEY JUST AREN'T.
I agree, I heard our hospital lost millions from proceedures being banned.

I'm a big freedom guy, and I don't think politicians have the right to tell us in other businesses which ones of us are essential and non essential. This is the USA.

I agree, I heard our hospital lost millions from proceedures being banned.

I'm a big freedom guy, and I don't think politicians have the right to tell us in other businesses which ones of us are essential and non essential. This is the USA.

Yeah I have never advocated for mass shutdowns. It's not sustainable, and the approach needs to be targeted. Plus, you can allow businesses to operate with some restrictions so they can remain viable. I don't think anyone is arguing that you can't put some safety guidelines in place. You just need to use common sense.

If anybody is being partisan around here, it’s those poor folks whose final moments on earth are spent denying Covid

SO sayeth a single nurse, that seemingly has ill intent to trash the dying so supposed news media like the Post can make it a morbid schadenfreude headline

Back